Thread: Scott Wright's latest mock draft

Veteran

Scott Wright's latest mock draft

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

As much as I dislike E Smith as a starter, not sure I like the idea of taking Baron with the 20th pick, especially with Te'o and Upshaw still on the board. In my view, upgrading the LB corps is much more of a draft priority than safety, where I feel either FA or later round options may serve us better.

All Pro
    I would select Tramain Thomas (Arkansas) in the second round and call it a day... Barron at #20 is bad value in my opinion...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Barron at #20 is bad value in my opinion...
    Agreed. Go up and get him or McDonald in the early part of the second round if you feel that strongly about him. I just can't see anyone taking him before the very end of the first round.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I don't see any way that we take a safety in Round 1. Neither Barron or McDonald are 1st round material IMO.

I'd personally look to sign a guy like Michael Griffin and go with an OLB or RT in the 1st round.

Vinny Curry
    Courtney Upshaw
    Riley Reiff
    Cordy Glenn

Those are my top guys to keep an eye on.

Glenn is a guy we should be talking a lot more about. Plays with a killer mean streak, is just an absolute mauler in the running game and agile enough in pass protection. I think he could make a smooth transition from OG to RT.

Scott Wright is a fool.

He claims that UGA's Cordy Glenn plays for the Crimson Tide.

/credibility.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Scott Wright is a fool.

He claims that UGA's Cordy Glenn plays for the Crimson Tide.

/credibility.
    Yeah, one typo makes him a fool... instead of self promoting on some forum he has build his own draft site... go figure...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't see any way that we take a safety in Round 1. Neither Barron or McDonald are 1st round material IMO.

I'd personally look to sign a guy like Michael Griffin and go with an OLB or RT in the 1st round.

Vinny Curry
    Courtney Upshaw
    Riley Reiff
    Cordy Glenn

Those are my top guys to keep an eye on.

Glenn is a guy we should be talking a lot more about. Plays with a killer mean streak, is just an absolute mauler in the running game and agile enough in pass protection. I think he could make a smooth transition from OG to RT.
    Glenn has already made that transition, he played tackle for the most part in recent years.

Yeah, one typo makes him a fool... instead of self promoting on some forum he has build his own draft site... go figure...
    Whatever you say, Scott.

I didn't know talking the draft on a few message board's was considered self-promotion.

...and t's not just a typo, it's a huge insult to any fans of the Tide or Bulldogs. It's common sense and it makes his incredibly awesome site look bad.
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 12-12-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Glenn has already made that transition, he played tackle for the most part in recent years.
    This is false. Cordy Glenn was a guard until this year.

Back in 2009, he played left tackle because of injuries and got owned.

23 starts at guard, 17 starts at tackle - for the most part, huh?
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 12-12-2011 at 01:28 PM.

All Pro
    Whatever you say, Scott.

I didn't know talking the draft on a few message board's was considered self-promotion.

...and t's not just a typo, it's a huge insult to any fans of the Tide or Bulldogs. It's common sense and it makes his incredibly awesome site look bad.
    Talking on a message board isn't self promotion. Opening threads talking about taking this forum to new heights is though. But no hard feelings.

All Pro
    This is false. Cordy Glenn was a guard until this year.

Back in 2009, he played left tackle because of injuries and got owned.

23 starts at guard, 17 starts at tackle - for the most part, huh?
    My bad... it's still true though that he already has made somewhat of a transition since unfortunately Trindon Sturdivant could not stay healthy. It's gonna be interesting to see where Glenn ends up and if he is drafted as a guard or as a tackle.

Whatever you say, Scott.

Naw, it's pretty much a typo I'd say.

Still think were not going to look at a safety now with leonhard tearing his patellar tendon

Slot WR's don't taken in the first round...I can't see Wright going until mid, late second or 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Slot WR's don't taken in the first round...I can't see Wright going until mid, late second or 3rd.
    Kendall Wright's not a slot receiver.

Kendall Wright's not a slot receiver.
    Ok, let's talk in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Ok, let's talk in 3 years.
    Okay.

You think he'll be a slot receiver in three years.

I think he'll be the next Steve Smith.

Okay.

You think he'll be a slot receiver in three years.

I think he'll be the next Steve Smith.
    Not a bad comparison if you look at best case scenario. Still don't think he'll be a first rounder based a lot of teams looking at him as a slot. Whatevs. I'll probably still be lurking around here in 3 years so maybe we'll get to play the I told ya so game... *stare down a la Over the Top, Stallone*

Doubt he runs a 4.2 but who knows...
    Last edited by HessStation; 12-12-2011 at 07:55 PM.