Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Because I don't like Greene for the long haul.
    This is a RBBC league now. If he's paired with another solid back, he'll be fine.

What about Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight?

This team can't afford to spend another draft pick on a back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post

+1. Can't see either of these guys slipping past the Jets unless there's a stud RT or WR on the board
    +2, for me too...and then sign Griffin or Landry as the big FA splash.

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    i thought debating pics was what mock drafts were about.....
    It is...I was just being nice b/c he obviously put in a lot of hard work with some really nice detail. I'll look forward to seeing his picks around combine time.

As of right now a lot of people are overrating Upshaw. He's more of a late one, early two kind of guy. Great player, good instincts, but doesn't wow you athletically.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DFlo View Post
    As of right now a lot of people are overrating Upshaw. He's more of a late one, early two kind of guy. Great player, good instincts, but doesn't wow you athletically.

I think that's where most have him...I think....I feel the same way about Ingram, but it's soooo fn early.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    This is a RBBC league now. If he's paired with another solid back, he'll be fine.

What about Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight?

This team can't afford to spend another draft pick on a back.
    Yeah, but we're not a RBBC team. Neither Joe McKnight or Powell are going amount to anything, either.

If I have a RB or WR I really want in the second round, then I take him. McKnight will be a third down back. We need someone to split carries with Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Yeah, but we're not a RBBC team. Neither Joe McKnight or Powell are going amount to anything, either.
    Yes, we are. LT and Greene work together.

If this team drafts another back, we'll have Greene, a rookie, McKnight, and Powell. At least two of those backs will split carries. What do you call two running backs splitting carries? A committee.

Shonn Greene isn't* the type of back that can carry a team by himself on a consistent basis.

Joe McKnight has been very good when given the chance. ...and I love how you've written off a fourth string rookie tailback that has 13 career carries.

If I have a RB or WR I really want in the second round, then I take him. McKnight will be a third down back. We need someone to split carries with Greene.
    Unlike the running back position, this team needs to spend a pick or two on a receiver.

You just said that Joe McKnight won't amount to anything, but he'll be our third down back?
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 12-21-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    I think that's where most have him...I think....I feel the same way about Ingram, but it's soooo fn early.
    Yea, most have him mid-to-late first round right now. I'd be shocked if he makes it past pick 25.

Veteran

If this team drafts another back, we'll have Greene, a rookie, McKnight, and Powell. At least two of those backs will split carries. What do you call two running backs splitting carries? A committee.

Shonn Greene is the type of back that can carry a team by himself on a consistent basis.

Joe McKnight has been very good when given the chance. ...and I love how you've written off a fourth string rookie tailback that has 13 career carries.

Unlike the running back position, this team needs to spend a pick or two on a receiver.

You just said that Joe McKnight won't amount to anything, but he'll be our third down back?
    I said he'll be "a" third down back. Not "our."

Shone Greene cannot carry a team on his back on a consistent basis because he's the model of inconsistency. I think it's wonderful that the you believe so strongly in Greene and don't want to draft a back. I'm enthused that you see such potential in McKnight because I see very little in him, yet much more than Powell. With LT likely leaving, our RB situation may get scary. It may not, I don't know.

I'm opining. I'm a no nothing chump is simply disappointed with what I see from our three young running backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    they picked Gabbert in round 1 last year.
    Yes, I know. But do you really think he's the answer at QB? How could they pass on some of the talent coming out this year and given where they are drafting, along with new salary cap rules for rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Yes, I know. But do you really think he's the answer at QB? How could they pass on some of the talent coming out this year and given where they are drafting, along with new salary cap rules for rookies.
    I think Gabbert sucks, but it is irrelevant. You can't give up on a QB picked in the top 10 after his rookie year.

Pass rusher is probably first priority, though I do like Barron from Alabama to solidify the safety position.

Talking

Although there is a great need, I'm beginning to think that all the OLB's are alittle bit of a reach, my guy is Mercilus. Trading down is looking like a great alternative. If that is not a possability, Cordy Glenn as a RT/OG has great upside for a ground &pound team...

Would you consider doing a second round
    Possibly a Third

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I think Gabbert sucks, but it is irrelevant. You can't give up on a QB picked in the top 10 after his rookie year.
    I understand what you are saying and normally would agree with your position. However, after seeing Gabbert play this year, coupled with the fact that this seems to be a draft with several good QB prospects, imo, I don't think the Jags can afford not to draft another QB; especially with the new salary cap rules for rookies, it allows Jags to alter their approach. As you know, this is a QB league. Jags can't win long term with Gabbert. He's shown me nothing which makes their decision to release Garrard even that more puzzling.

I found it hard to read some of the text because of the backround colors.

Upshaw may be two inches, but ten or fifteen pound heavier.

Marshall's listing Curry at 262, but that's a bunch of bologna. He was supposedly 240 in spring ball. There's no way he gained that much weight that fast. I guess we'll see during Senior Bowl weigh-ins though.
    My guess if he'll be in the 250's. I'm not even slightly worried about this. He's taller than Upshaw too...similar in size and body type to Ware actually, particularly body type.

If Curry kills it at the combine, then I agree, he should rise up boards. I just don't think he'll do anything to separate himself too far from the pack.

He's projected to run in the 4.7s, so that won't do much for him. I highly doubt he'll run in the 4.5s like Demarcus Ware did.
    Well his plays and stats help set him apart a little, as does the fact that he's a senior who maintained his stock well despite having alot of eyes on him. Ware was similar in that regard, and no one saw his 4.52 or whatever it was coming. I think Curry will time better than the 4.7's.

I also agree that he's a little more athletic than Courtney Upshaw. Upshaw's not going to come into this league and be a 15 plus sack pass rusher. He's an all-around high motor defender that excels against the run.
    I see Upshaw's upside as a Karlos Dansby type. Love that kind of player, but I'd take the pass rusher first.

Finally, I think Burfict is a better pass rusher than the majority of this year's 34 OLB prospects. It's a shame Manti Te'o is supposedly staying in school because that increases Burfict's chances of going very high in the draft.
    Burfict isn't a better pass rusher than Curry. He's also enough of a self-saboteur that Te'o not entering shouldn't affect his stock too much.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-20-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Shonn Greene is the type of back that can carry a team by himself on a consistent basis.

Where did you come up with that bolded statment? He has absolutely shown he cannot do that so far in his career. He's had runs of really good games and runs of medicore to bad games. He has shown nothing in his years hear to suggest that he is that carry the load player no matter how much we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Where did you come up with that bolded statment? He has absolutely shown he cannot do that so far in his career. He's had runs of really good games and runs of medicore to bad games. He has shown nothing in his years hear to suggest that he is that carry the load player no matter how much we hope.
    Just a typo by me - a few letters make a huge difference.

I'm not a fan of Shonn Greene as a lead back. I think he's a change-of-pace back trying to few the shoes of a starter.