Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Former NJ Governor: Oops, You Didn't Want That 1.2 Billion, Did You?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4269257]Right.

I imagined that entire episode following the 2010 elections with the states public workers unions.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Apples and oranges. But continue as you wish. :rolleyes:

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4269276]Lol.

Apples and oranges. But continue as you wish. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If state budgets are apples and federal budgets are oranges please explain why the Tea Paerty feels that Governor Christie is such an awesome Presidential Candidate?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4268931]If it was simply that...wouldn't he have a little clue about where it went?

I mean...and a 1.2 BILLION loss is a little more than just a bad bet.[/QUOTE]

You bastid... :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4269283]If state budgets are apples and federal budgets are oranges[/quote]

They are.

[quote]please explain why the Tea Paerty feels that Governor Christie is such an awesome Presidential Candidate?[/QUOTE]

No idea, I'm not a Tea Party member, nor do I get the mancrust a small minority has for Christie.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4269306]You bastid... :P[/QUOTE]

Personally...I'm glad Corzine did this. I wish he lost 10 times that amount. Too bad...he was almost there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4269239]Xactly.

You guys pay attention to the stuff you have zero control over. (Ex-Governor leading an outfit that appears to have broken laws and swindled investors)

Then you look the other way when one of your heroes breaks with party orthodoxy. (Current Governor going behind the taxpayers backs to borrow $Billions to add to NJ's already huge debt in order to stimulate the economy)

[URL="http://www.northjersey.com/news/134196908_Christie_wants.html?page=all"]northjersey.com[/URL]

What’s with that?

I know..I know...I know... Warfish is going to say I think government spending to create jobs in a down economy is good policy. And I do

But seems obvious to me Republicans feel stimulus spending is good only when a Republican is in charge.[/QUOTE]

TBH, I like Christie because he's a sarcastic, blunt wise-ass who says exactly what's on his mind. Much like Cuomo, he's started adopting policies with re-election in mind.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4269283]If state budgets are apples and federal budgets are oranges please explain why the Tea Paerty feels that Governor Christie is such an awesome Presidential Candidate?[/QUOTE]

Probably because they know that Christie understands the difference too.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4269239]Current Governor borrow $Billions to add to NJ's in order to stimulate the economy[/quote]

Buster Verdict: Against, Outrage!

[QUOTE=Buster;4269239]I think government spending to create jobs in a down economy is good policy. And I do[/quote]

Buster Vedict: For, Support!

[quote]But seems obvious to me Republicans feel stimulus spending is good only when a Republican is in charge.[/QUOTE]

And it seems obvious to me that you're having trouble understanding that your own hypocricy is as painfully clear as any Republicans.

Except other than saying "Christie is doing X", you've not actually shown that ANY J.I. Republican is FOR Christies borrow-into-debt-to-build policies.

So really, all you've shown is that you are, in fact, a hypocrite, who based his for/against positions not on policy, but on party.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4269781]
    So really, all you've shown is that you are, in fact, a hypocrite, who based his for/against positions not on policy, but on party.[/QUOTE]

everyone who doesn't agree with you is a hypocrite

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4269283]If state budgets are apples and federal budgets are oranges please explain why the Tea Paerty feels that Governor Christie is such an awesome Presidential Candidate?[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh, they don't. Christie isn't a tea party guy. He was courted for a Presidential run by Republicans that included Henry Kissinger and Bush Sr.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4269792]everyone who doesn't agree with you is a hypocrite[/QUOTE]

No. LiL, for example, almost never agrees with me, but isn't nearly the hypocrite some others here are.

Do you expect that no one will notice that a poster, within the space of two lines say (for example:

I REALLY suport Policy X, it's a great Policy..........Republican X is engaging in Policy X, and it's an OUTRAGE!!!!!!! HE SHOULD BE KILLED!!!

Really?

Or better yet, when a top-tier-wealth guy claims to support a litany of political polices, but doesn't actually (in real terms) support any of them himself? You know the type, always telling everyone how the State shoud spend "our" money on X, TY, Z, and force it on us (in our best interests, of course, we plebes don't know any better in our corrupt "capitalist" system), but when questioned about his own activities, his own choices, he doesn't actually do anything he claims to support?

Not that you'd know anyone like that of course.

It's not a matter of agreement or disagreement. For that, we have elections.

It's a matter of consistency of position, not forming a thought based first on which political party is involved, and actually supporting the ideas you claim to support, yourself.

To expect to post here, and in the space of two lines directly contradict oneself and expect no one to notice....it's laughable.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4269732]TBH, I like Christie because he's a sarcastic, blunt wise-ass who says exactly what's on his mind. Much like Cuomo, he's started adopting policies with re-election in mind.[/QUOTE]

I think that is what gives the Governor most of his non-NJ support.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4269781]Buster Verdict: Against, Outrage!

Buster Vedict: For, Support!

And it seems obvious to me that you're having trouble understanding that your own hypocricy is as painfully clear as any Republicans.

Except other than saying "Christie is doing X", you've not actually shown that ANY J.I. Republican is FOR Christies borrow-into-debt-to-build policies.

So really, all you've shown is that you are, in fact, a hypocrite, who based his for/against positions not on policy, but on party.[/QUOTE]

1. GFY

2.Why do I have to show what any JI Republican poster is for or against?
    I am speaking of Tea Party members in general terms. They appear to love Governor Christy without knowing what policies he has supported or enacted.

It is your game to try to pin a stance on another JI member not mine. You make this board all very personal. You do not refute or promote ideas you refute posters and IMHO it is chicken sh!t.

3. Last thing Just because I support government borrowing to stimulate the economy and Governor Christie supports government borrowing to stimulate the economy (but says he doesn't) does not make me a hypocrite. Must I disagree with the Governor on every issue to be allowed to be critical of him?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4270333]1. GFY[/quote]

[IMG]http://media.myspacepimper.com/content/gif/smiles/smiles_407.gif[/IMG]

[QUOTE]You do not refute or promote ideas you refute posters and IMHO it is chicken sh!t. [/QUOTE]

As opposed to yourself, whose entire contribution to the board most days is obsessively reposting liberal NJ paper articles on Gov. Christie, right?

If certain posters had any intellectual integrity or consistency, this wouldn;t be an issue. Perhaps you need to look internally, and figure out why you would attack a action or policy you support, only because it's being done by an (R) as opposed to a (D).

To expect to engage in debate here, and not get called out for obvious hypocricy, is just naive. When you support and criticise the same exact policy, based only on party, one should expect to be called for it.

For the record, what I think is chicken**** is a guy on the interweb saying the kinds of things we both know he'd never ever say to a man's face in the real. But I guess opinions differ on the meaning of chicken****, eh?

[QUOTE]3. Last thing Just because I support government borrowing to stimulate the economy and Governor Christie supports government borrowing to stimulate the economy does not make me a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]

It does when you are critical of him for doing what in other circumstances you'd support and celebrate a (D) for doing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4269883]Uhhhh, they don't. Christie isn't a tea party guy. He was courted for a Presidential run by Republicans that included Henry Kissinger and Bush Sr.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I overstated my case

From [B]October 2010[/B]:

[QUOTE]Gov. Christie wins Virginia Tea Party presidential straw poll[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/10/gov_christie_wins_virginia_tea.html"]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/10/gov_christie_wins_virginia_tea.html[/URL]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4270338]

For the record, what I think is chicken**** is a guy on the interweb saying the kinds of things we both know he'd never ever say to a man's face in the real. But I guess opinions differ on the meaning of chicken****, eh?

[/QUOTE]

LOL

You are so very butch!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;4270367]LOL

You are so very butch![/QUOTE]

I'm not overweight, I'm just big boned.