Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft for the 3/4 point of the season.

You can check it out here: 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Let me know what you think. Would love to hear your feedback!

I've also added a Draft Order section that I will be updating weekly for the next 4 weeks

didnt kalil announce that he was staying in school for another year?

also, if burfict or upshaw is still on the board when we pick, that's who we would take.

Excellent job. Great graphics too. Not worth debating the picks yet but as of right now I like what you've done.

i thought debating pics was what mock drafts were about.....

I cannot imagine the Jaguars passing up an opportunity to darft a QB in this draft class? Especially to take a CB as you projected. Their current QB can best be described as: terrible at best.

Good looking mock...what this tells me is that it's waaaaaaay too early and all guesses are free to be made...Brown at 10?

Like the Curry pick for Los Yets.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-11-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I cannot imagine the Jaguars passing up an opportunity to darft a QB in this draft class? Especially to take a CB as you projected. Their current QB can best be described as: terrible at best.
    they picked Gabbert in round 1 last year.

Vinny Curry over Vontaze Burfict and Courtney Upshaw would be a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    melvin ingram too. however, if curry was the pick (assuming burfict, upshaw and ingram are off the board) i wouldn't be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    melvin ingram too. however, if curry was the pick (assuming burfict, upshaw and ingram are off the board) i wouldn't be upset.
    If all of that talent is selected before our pick, then maybe...

Curry is still a mid-second prospect, so that would be a bit of a reach depending on where we pick.

I still think the Jets should take a look at an offensive tackle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Disagreed

Curry is arguably the best pure passrusher in this upcoming class. The guy has a great motor and is a fierce competitor and team leader.

I still don't get all of the hype surrounding Burfict. It seems like the majority of people want him just because of his attitude on the field. And those are the same people who will be b*tching up a storm when that sh*t costs us dearly in field position with his penchant for personal foul penalties or when he completely takes himself out of plays due to his over-aggressive nature.

Just because Burfict points at QB's before the snap, runs his mouth on the field, and throws his cleats at people doesn't mean he's the next Ray Lewis.

Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Curry is arguably the best pure passrusher in this upcoming class.
    False.

Well, I'll elaborate on this just to be fair to you.

Curry struggled against real competition. He didn't record a sack against WVU, VT, or Houston.

He racked up more than half of his 11 sacks in two games, and only had recorded a sack in 5 out of 12 games. ...so much for consistency.

He's overrated by this fan base because he's from New Jersey.

If all of that talent is selected before our pick, then maybe...

Curry is still a mid-second prospect, so that would be a bit of a reach depending on where we pick.

I still think the Jets should take a look at an offensive tackle.
    Ware had a similar 2nd round tag until he blew up at the combine....I think Curry offers more size and athleticism than Upshaw. I don't trust Burfict enough to take him over a good pass rushing prospect.

If Curry doesn't blow up his workouts then disregard.

Veteran
    +1. Can't see either of these guys slipping past the Jets unless there's a stud RT or WR on the board

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Ware had a similar 2nd round tag until he blew up at the combine....I think Curry offers more size and athleticism than Upshaw. I don't trust Burfict enough to take him over a good pass rushing prospect.

If Curry doesn't blow up his workouts then disregard.
    Upshaw may be two inches, but ten or fifteen pound heavier.

Marshall's listing Curry at 262, but that's a bunch of bologna. He was supposedly 240 in spring ball. There's no way he gained that much weight that fast. I guess we'll see during Senior Bowl weigh-ins though.

If Curry kills it at the combine, then I agree, he should rise up boards. I just don't think he'll do anything to separate himself too far from the pack.

He's projected to run in the 4.7s, so that won't do much for him. I highly doubt he'll run in the 4.5s like Demarcus Ware did.

I also agree that he's a little more athletic than Courtney Upshaw. Upshaw's not going to come into this league and be a 15 plus sack pass rusher. He's an all-around high motor defender that excels against the run.

Finally, I think Burfict is a better pass rusher than the majority of this year's 34 OLB prospects. It's a shame Manti Te'o is supposedly staying in school because that increases Burfict's chances of going very high in the draft.

Veteran
    It is a bit early, but I'll bite.

Right now, I'd take Vontae. He's not there? Upshaw. A pass rush has Improved our secondary and I want to improve it further.

Round two I go best Rb/wr available.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Round two I go best Rb/wr available.
    Why in the hell do you want a running back? (...especially in a draft that has a relatively weak position group)

Veteran
    Why in the hell do you want a running back? (...especially in a draft that has a relatively weak position group)
    Because I don't like Greene for the long haul.

Take a wr if they're rated higher. We need a playmaker on offense. And some more youth.