Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thomas Jones did not want to leave the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No you obviously missed the point. That's why it's in the dump where it rightly belongs.
    The point is its a current newspaper article, regardless if it was discussed weeks,months or years ago. Just because you disagree it belongs in the dump. Yea man!

Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Thomas Jones took the money and ran to K.C as Braylon did to S.F. In both instances the Jets failed to negotiate in good faith. Hows that working out for us?

Really well? Good point.

Yea we havent had a 1000 yard rusher since. Who needs 1 right.
    I agree with this completely. After all, we had one of the worst rushing offenses in the league last year. And this year, if we had Thomas Jones, we'd be a much better rushing team. Amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I agree with this completely. After all, we had one of the worst rushing offenses in the league last year. And this year, if we had Thomas Jones, we'd be a much better rushing team. Amirite?
    Dont know? But 3 straight 1000 seasons deserved another shot. Dontyathink?

Jones fell off towards the end of 2009. Take a look at the last 3 regular season games and the playoffs: http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2009/

In the playoff game against Indy, once Greene went down, any football fan could see the game was over. Jones was no longer running effectively.

My biggest fear for that ensuing offseason was that the Jets would be distracted by Jones's 1400 yards and 14 td's and give the 32 year old an albatross of a contract.

Jones was great, but the Jets moved on at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by beanball View Post
    Jones fell off towards the end of 2009. Take a look at the last 3 regular season games and the playoffs: http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../gamelog/2009/

In the playoff game against Indy, once Greene went down, any football fan could see the game was over. Jones was no longer running effectively.

My biggest fear for that ensuing offseason was that the Jets would be distracted by Jones's 1400 yards and 14 td's and give the 32 year old an albatross of a contract.

Jones was great, but the Jets moved on at the right time.
    Agreed but they gave another ageing RB the same amount of money it would have took to retain him.

Denny Medley/US PresswireThomas Jones, now a member of the Kansas City Chiefs, will face his former Jets teammates on Sunday.

Critical game for Jets and KC Chiefs to stay alive

The New York Jets face the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend in East Rutherford. Star-Ledger Jets beat writers Jenny Vrentas and Conor Orr report from the Jets training facility in Florham Park. (Video by Ed Murray / The Star-Ledger)

Watch video

Thomas Jones was not surprised he was let go by the Jets in March 2010, even after racking up career highs in touchdowns (14) and rushing yards (1,402) during the 2009 season.

He did not report to the voluntary offseason workouts and some of the organized team activities in 2009. At the time, it was speculated this was due to unsuccessful attempts by Jones to renegotiate his deal. He was released just before a sizable roster bonus was to come his way.

MORE COVERAGE OF JETS FOOTBALL

• Former Jets RB Thomas Jones 'didn't want to leave' New York

• Jets stories and columns

• Jets photos

• Jets videos

“I knew what was possibly going to happen before the season started,“ Jones, now a Kansas City Chief, said today. “That’s why I didn’t go to the offseason program, because I wanted to just secure my last year there. But it happened for a reason, ended up out here in Kansas City.”

Even today, as his Chiefs prepare to visit MetLife Stadium Sunday, he is remembered by the Jets as a locker room leader and a voice of the 2009 group that reached the AFC Championship Game.

“I thought the world of Thomas,” coach Rex Ryan said. “We all did, and we all do. ... It’s funny, we took out an ad in one of the papers basically letting Kansas City know what they got in Thomas Jones.”

QB Mark Sanchez said Jones was always the first to approach him after a mistake and remind him, “Hey, man, you’re our guy.” Something Sanchez finds himself doing for rookies now.

Jones was a mentor to Sanchez and then-rookie running back Shonn Greene.

Said CB Darrelle Revis: “I wish he wouldn’t have left. I wish we still had him as a teammate.”

Hall Of Fame
    come on stokes

_
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 12-08-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Piling on after the dump - 15 yards

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    You've become a dumber version of Schroy.

And I didn't think that was possible.

I have to quote JW quoting Vick:

"You are so dumb, you make dumb people look not dumb."

_
    It looks to me like you know you are wrong about this. I guess Rex Revis and Sanchez are dumb too huh?
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 12-07-2011 at 10:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    It looks to me like you know you are wrong about this. I guess Rex Revis and Sanchez are dumb too huh?
    Your posts have become less sensical as you go on.

Honestly, nobody knows what you are talking about.

_
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 12-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Your posts have become dumber and less sensical as you go on.

Honestly, nobody knows what the f*ck you are talking about.

You sound like a moron--no disrespect to true morons.

_
    Read the current news articles. Rex,Revis and Sanchez even said they wish TJ was still here. Stop avoiding the truth. The truth hurts how does it feel? No brain no pain huh?

Dont know? But 3 straight 1000 seasons deserved another shot. Dontyathink?
    No, I don't. Thirty two year old backs don't get contract extensions - especially when they wear down at the end of the prior year and bring nothing to the table in the passing game

Agreed but they gave another ageing RB the same amount of money it would have took to retain him.
    Yes - because Tomlinson was a viable complimentary back, a dangerous receiver out of the backfield and a good change of pace from Greene.

Jones was none of those things.

Hall Of Fame
    Read the current news articles. Rex,Revis and Sanchez even said they wish TJ was still here. Stop avoiding the truth. The truth hurts how does it feel? No brain no pain huh?
    So, you sh*t all over Rex when he guarantees a SB, but now you believe him when he says he wanted and aging out of gas plodding JAG running back back?

Revis, his dear buddy, is objective?

Sanchez who said he still loved Jason Taylor as a teammate and person even after he signed back with the Dolphins?

Have fun in the dump.

_
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 12-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    You've become a dumber version of Schroy.

And I didn't think that was possible.

I have to quote JW quoting Vick:

"You are so dumb, you make dumb people look not dumb."

_
    Your posts have become dumber and less sensical as you go on.

Honestly, nobody knows what the f*ck you are talking about.

You sound like a moron--no disrespect to true morons.

_
    Added!