Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '11-'12 New York Knicks Thread***

Lin vs. a little bit of frontcourt pressure is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    He was matched up against Deron Williams on both sides of the floor. He had to pass the ball when the Nets trapped him? Who doesn't?

I'm not saying Lin is the next Walt Frazier but Jeez if the Knicks can get even semi-decent pg play they might actually be able to make the playoffs.

I beleve last nights starting backcourt for the Knicks had the highest combined IQ in the history of the NBA.

Lin is 23 years old, has an IQ higher than the rest of the NBA combined, has scored 25 and 28 points respectively in his only extended game action, broke down the defenses consistently and passed the ball effectively. He also played pretty good defense. Is he perfect? No. But I think we could work with this guy.

You just don't have many Harvard-Stanford starting backcourts these days.

LINsanity yet again! Wow, that place was absolutely packed with Knicks fans tonight.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    LINsanity yet again! Wow, that place was absolutely packed with Knicks fans tonight.
    Friday Vs Lakers is a big test for Lin

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JetsPrisoner12 View Post
    But I think we could work with this guy.
    Which is precisely why..I think the DOlan led Knicks will find a way to squander this guy.

Mark my word.

As soon as I started noticing him emerging..I knew it was curtains for him.

AmIright.

Tick tock tick tock.

You can tell by his presser that D'Antoni is cautiously optimistic that he has found his PG...

Now Lin just has to do it every game. Lin seems well grounded so that should help. He'll have some down games but overall I think this kid is for real

http://www.msg.com/videos/dantoni-po...rds-28-1.82611

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Which is precisely why..I think the DOlan led Knicks will find a way to squander this guy.

Mark my word.

AmIright.

Tick tock tick tock.
    See, this is why Dolan should have purchased the Jets instead of Woody. He would have fit in seamlessly. It's taken Woody a few years to succumb to "the old ways".

All League
    If your missing the Jeremy Lin story, shame on you...kids fun to watch run the O... And the Asian fans are coming out in droves... love this tweet.

FisolaNYDNFrank Isola

Asian fan is holding up a sign: "Who says we can't drive?" Tremendous. It's all Jeremy Lin all the time

All Pro
    Just Lin Baby!

But seriously, although it's a small sample size, here's to hoping we've found a diamond in the rough. 20+ points and 8+ rebounds in his first two starts -- first player to do it since LeBron.

He's obviously smart, can move the ball, and can score. Maybe he's not the answer, but he's sure as hell an improvement over Toney Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Just Lin Baby!

But seriously, although it's a small sample size, here's to hoping we've found a diamond in the rough. 20+ points and 8+ rebounds in his first two starts -- first player to do it since LeBron.

He's obviously smart, can move the ball, and can score. Maybe he's not the answer, but he's sure as hell an improvement over Toney Douglas.
    And he has a quick 1st step, gets to the rim, plays D and rebounds...At worst, he becomes a real good backup..

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

Mark my word.

AmIright.

Tick tock tick tock.
    Sadly you might be right. I can see it now, Amare, Chandler, Lin and Schumbert for Dwight Howard and a bunch of big contracts. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Amare's not playing tonight. Without both Amare and Melo it's going to be extremely tough for the Knicks to beat the Lakers. I know the 3 game winning streak has been mostly Lin doing it without Melo and Amare but when you're playing against the big boys like Kobe and the Lakers you need all the offensive firepower you can get.

Can't wait to see what this team looks like when it's 100% again. Lin feeding Carmelo on the perimeter and Amare in the post or going in for the drive - that's what this offense is supposed to look like. Baron Davis will be there too and can even play the 2 while Lin runs point.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 02-10-2012 at 01:24 PM.

I actually saw Lin in person play against the Knicks last season when he was on Golden State. He looked good against us which is part of the reason why D'Antoni picked up a flyer on the kid when nobody else wanted him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Amare's not playing tonight. Without both Amare and Melo it's going to be extremely tough for the Knicks to beat the Lakers. I know the 3 game winning streak has been mostly Lin doing it without Melo and Amare but when you're playing against the big boys like Kobe and the Lakers you need all the offensive firepower you can get.

Can't wait to see what this team looks like when it's 100% again. Lin feeding Carmelo on the perimeter and Amare in the post or going in for the drive - that's what this offense is supposed to look like. Baron Davis will be there too and can even play the 2 while Lin runs point.
    Lakers playing back to back on the road though kind of evens it out.

That Ruby2 guy is pretty smart

LINSANITY!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ruby2; 02-10-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    LINSANITY!!!

It's a great story and a lot of fun to follow. Lin plays like a natural point guard and has athleticism, which allows him to take advantage of D'Antoni's PG friendly system.

All Pro
    LINSANITY

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    LINSANITY
    Great story! Having your point guard being your leading scorer and having 7 turnovers and 7 assist?