Thread: Virginia Tech on lockdown after officer shot

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Virginia Tech on lockdown after officer shot

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45601105/ns/local_news-houston_tx/t/virginia-tech-lockdown-after-officer-shot/[/url]

Virginia Tech is on lockdown after a police officer was shot, the school said Thursday. "A police officer has been shot. A potential second victim is reported at the Cage lot. Stay indoors. Secure in place," the school said on its website. The suspect remains at large, the school said. Two FBI agents have been dispatched to the campus, the Richmond, Virginia, FBI field office said, to assist with the incident. In posts on its website and Twitter feed, the school said shots were reported at the coliseum parking lot. "Suspect described as white male, gray sweat pants, gray hat w/neon green brim, maroon hoodie and backpack. On foot towards McComas," the school said. "There is an active campus alert in Blacksburg," the website says. "Everyone should seek shelter or stay where you are. Blacksburg Transit service is suspended until the alert is lifted." Brian Walls, a school employee, told CNN he heard 10 to 15 different sirens go by, and when he looked outside he saw a large group of officers. "I ended up seeing an individual on the ground," he said, and rescue workers appeared to be attempting resuscitation. "Then the campus alarm alerts went off," and he got back inside, he said. Virginia Tech refers to one of its parking lots as "the cage." The Cassell Coliseum at Virginia Tech houses athletic facilities. McComas Hall houses exercise facilities. In 2007, 33 people were killed when student Seung-Hui Cho went on a shooting rampage at the campus. Classes for the semester ended Wednesday. Students were preparing Thursday for final exams.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The officer is now reported dead.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Now confirmed 2 dead

Tragic tragic news coming out of VT. There are quite a few students from the town I live in attending that school. Many friends of my familys kids. What the hell is happening down there? Lets hope and pray this ends quickly keeping those killed already in mind.

LockeJET PISS POOR SIGNATURE IN LIGHT OF ALL THIS. Werent sigs like this banned?

...jesus...

awful, awful news :(

but GMC, just so you know, that has been Locke's signature for YEARS and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with today's events.

Jets Insider VIP
    Man, that sucks. My heart goes out to the families of the victims.

What a nightmare for the parents of children who go to school there. I know I wouldn't want my child there.

[QUOTE=Dirtstar;4269220]awful, awful news :(

but GMC, just so you know, that has been Locke's signature for YEARS and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with today's events.[/QUOTE]

Understood but didnt they ask for removal of all GIF signatures days ago?

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4269228]Understood but didnt they ask for removal of all GIF signatures days ago?[/QUOTE]

link?

Jets Insider VIP
    No, Sooth just asked people to make them the right size. The request to remove GIFs was by someone else.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4269241]link?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237961[/url]

ps -- sorry for derailing the thread.

hope this gets resolved quickly, and that the perp is swiftly brought to justice.

RIP to the victims :(

[QUOTE=crossfire;4269246][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237961[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks crossfire.

All Pro
    my kids elementary school was on lock down all day still not home. The exit by my house was also shutdown.

All Pro
    The news is now saying the second person found dead could be the shooter cause a gun was found near him.