Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 644

Thread: ***Official '11-'12 New York Knicks Thread***

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that Baron Davis took the veterans minimum so that the Knicks could use the 2.5 mil on another player, hopefully James Posey.

  2. #42
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY-Jets View Post
    Im loving this offseason. Landed a true defensive center in Tyson Chandler, a top 3-5 defensive center. Drafted what looks to be a future NBA star in Iman Shumpert, whos by far the most athletically gifted talent coming out of this years draft class and just landed a 32 year old Baron Davis whos a pure PG. Once Baron Davis returns to full health, our team will become impossible to stop.

    MDA said on Shumpert, that hes going to be a multi-purpose player. He stated that he might become a starting point, he might become a starting two. He said he thinks it will depend on his teammates more than what he does. He said Shumpert will be good at either position. Also made it known that Shumpert has a pretty high ceiling.

    Baron Davis said he chose the Knicks over Heat and Lakers because of frontline, playing in MSG, and MDAs offensive system. Said that people may know him mainly as a scorer, but says he is just as good of a passer. Also stated that hes never played with this much talent on one team.

    From Hollinger

    Its true. Davis had the most valuable assists in the league last season, and it wasnt even close. Among players with at least 300 assists, Davis average assist was worth .841 points, well ahead of the league average of .667. And lets you think that was all from having Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan slamming down dunks, consider that Davis assist value didnt change at all after the trade to Cleveland. More than half of Davis assists were layups or dunks, according to Hoopdata.com, compared to the league average of 38 percent; conversely, only 26.3 percent of his dimes were bad assists that led to 2-pointers away from the basket.
    Typical Statz, Shumpert hasn't even played a game yet and your already claiming he's gonna be a star.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY-Jets View Post
    Im loving this offseason. Landed a true defensive center in Tyson Chandler, a top 3-5 defensive center. Drafted what looks to be a future NBA star in Iman Shumpert, whos by far the most athletically gifted talent coming out of this years draft class and just landed a 32 year old Baron Davis whos a pure PG. Once Baron Davis returns to full health, our team will become impossible to stop.

    MDA said on Shumpert, that hes going to be a multi-purpose player. He stated that he might become a starting point, he might become a starting two. He said he thinks it will depend on his teammates more than what he does. He said Shumpert will be good at either position. Also made it known that Shumpert has a pretty high ceiling.

    Baron Davis said he chose the Knicks over Heat and Lakers because of frontline, playing in MSG, and MDAs offensive system. Said that people may know him mainly as a scorer, but says he is just as good of a passer. Also stated that hes never played with this much talent on one team.

    From Hollinger

    Its true. Davis had the most valuable assists in the league last season, and it wasnt even close. Among players with at least 300 assists, Davis average assist was worth .841 points, well ahead of the league average of .667. And lets you think that was all from having Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan slamming down dunks, consider that Davis assist value didnt change at all after the trade to Cleveland. More than half of Davis assists were layups or dunks, according to Hoopdata.com, compared to the league average of 38 percent; conversely, only 26.3 percent of his dimes were bad assists that led to 2-pointers away from the basket.
    Pump the brakes with Shumpert. I like the pick too, but let's calm down.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Pump the brakes with Shumpert. I like the pick too, but let\\\\\\\'s calm down.
    I just feel Shumpert has star ability-potential. Has everything you look for in a potentially great player. Ahletic ability, can guard the 1 through 3 position(s), plays with defensive pride on the defensive end, plays with alot of confidence, very aggressive kid etc, etc. If he can improve his jump shot and overall shot selection, he could become something special. Sure, he hasnt played a regular season game yet, only time will tell, but he looked very good during his first ever NBA game against the Nets. Also looked to be one of the most athletically gifted talents during the lockout amongst other young players. Hopefully he looks good again tonight, the preseason game is at I believe 7:30.

    Madison Square Garden should be electirc tonight, cant wait man. Hopefully we see alot of Jerome Jordan too. Thoughts on Jerome? The chants of defense, defense, defense are on the verge of sending chills through my spine. Speaking of defense, it would be nice to see the Knicks keep NJ under 85 points once again. Build a little defensive confidence/momentum heading into our Christmas day matchup againt Boston.
    Last edited by NY-Jets; 12-21-2011 at 04:35 PM.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,761
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody else terrified at the prospect of Amare's knees holding up over the condensed season?

    I'm scared D'Antoni will be fearful for his job and will push the minutes leading to disasterous results...

    We've already used our amnesty and there's a reason you can't insure his knees...

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,354
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NY-Jets;4286661]I just feel Shumpert has star ability-potential. Has everything you look for in a potentially great player. Ahletic ability, can guard the 1 through 3 position(s), plays with defensive pride on the defensive end, plays with alot of confidence, very aggressive kid etc, etc. If he can improve his jump shot and overall shot selection, he could become something special. Sure, he hasnt played a regular season game yet, only time will tell, but he looked very good during his first ever NBA game against the Nets. Also looked to be one of the most athletically gifted talents during the lockout amongst other young players. Hopefully he looks good again tonight, the preseason game is at I believe 7:30.

    QUOTE]


    I agree with this. This kid is special. Too bad he got hurt. This kid seems to have "it".

  7. #47
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the 1st half and then went to bed. I knew when I woke up there would be an "L" on the board. They were playing lazy, uninspired basketball last night. As if they were looking past the Warriors to tonight's game. Lazy passing leading to a ton of unnecessary turnovers.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knicks vs Lakers

    Knicks one pass and shoot and no D. Awful.

  9. #49
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swear this team can't play D to saves their lives. Is like every team shoots over 50% against us. We make a scrub team look like 96 bulls

  10. #50
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    7,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJets04 View Post
    I swear this team can't play D to saves their lives. Is like every team shoots over 50% against us. We make a scrub team look like 96 bulls
    D'Antoni is going to really be on the hot seat in not too long.

  11. #51
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is some defense right there. What a joke.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,836
    Post Thanks / Like

  13. #53
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone knows about the D but D'Antonis strength is supposed to be offense but without a true point they look lost. Its pretty much a pass and shoot or an isolation.

  14. #54
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm starting to get really concerned about Amare and Carmelo playing together. Stoudemire looks completely lost out there.

    Any thoughts on making a serious trade with Orlando for Dwight Howard? Is that at all realistic?

    Or am I just overreacting here?

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'm starting to get really concerned about Amare and Carmelo playing together. Stoudemire looks completely lost out there.

    Any thoughts on making a serious trade with Orlando for Dwight Howard? Is that at all realistic?

    Or am I just overreacting here?
    Overreacting. They scored 2/3 of the points last night.

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Everyone knows about the D but D'Antonis strength is supposed to be offense but without a true point they look lost. Its pretty much a pass and shoot or an isolation.
    I never liked the Billups situation. Should have found a way to keep him for at least one more season.

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'm starting to get really concerned about Amare and Carmelo playing together. Stoudemire looks completely lost out there.

    Any thoughts on making a serious trade with Orlando for Dwight Howard? Is that at all realistic?

    Or am I just overreacting here?
    They are tough to watch.

  18. #58
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,273
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'm starting to get really concerned about Amare and Carmelo playing together. Stoudemire looks completely lost out there.

    Any thoughts on making a serious trade with Orlando for Dwight Howard? Is that at all realistic?

    Or am I just overreacting here?
    The problem is that Stoudemire has to get used to sharing the center position with Chandler. He's used to having a ton of room underneath but now that Chandler is a pure center and STAT plays the 2 forward he's getting adjusted.

    I'm not worried.

    ...yet

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Everyone knows about the D but D'Antonis strength is supposed to be offense but without a true point they look lost. Its pretty much a pass and shoot or an isolation.
    The Knicks' defense has been better - primarily because they now have players who are actually capable of playing defense unlike in the past 10 years with the Marbury's and Van Horns.

    The real problem with Mike D'Antoni is the 7 second offense. The only pg in the nba who can run the 7 second offense sucessfully is Nash. Rubio can run it too. Raymond Felton did an adequate job last season before he was traded.

    Knicks don't have the type of pg who can run the 7 second offense. Carmelo, Chandler and Amare (w/o Nash setting him up) are half-court players. Everyone keeps saying wait for Baron Davis but he too is a half-court player. I think the Knicks will make the playoffs and probably be a 4th or 5th seed in the East but D'Antoni has to go after this season. Phil Jackson will be the head coach next year.

  20. #60
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,775
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    I'm starting to get really concerned about Amare and Carmelo playing together. Stoudemire looks completely lost out there.

    Any thoughts on making a serious trade with Orlando for Dwight Howard? Is that at all realistic?

    Or am I just overreacting here?
    Supposedly the Magic are not interested due to Amare's uninsured contract and his knee problems.

    However, come February with the trade deadline staring the Magic in their face and the possiblity of losing Howard for trash I think ultimately they trade him either to the Lakers or Knicks. I don't think the Nets have the assets to offer the Magic. Most they can offer is Humph and a draft pick.

    Knicks can offer Amare and Chandler. Lakers can offer Gasol and Bynum. Big difference.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us