Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Let's Talk Trent Richardson

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    It's not just the Jets that have me turned off to this idea.

    There are way too many guys who fail, I don't have the figures or anything... but the bust rate for a DE/OLB convert seems much higher than if a player doesn't have to learn a new position.

    Of course, I'll always trust the coaches and support the pick, but I've grown to dislike the idea quite a bit. I'd much rather take a high upside project type of guy in the 3rd or 4th since it's going to be a project anyway.

    Many players have succeeded as you say, and that's great. On the other hand, just as many if not more have flopped and it's just a risk I'd rather not take in rds 1 and 2. With the Maybin emergence, I think it's less of a need anyway.

    And I totally agree on Greene. I do think he's a quality RB. He's very good when he's all there, but he's not all there often enough for me. Way too injury prone and lacks the toughness needed for a guy who runs the way he does.

    Greene certainly isn't good enough for me to pass on a special player like Richardson. Greene would be better served as the #2 anyway to keep both guys fresh.
    Makes sense, I took your previous post to mean that you did not want to take those type of players at all, you clarified in this post that you mean in the early rounds. I just want the Jets to draft some pass rushers, any round they like. I would not be opposed to drafting a RB in the 1st round if the right guy fell to us.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    ya know who is gonna be really good and wont be a first rounder?

    Bernard Pierce, Temple

    take him in the 3rd or 4th instead of Trent at 1st rd prices. better value and might have a better career.
    I like him aswell but I don't think they will go this route. Did it last year with Powell and I think before taking another "project" they would rather continue to give Powell another year who I think people have given up on way too early...

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    ya know who is gonna be really good and wont be a first rounder?

    Bernard Pierce, Temple

    take him in the 3rd or 4th instead of Trent at 1st rd prices. better value and might have a better career.
    I'm a Temple grad and have seen this dude play many times.

    He's very good, but just like Greene, he's injury prone and gets nicked up fairly easily. He won't be a workhorse in the NFL.

    I've heard he's pretty soft and doesn't like to play hurt, which just about everybody in the NFL has to do. From what I'm told, he takes a seat if he's not 100%.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    From what I'm told, he takes a seat if he's not 100%.
    thats not that uncommon among players playing for free. Pierce knows he's going to the league, why run on a bad ankle? He's been healthy lately and been killing it...

    I dont think they need a Richardson to replace Greene. They need a back to replace LT or backfill behind him.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I'm a Temple grad and have seen this dude play many times.

    He's very good, but just like Greene, he's injury prone and gets nicked up fairly easily. He won't be a workhorse in the NFL.

    I've heard he's pretty soft and doesn't like to play hurt, which just about everybody in the NFL has to do. From what I'm told, he takes a seat if he's not 100%.
    big Pierce fan here- i've not heard he's soft and he most definitely does not run or play soft; almost 650 carries in 3 years....if he wants to take a seat its probably because he's dead tired...

    his biggest issue is poor foot speed though his running style reminds me of Emmitt Smith...and he can catch the ball out of the backfield...

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    big Pierce fan here- i've not heard he's soft and he most definitely does not run or play soft; almost 650 carries in 3 years....if he wants to take a seat its probably because he's dead tired...

    his biggest issue is poor foot speed though his running style reminds me of Emmitt Smith...and he can catch the ball out of the backfield...
    If you look at his numbers, he has 100 more carries in the 1st half of games than the 2nd half this season. A person I trust from the program told me that's because he takes himself out with little injuries, not fatigue.

    I'm not saying Pierce is a bad player or anything like that. I actually think he's very good and will make a good pro, just passing along what little inside info I can.

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    If you look at his numbers, he has 100 more carries in the 1st half of games than the 2nd half this season. A person I trust from the program told me that's because he takes himself out with little injuries, not fatigue.

    I'm not saying Pierce is a bad player or anything like that. I actually think he's very good and will make a good pro, just passing along what little inside info I can.
    i've asked around to see what comes back...regardless- a lot of talent on that Temple team...both guards are NFL caliber, the back-up tight end is a terrific blocker and Streater could be a 5th WR in the NFL...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us