Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: ***Official '11-'12 New York Knicks Thread***

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    LOL, I believe it. I wanted to go last night, but couldn't fit it in my school schedule. What would you say was the split between Knicks and Nets fans? I went to a Knicks/Nets game at the Izod Center a couple years ago that was probably a 50/50 split and that was before we even got Amare, Melo, etc.
    Given the Nets were out of it almost immediately and had little to root for, it is hard to say. But I'd guess 70-80 percent of the crowd was rooting for the Knicks. I felt bad for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Who hold the tiebreaker between the Heat and Bulls?
    Currently the Bulls based on conference record by 1/2 game (Bulls & Heat tied in loss column, but Bulls have 1 more conference win).

If Heat runs the table and Bulls lose 1 more game and it's in conference, then Heat get No. 1 seed.

The tough part is that the Bulls 2 conference games are against Pacers and Cavs. Pacers are locked into the No. 3 seed so they may rest players.

All Pro
    Nice win today over the Hawks. Knicks looked craptastic and sluggish against the Cavs Friday night and I was worried about Amare affecting Melo's performance but that certainly wasn't the case today.

Heat are pretty much a lock now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nice win today over the Hawks. Knicks looked craptastic and sluggish against the Cavs Friday night and I was worried about Amare affecting Melo's performance but that certainly wasn't the case today.

Yep, unless the Magic somehow lose to the Bobcats.

Knicks have a tough game against the Clips on Wednesday, but thats the MSG finale and Woodson will get his team up to put on a good showing.

Miami is by far the toughest matchup in the East even if Wade is injured. Lebron is on a mission.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Miami is by far the toughest matchup in the East even if Wade is injured. Lebron is on a mission.
    I agree.

I would actually put Chicago 4th behind Miami, Indy, and Celtics as toughest matchup in the East, especially with Indy having a 1st round cakewalk now against the Magic.

The key to beating Miami IMO is making the 2 1/2 stars log a lot of minutes early and hope for a long series because of their lack of quality depth.
    Last edited by SMC; 04-23-2012 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I agree.

I would actually put Chicago 4th behind Miami, Indy, and Celtics as toughest matchup in the East, especially with Indy having a 1st round cakewalk now against the Magic.

The key to beating Miami IMO is making the 2 1/2 stars log a lot of minutes early and hope for a long series because of their lack of quality depth.
    Celtics are a big-time darkhorse in the East. I would actually pick them to beat the Bulls in a 7 game series and I think they can even give Miami a run for its money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Celtics are a big-time darkhorse in the East. I would actually pick them to beat the Bulls in a 7 game series and I think they can even give Miami a run for its money.
    I agree, Indy and Celtics are the biggest threat to Miami IMO. Of course, if the Knicks pull the upset that won't matter.

All Pro
    Anyone who thinks the Pacers are more of a threat than the Bulls are crazy. The Pacers are a good team, but extremely beatable.

I'd go

1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Celtics
    4. Knicks
    5. Pacers
    6. Hawks
    7. Sixers
    8. Magic

In terms of chances of actually winning this year. We would beat the Pacers right now in a 7 game series.

All Pro
    Avoid the Heat like the plague. The biggest problem with a Bulls match up is rebounding. At least with Chicago, you stick Shumpert on their best player (Rose) and try and beat them in half court sets. The Bulls wont be running, theyll go set for set with you. Most of their possessions are just Rose driving and chucking up some off balance shot that goes in. With good on-ball defense, itll effect a lot of possessions. Who knows? Maybe Melo goes off a few games and they steal some games and make Chicago sweat. They're beatable.

Miami would just transition them to death. Unless you honestly believe stuff about Lebron choking then its a really tough match up. Its hard to come up with a defensive plan against them. I guess you could let Lebron get his and try and take away their perimeter offense all together. I just dont like how the Knicks stack up against them at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anyone who thinks the Pacers are more of a threat than the Bulls are crazy. The Pacers are a good team, but extremely beatable.

I'd go

1. Heat
    2. Bulls
    3. Celtics
    4. Knicks
    5. Pacers
    6. Hawks
    7. Sixers
    8. Magic

In terms of chances of actually winning this year. We would beat the Pacers right now in a 7 game series.
    Call me crazy () because I think the Pacers would beat this current Bulls team (i.e., injury issues) in a best of 7 series.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Avoid the Heat like the plague. The biggest problem with a Bulls match up is rebounding. At least with Chicago, you stick Shumpert on their best player (Rose) and try and beat them in half court sets. The Bulls wont be running, theyll go set for set with you. Most of their possessions are just Rose driving and chucking up some off balance shot that goes in. With good on-ball defense, itll effect a lot of possessions. Who knows? Maybe Melo goes off a few games and they steal some games and make Chicago sweat. They're beatable.

Miami would just transition them to death. Unless you honestly believe stuff about Lebron choking then its a really tough match up. Its hard to come up with a defensive plan against them. I guess you could let Lebron get his and try and take away their perimeter offense all together. I just dont like how the Knicks stack up against them at all.
    Excellent points.

The biggest problem for the Knicks IMO is that their biggest weakness (turnovers) is something Miami feeds off of.

As you said, the Heat would transition the Knicks to death because the Knicks are such a crappy ballhandling team.

We're playing the heat. If we didn't want to the starters wouldn't have went the full 2nd half at Atlanta. Plus Doug Collins basically admitted there tanking iggy Lou Williams + more are done for the season.

The bulls demolish us on the boards. Play Miami don't turn the ball over and make them play half court offense. The one thing I worry about which I wouldn't for any other team is the reffing for the heat series. Wade+ James playoff whining = ridiculous calls.

All Pro
    Excellent points.

The biggest problem for the Knicks IMO is that their biggest weakness (turnovers) is something Miami feeds off of.

As you said, the Heat would transition the Knicks to death because the Knicks are such a crappy ballhandling team.
    No question about it.

One of the only things in a Knicks/Heat series that would play to the benefit of the Knicks is the crowd involvement, IMO. The Garden would be ELECTRIC for Knicks/Heat and I'd be willing to bet the American Airlines Arena (or whatever their arena is) would be 40% Knicks fans.

Didn't think this was worth its own thread, but it's driving me NUTS.

The last two days, Michael Kay has made it sound like Orlando needs to lose ONE game for us to get the 6 seed (I know, why am i listening? I subscribe to "BTMF")

He can't possibly mean this, but he's said it TWICE, and spent time discussing it both times. Does anyone out there listen, and if so can you explain what he was trying to say? We can joke how clueless he is, but between him/Don/the producer, SOMEONE would have to know Orlando is up two in the loss column, no?

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Didn't think this was worth its own thread, but it's driving me NUTS.

The last two days, Michael Kay has made it sound like Orlando needs to lose ONE game for us to get the 6 seed (I know, why am i listening? I subscribe to "BTMF")

He can't possibly mean this, but he's said it TWICE, and spent time discussing it both times. Does anyone out there listen, and if so can you explain what he was trying to say? We can joke how clueless he is, but between him/Don/the producer, SOMEONE would have to know Orlando is up two in the loss column, no?
    Haven't heard, but it definitely doesn't surprise me. He really is clueless about everything outside of baseball. Not that he's a genius there either.

P.s. Orlando is already beating up on Charlotte after the first quarter (not surprisingly), so all us Knicks fans can kiss that 6th seed pipe dream goodbye.

Jets Insider VIP
    Weird stat for Knicks. After beating the Clips, the Knicks have the 4th most wins in the Eastern Conference against winning teams (15) but have the most losses against losing teams (10) for all the postseason teams. Thats why theyre no higher than 6th seed.

All Pro
    Weird stat for Knicks. After beating the Clips, the Knicks have the 4th most wins in the Eastern Conference against winning teams (15) but have the most losses against losing teams (10) for all the postseason teams. Thats why theyre no higher than 6th seed.
    That's pretty much the ultimate underachiever stat right there.

So do we dog it against the Bobcats tonight and hope we get the Bulls?

Frankly even if we benched Melo, Amare, and Chandler I still think we win by double digits.

Jets Insider VIP
    That's pretty much the ultimate underachiever stat right there.

So do we dog it against the Bobcats tonight and hope we get the Bulls?

Frankly even if we benched Melo, Amare, and Chandler I still think we win by double digits.
    The problem is that Philly will likely tank as well. They tried to tank last night and still won. The Bucks were such playoff contending frauds. They were 9-29 against winning teams.

BTW, Knicks open up on Saturday regardless of opponent.

Stupid scheduling IMO having both Miami and Chicago play on Saturday from a ratings standpoint

All Pro
    The problem is that Philly will likely tank as well. They tried to tank last night and still won. The Bucks were such playoff contending frauds. They were 9-29 against winning teams.

BTW, Knicks open up on Saturday regardless of opponent.

Stupid scheduling IMO having both Miami and Chicago play on Saturday from a ratings standpoint
    It's surprising. I'd think they'd want the Heat (particularly if it's Knicks/Heat) in the 3:30 slot on Sunday.