Thread: We Are the 90%

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

We Are the 90%

And our message is clear, the top 10% of earners have gotten away scott free for too long. It's time the top 10% paid their fair share.

Thats why my new movement "We Are the 90%" will be petitioning Congress to change the top tax bracket of the United States to effect only the top 10% income earners. 1 out of 10 should pay for the other 9. That's progressive fairness for a progressive world.

And since we're at War, in a half dozen countries, and in the worst economy since the Great Depression, we're going to petition Congress to go back to Great Depression solutions, a top tax rate of 94%. People still made money, lots of it, during WWII, and they'll make money under this new return to our old, responsible, compassionate and fair ways. If F.D.R. would do it, why wouldn't we?

This is the only fair way to create jobs, fix our economy,a nd bring social justice so long denied the 90%, victims of a political and economic system designed to feed money and comfort to the 10% at the expense of the 90%, to bring obscene wealth and materialism to 1 for every 9 of us that must live in the sqalor of the 90% in America today.

I hope you will join my in this crusade. We cannot stop at only the 1%, thats is short signted and simplistic, no the 10% have always been the elite ruling class in America, making more than the 90% combined many times over, it's time they paid their fair share for what we, the 90% have given them. It;s not their money, it's ours, we gave it to them, and without us they'd have nothing, and we want some of it back.

The time is now.

We are the 90%.

And we will be heard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/story/2011-09-20/buffett-tax-millionaires/50480226/1[/url]

According to USA Today the top 10% pay 70% of the income taxes.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4269387][url]http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/story/2011-09-20/buffett-tax-millionaires/50480226/1[/url]

According to USA Today the top 10% pay 70% of the income taxes.[/QUOTE]

Which is not surprising...since they make 70% of the income.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With a little effort one can easily discover that the top 10% of earners make 43.2% of all income (not 70%) but still pay 70.5% of taxes.

[URL]http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html#table1[/URL]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4269432]With a little effort one can easily discover that the top 10% of earners make 43.2% of all income (not 70%) but still pay 70.5% of taxes.

[URL]http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/250.html#table1[/URL][/QUOTE]

It's amazing that those poor poor people have any money left to pay their green fees.

Life must be really rough for the top 10%. I really feel bad for them. 10% of the people having almost 50% of the nations wealth? That's a really tough life there.

What the world needs is more SAR I's. WAAY more. This country is suffering without more BMW buyers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    warfish I have no problem with the spirit of your proposal but the details need to be flushed out

I don't recall anyone in any occupy protests proposing a tax system where the top 1% pays all the taxes and everyone else pays nothing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot stand the idea of someone getting a free lunch. At least those
    getting the free three course meal wear nice clothes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4269403]Which is not surprising...since they generally work harder and in more efficient ways than the other 70 percent and dont say things like "I just want to be happy"[/QUOTE]

FIXED

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4269618]FIXED[/QUOTE]

I know. I was watching Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton the other day. They work SOOOOO f*cking hard.

I really feel bad for the amount of taxes they pay. It's a shame.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4269700]I know. I was watching Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton the other day. They work SOOOOO f*cking hard.

I really feel bad for the amount of taxes they pay. It's a shame.[/QUOTE]

Leave the job creators alone!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4269700]I know. I was watching Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton the other day. They work SOOOOO f*cking hard.

I really feel bad for the amount of taxes they pay. It's a shame.[/QUOTE]

Make a sex tape with a rapper and give it a rest, would ya

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4269342]And our message is clear, the top 10% of earners have gotten away scott free for too long. It's time the top 10% paid their fair share.

Thats why my new movement "We Are the 90%" will be petitioning Congress to change the top tax bracket of the United States to effect only the top 10% income earners. 1 out of 10 should pay for the other 9. That's progressive fairness for a progressive world.

And since we're at War, in a half dozen countries, and in the worst economy since the Great Depression, we're going to petition Congress to go back to Great Depression solutions, a top tax rate of 94%. People still made money, lots of it, during WWII, and they'll make money under this new return to our old, responsible, compassionate and fair ways. If F.D.R. would do it, why wouldn't we?

This is the only fair way to create jobs, fix our economy,a nd bring social justice so long denied the 90%, victims of a political and economic system designed to feed money and comfort to the 10% at the expense of the 90%, to bring obscene wealth and materialism to 1 for every 9 of us that must live in the sqalor of the 90% in America today.

I hope you will join my in this crusade. We cannot stop at only the 1%, thats is short signted and simplistic, no the 10% have always been the elite ruling class in America, making more than the 90% combined many times over, it's time they paid their fair share for what we, the 90% have given them. It;s not their money, it's ours, we gave it to them, and without us they'd have nothing, and we want some of it back.

The time is now.

We are the 90%.

And we will be heard.[/QUOTE]

Ever since a lot of Internetz pr0n has become free, I've been looking for a new cause. Sign me up for your newsletter. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll join next year when my divorce is final and I drop out of the top 10%. Will you be giving out tee-shirts during your membership drive?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4269703]Leave the funders of my salary and pension alone! [/QUOTE]

Fixed