Thread: DVD/Video help needed

DVD/Video help needed

Ok Hampurites I need some help. First some background:

My idiot 17 year old is a lacrosse player. Turns out he is pretty good and is being recruited by some nice programs around the country. My problem is that he is ADD and a huge procrastinator, hence the idiot comment. I need to send video of him to several coaches. I have a butt load of them from his HS and club teams. Problem is I have no clue how to cut the crap up and get it onto one DVD to mass produce and ship. I also have no idea how to get it on YouTube to be able to add the link in an email to the coaches to let them know the entire DVD is in the mail.
    So the help I need is:
    1.How do I get the clips off the one dvd and onto the other.
    A.Software used?
    B.Free of purchase?
    2.How do I get it on You Tube?
    The Dartmouth coach has asked him a second time for the tapes so I need to get this done kind of quickly. They saw him play this summer in Md. Not that his grades will support Dartmouth at this point but ya never know.

Thanks

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TKasper01;4269833]Ok Hampurites I need some help. First some background:

My idiot 17 year old is a lacrosse player. Turns out he is pretty good and is being recruited by some nice programs around the country. My problem is that he is ADD and a huge procrastinator, hence the idiot comment. I need to send video of him to several coaches. I have a butt load of them from his HS and club teams. Problem is I have no clue how to cut the crap up and get it onto one DVD to mass produce and ship. I also have no idea how to get it on YouTube to be able to add the link in an email to the coaches to let them know the entire DVD is in the mail.
    So the help I need is:
    1.How do I get the clips off the one dvd and onto the other.
    A.Software used?
    B.Free of purchase?
    2.How do I get it on You Tube?
    The Dartmouth coach has asked him a second time for the tapes so I need to get this done kind of quickly. They saw him play this summer in Md. Not that his grades will support Dartmouth at this point but ya never know.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
    Lacrosserecruits.com

we used it for my son :cool:

Jets Insider VIP
    generally, I'd put it on youtube or host it somewhere, and just email the link. quicker and cheaper that way.

[QUOTE=jetswin;4269923]Lacrosserecruits.com

we used it for my son :cool:[/QUOTE]

I thought I needed to have the disc made to upload first. I can take clips off multiple DVD's right on the site?
    Where did your boy end up going?

[QUOTE=quantum;4269925]generally, I'd put it on youtube or host it somewhere, and just email the link. quicker and cheaper that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I do intent to do that. What I need to do first is cut up the multiple DVD's I have into a tape of his best plays over the last year. Maybe 2 minutes or so. They also want a whole game tape. That was easy:)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=TKasper01;4269938]I thought I needed to have the disc made to upload first. I can take clips off multiple DVD's right on the site?
    Where did your boy end up going?[/QUOTE]
    hmm, I think we did send them dvd's...my wife figured out how to upload her own clips to the site they made for him. It's a great site, coaches will find your boy there.

I'll pm you a link