Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulletin: Rats are Bleeding Heart Liberals!

All Pro

Bulletin: Rats are Bleeding Heart Liberals!

[B]Study: Rats aren't selfish, but show compassion[/B]

[URL="http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AqOlJjGx8yHp_2Qc9A57g.TzWed_;_ylu=X3oDMTFiN2pzZDVyBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIEhlYWQEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhQXJ0aWNsZUhlYWQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTMwdG1mcGdpBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNzU0MDE3ZGYtOWY3Ny0zYjljLWJhOGMtYjk2MzJjNTZkMzQ1BHBzdGNhdANzY2llbmNlBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0Aw--;_ylv=0/SIG=116hdddhs/EXP=1324587146/**http%3A//www.ap.org/"][IMG]http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kjmVjizroQE0M3Nlej7hqQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9Zml0O2g9Mjc-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/logo/ap/ap_logo_106.png[/IMG][/URL]AP – 1 hr 26 mins ago

[B][COLOR=#161616]Related Content[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST][*]This undated handout photo provided by the journal Science shows the presence of …[/LIST]

WASHINGTON (AP) — New experiments show that rats, despite their selfish reputation, don't act like, well, rats.
    Instead, rats can be compassionate. They freed another trapped rat in their cage, even when yummy chocolate served as a tempting distraction. Twenty-three of the 30 rats in the study opened the cage. The rats could have hogged all the chocolate before freeing their partners, but often didn't, choosing to first help, then share.
    Study author Peggy Mason of the University of Chicago said females showed more empathy than males. All six females freed their trapped partner; 17 of the 24 males did so.
    Mason said the study showed that pro-social empathy is not limited to humans and primates as some assumed.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4269299]They freed another trapped rat in their cage, even when yummy chocolate served as a tempting distraction.[/QUOTE]

That is so odd, just the other day I helped a stuck coworker move some stuff out of their cubicle, even though I had just got a nice tasty Big Mac, and it was sitting on my desk, glinting in the afternoon sun as it arced through the office windows, moist, juicy, delicious and tempting....yet, I choose to help my coworker first.

I'm......I'm a liberal?

:confused:

:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4269332]That is so odd, just the other day I helped a stuck coworker move some stuff out of their cubicle, even though I had just got a nice tasty Big Mac, and it was sitting on my desk, glinting in the afternoon sun as it arced through the office windows, moist, juicy, delicious and tempting....yet, I choose to help my coworker first.

I'm......I'm a liberal?

:eek:[/QUOTE]

lolz...

I call BS. You don't eat that crap anymore.

Maybe it was a nice bean sprout salad glinting in the afternoon sunlight?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4269332]That is so odd, just the other day I helped a stuck coworker move some stuff out of their cubicle, even though I had just got a nice tasty Big Mac, and it was sitting on my desk, glinting in the afternoon sun as it arced through the office windows, moist, juicy, delicious and tempting....yet, I choose to help my coworker first.

I'm......I'm a liberal?

:eek:[/QUOTE]

No, that would make you a wimpy rat. ;)

Lol and Lol.

Good show.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4269299][B]Study: Rats aren't selfish, but show compassion[/B]

[URL="http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AqOlJjGx8yHp_2Qc9A57g.TzWed_;_ylu=X3oDMTFiN2pzZDVyBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIEhlYWQEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhQXJ0aWNsZUhlYWQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTMwdG1mcGdpBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDNzU0MDE3ZGYtOWY3Ny0zYjljLWJhOGMtYjk2MzJjNTZkMzQ1BHBzdGNhdANzY2llbmNlBHB0A3N0b3J5cGFnZQR0ZXN0Aw--;_ylv=0/SIG=116hdddhs/EXP=1324587146/**http%3A//www.ap.org/"][IMG]http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kjmVjizroQE0M3Nlej7hqQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9Zml0O2g9Mjc-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/logo/ap/ap_logo_106.png[/IMG][/URL]AP 1 hr 26 mins ago

[B][COLOR=#161616]Related Content[/COLOR][/B]

[LIST][*]This undated handout photo provided by the journal Science shows the presence of [/LIST]

WASHINGTON (AP) New experiments show that rats, despite their selfish reputation, don't act like, well, rats.
    Instead, rats can be compassionate. They freed another trapped rat in their cage, even when yummy chocolate served as a tempting distraction. Twenty-three of the 30 rats in the study opened the cage. The rats could have hogged all the chocolate before freeing their partners, but often didn't, choosing to first help, then share.
    Study author Peggy Mason of the University of Chicago said females showed more empathy than males. All six females freed their trapped partner; 17 of the 24 males did so.
    Mason said the study showed that pro-social empathy is not limited to humans and primates as some assumed.[/QUOTE]

What did the Rats do after the 3rd generation of Rats refused to work and lived off the workings of 10 percent of the working Rats?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4269638]What did the Rats do after the 3rd generation of Rats refused to work and lived off the workings of 10 percent of the working Rats?[/QUOTE]

Umm, increased their minimum wage?

Better yet, what did 29 caged rats do after they watched a one
    -percenter eat the entire pile of delicious chocolate while they drooled and went hungry, just because he could? And he told them he deserved it because he was smarter than them?

Suddenly the cage latches open and 29 rats are free.... boy genius is so stuffed with chocolate he can't move. It's BBQ time at rat ranch.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4269690]Umm, increased their minimum wage?

Better yet, what did 29 caged rats do after they watched a one
    -percenter eat the entire pile of delicious chocolate while they drooled and went hungry, just because he could? And he told them he deserved it because he was smarter than them?

Suddenly the cage latches open and 29 rats are free.... boy genius is so stuffed with chocolate he can't move. It's BBQ time at rat ranch.[/QUOTE]

The 29 Rats pitched tents in NYC. Still didn't try to better themselves and basically subject themselves to a life of under achievement as others worked hard and got ahead. Yeah they complained, made noise but somehow never understood that life is not fair. The top NUMBER ONE rat will always be there, the Gates, JObs and Buffets. Its the 2nd and 3rd rat that have what is TRULY attainable.

ps....I NEVER think or thought I would make 7 figures, so I dont get upset comparing myself to 1 percenters. I did however set a goal to make 250K plus.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 12-09-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4269690]Suddenly the cage latches open and 29 rats are free.... boy genius is so stuffed with chocolate he can't move. It's BBQ time at rat ranch.[/QUOTE]

lolz...BBQ time.

Life's not east being a 1%er:

[IMG]http://writingfoundations.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/nero-1.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, your whole concept goes to **** when one considers that:

[I]-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227).

-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood.

-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush.

-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average.

-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.[/I]

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4269701]lolz...BBQ time.

Life's not east being a 1%er:

[IMG]http://writingfoundations.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/nero-1.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

"Ye gods - the wine at the orgy was horrid last evening! HORRID!"

:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4269722]Well, your whole concept goes to **** when one considers that:

[I]-- Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs. $1,227). [/I]

[I]-- Conservatives also donate more time and give more blood. [/I]

[I]-- Residents of the states that voted for John Kerry in 2004 gave smaller percentages of their incomes to charity than did residents of states that voted for George Bush. [/I]

[I]-- Bush carried 24 of the 25 states where charitable giving was above average. [/I]

[I]-- In the 10 reddest states, in which Bush got more than 60 percent majorities, the average percentage of personal income donated to charity was 3.5. Residents of the bluest states, which gave Bush less than 40 percent, donated just 1.9 percent.[/I]

[I]-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.[/I]

[URL]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

We're talking about liberal rats, not conservative mice. Gotta keep up! ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4269914]We're talking about liberal rats, not conservative mice. Gotta keep up! ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm following fine. You equated compassionate behavior to liberalism. We know that to be inaccurate. Compassionate behavior is most associated with conservatives.

These rats helped their fellow rats out of personal choice. There was no rat government that forced them to.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4269943]I'm following fine. You equated compassionate behavior to liberalism. We know that to be inaccurate. Compassionate behavior is most associated with conservatives.

These rats helped their fellow rats out of personal choice. There was no rat government that forced them to.[/QUOTE]

lol

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4269943]I'm following fine. You equated compassionate behavior to liberalism. We know that to be inaccurate. Compassionate behavior is most associated with conservatives.

These rats helped their fellow rats out of personal choice. There was no rat government that forced them to.[/QUOTE]

Conservatives measure their ability to get the poor OFF assistance...liberals brag about how much they gave assistance and kept them dependent for generations.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought the liberal rat was the one that would not help anyone himself but demanded that the government tax the rich (anyone making more than him) to help "the middle class".

All Pro

I want a list of the "charities." I'm betting that those compassionate conservatives gave boatloads to "charities" that didn't have anything to do with compassion for the downtrodden. But I'll hold off judgment until I see the actual facts, not some bogus statistics.

P.S. when the rats set up a democratic republic, I'm sure they'll encourage their elected officials to make it a policy that some chocolate gets to the poor. Until then, we'll have to rely on the rat mob. :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Trades;4270061]I thought the liberal rat was the one that would not help anyone himself but demanded that the government tax the rich (anyone making more than him) to help "the middle class".[/QUOTE]

Liberal rats are not picky. They do both - help others and make the rich pay more. And how's that chocolate? Sure would like some but you and potato won't let me out of my cage...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4270080]Liberal rats are not picky. They do both - help others and make the rich pay more. And how's that chocolate? Sure would like some but you and potato won't let me out of my cage...[/QUOTE]

Post your address so we can each send you a dollar to help get you out of that cage. That is much better than working more/harder/smarter to get yourself out of the cage.

I can't speak for Tater but I know that I have helped many people find and/or keep jobs. I have hired people to do work at my house. I make good money and I spend more than enough of it. I don't own a company so I don't directly employ anyone but I think the things I have listed above can be considered "helping those rats out of their cages". Sorry I don't have the resources to help more of you at this time. You might just have to help each other or yourselves.

<edit> I also donate time and money.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4270077]I want a list of the "charities." I'm betting that those compassionate conservatives gave boatloads to "charities" that didn't have anything to do with compassion for the downtrodden. But I'll hold off judgment until I see the actual facts, not some bogus statistics.

P.S. when the rats set up a democratic republic, I'm sure they'll encourage their elected officials to make it a policy that some chocolate gets to the poor. Until then, we'll have to rely on the rat mob. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll speak for me... my favorite Charities that I give at least $500 or more to annually. I also do 3 non profit tax returns "pro bono".

1) Loaves and Fishes
    2) Holy Angels of Belmont
    3) Charlotte Rescue Mission
    4) Carolina crown
    5) of course, my church (in excess of $1,800)

I can list at least 5 more where the contributions are $250 or less.

But, I am a conservative scum bag:rolleyes: