Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulletin: Rats are Bleeding Heart Liberals!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4270286]This has been studied. Extensively. Read. The. Book.

[URL]http://www.amazon.com/Who-Really-Cares-Compasionate-Conservatism/dp/0465008216[/URL][/QUOTE]

Okay, so the first thing I see is this about the author:

Arthur C. Brooks (born May 21, 1964, in Spokane, Wash.) is an American social scientist and musician. He is the president of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. Brooks is best known for his work on the junctions between culture, economics, and politics. Two of his popular volumes, Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth about Compassionate Conservatism and Gross National Happiness: Why Happiness Matters for America—and How We Can Get More of It, explore these themes in greater depth. He is a self-described independent.

So this will be a non-biased exploration of the topic of compassionate giving? But I'm not completely warded off yet. I'll take a look.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on now look who loved his latest book "The Battle"

[QUOTE]
    “This is the playbook for the resurgence of the free enterprise movement.”

–Richard B. Cheney, former vice president of the United States[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4270497]Okay, so the first thing I see is this about the author:

Arthur C. Brooks (born May 21, 1964, in Spokane, Wash.) is an American social scientist and musician. He is the president of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. Brooks is best known for his work on the junctions between culture, economics, and politics. Two of his popular volumes, Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth about Compassionate Conservatism and Gross National Happiness: Why Happiness Matters for America—and How We Can Get More of It, explore these themes in greater depth. He is a self-described independent.

So this will be a non-biased exploration of the topic of compassionate giving? But I'm not completely warded off yet. I'll take a look.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4270473]You first (tough guy?;):D)?

Who is yours?[/QUOTE]

i think you know the answer to that

[IMG]http://sprocketink.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Obama-is-totally-cool.-Look-at-the-glasses.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4270754]i think you know the answer to that

[IMG]http://sprocketink.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Obama-is-totally-cool.-Look-at-the-glasses.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

He's your DREAM Candidate?

No, I didn't know that, tbh. I knew you liked him, but "dream"?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4270756]He's your DREAM Candidate?
    [/QUOTE]

he gives the best damn speech I've ever heard. That's important to me cause the President is often a cheerleader position. It's like the head coach giving halftime speeches.

I agree with like 90% of his policies, and he's not a d-bag. that's about as good as I can expect. your turn.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4270760]he gives the best damn speech I've ever heard, believed mainly by the 50 percent who pay no tax. That's important to me cause THIS President is nothing but a spend thrift cheerleader with no policy that doesn't include massive spending.

I agree with like 90% of his policies EVEN though they are ineffective, and he's not a d-bag. that's about as good as I can expect. your turn.[/QUOTE]

FIXED

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4270760]your turn.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think so. IMO thats a non-answer-of-convenience.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4270780]No, I don't think so. IMO thats a non-answer-of-convenience.[/QUOTE]

Here's what will happen, 6 years from now, when the GOP scrape together a decent candidate that can win an election, we can be on the same side again. The hater side that supports anything but the status quo.