Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Pfail Strip. Teh Awesome.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    High on my pet-peeve list: The same posters each week who feel the need to start 12 threads during the game just so their 12 incredibly insightful/unique/brilliant posts don't get lost in one of the game threads.

Something like:

Fire Rex Ryan
    3rd and goal... pass??
    Did anyone see the streaker?
    I can't believe we missed that field goal
    2nd half adjustments?
    Give LT the ball
    F*** this team
    Season over. Let's talk the draft.
    Shonn Greene is a beast!
    Comeback!!
    Jets have inside track to the playoffs!

etc.. all by one guy. I won't name names.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4273992]High on my pet-peeve list: The same posters each week who feel the need to start 12 threads during the game just so their 12 incredibly insightful/unique/brilliant posts don't get lost in one of the game threads.

Something like:

Fire Rex Ryan
    3rd and goal... pass??
    2nd half adjustments?
    Give LT the ball
    F*** this team
    Shonn Greene is a beast!
    Comeback!!

etc.. all by one guy. I won't name names.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to add "Guys this win was nice and all but I'm going to be negative because I need attention."

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4273992]High on my pet-peeve list: The same posters each week who feel the need to start 12 threads during the game just so their 12 incredibly insightful/unique/brilliant posts don't get lost in one of the game threads.

Something like:

Fire Rex Ryan
    3rd and goal... pass??
    2nd half adjustments?
    Give LT the ball
    F*** this team
    Shonn Greene is a beast!
    Comeback!!

Please name names. But don't call out the poster.

Thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southside;4273998]You forgot to add "Guys this win was nice and all but I'm going to be negative because I need attention."[/QUOTE]

Well I hate them too, but I just wanted to point out the mid-game attention whores as well.

[QUOTE=shakin318;4274003]Please name names. But don't call out the poster.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I also hate posters asking what time the game is after it already ended. :steamin:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Something like:

Fire Rex Ryan
    3rd and goal... pass??
    2nd half adjustments?
    Give LT the ball
    F*** this team
    Shonn Greene is a beast!
    Comeback!!

This holds true more than ever

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zec6Q.jpg[/IMG]

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4273838]I like that. Can another mod set that as my avatar please? I can't do it from the tapatalk app.[/QUOTE]
    I dunno Chairman; your former nom de plume is in the image filename, fyi

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4274041]This holds true more than ever

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/zec6Q.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

:D

I really don't post during games often, but when I glance on my phone the blood starts to boil.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    You/we should all embrace the youngin's that populate the Strip; give them a chance to learn. They are crying out; trapped in a fog of ignorance and Fantasy Football. Help your fellow Jets fans (you can put some on IGNORE if you feel they are beyond help). :D

(Ironically, the OP here is them most childish of them all). :P;)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4273969]It honestly brings down the entire board.

It sucks, but I guess it drives hits so Sooth lets it go.

It really is The Pfail Strip. :(

_[/QUOTE]

Now that I'm on the "inside," I can tell you without a doubt that that is one of the biggest myths around here. No one is given a free pass because they "drive hits."

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4274063]You/we should all embrace the youngin's that populate the Strip; give them a chance to learn. They are crying out; trapped in a fog of ignorance and Fantasy Football. Help your fellow Jets fans (you can put some on IGNORE if you feel they are beyond help).

(Ironically, the OP here is them most childish of them all). [/QUOTE]

The youngsters are so pre-programmed by new social media that they think JI is a different version of Twitter. Instead of engaging in back/forth debate and dialog, they shout something highly opinionated and then get pissed when they get challenged. They forget this isn't a one-way medium, not a bunch of Tweets.

"The Jets are going 4-0 you bastard non-believers!"

"Well, looking realistically, the Jets will be hard-pressed to go 2-2 down the stretch."

"You're not a Jets fan! Suck it!"

"Well, I'm a season ticket holder since 1980 and I think 2-2 feels about right."

"Oh, so you make more money than I do? So you're better than me then? You're not a Jets fan! Suck it!"

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4274125]Now that I'm on the "inside," I can tell you without a doubt that that is one of the biggest myths around here. No one is given a free pass because they "drive hits."[/QUOTE]

The fact that SAR has never been given a permaban doesn't help that myth...

I think when someone goes to ban SAR, permission must first be asked...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4274137]The fact that SAR has never been given a permaban doesn't help that myth...

I think when someone goes to ban SAR, permission must first be asked...[/QUOTE]

SAR has been banned more than any other active poster methinks.

SAR hasn't been permabanned because he abides by the rules. Sticks to subject matter, doesn't engage in personal attacks. Go read my 32,000 posts, you'll find exactly 1 personal attack (and he deserved it).

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Something like:

Fire Rex Ryan
    3rd and goal... pass??
    2nd half adjustments?
    Give LT the ball
    F*** this team
    Shonn Greene is a beast!
    Comeback!!

The way it was explained to me in several angry PM's....trying to limit this voluminous in-game sputem splatter...means you suck as a Mod.

:dunno:

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4274157]The way it was explained to me in several angry PM's....trying to limit this voluminous in-game sputem splatter...means you suck as a Mod.

-[/QUOTE]

Hehe, well you can't please them all, but I vehemently disagree with said pm'er.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I owned and ran a forum for firefighters a couple of years back, and we had our share of post-happy dbags mucking up the site. I had some really useful (and funny) mod tools at my disposal to deal with them. The best was the one where the poster could see his own threads and posts, but nobody else could (except for me if I wanted to). Basically a forced mass-ignore. Drove those attention whores nuts, they couldn't figure out why nobody responded to their theads/posts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4274172]I owned and ran a forum for firefighters a couple of years back, and we had our share of post-happy dbags mucking up the site. I had some really useful (and funny) mod tools at my disposal to deal with them. The best was the one where the poster could see his own threads and posts, but nobody else could (except for me if I wanted to). Basically a forced mass-ignore. Drove those attention whores nuts, they couldn't figure out why nobody responded to their theads/posts.[/QUOTE]

Haaa.. that's their kryptonite. I bet they attempt to bump their own threads because they "just thought of something else."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4274157]The way it was explained to me in several angry PM's....trying to limit this voluminous in-game sputem splatter...means you suck as a Mod.

-[/QUOTE]

:D

LOLGFY

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4274172]I owned and ran a forum for firefighters a couple of years back, and we had our share of post-happy dbags mucking up the site. I had some really useful (and funny) mod tools at my disposal to deal with them. The best was the one where the poster could see his own threads and posts, but nobody else could (except for me if I wanted to). Basically a forced mass-ignore. Drove those attention whores nuts, they couldn't figure out why nobody responded to their theads/posts.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. :thumbup:

I think that the pfail strip has proven one thing to me and that's that generally speaking, most fans don't know **** about football and usually themone's that know the least are the most vocal.
    Last edited by crossfire; 12-12-2011 at 03:35 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4274140]SAR has been banned more than any other active poster methinks.[/quote]

Vick, Vincenzo, Ray Ray, etc... have you beat...

[quote]SAR hasn't been permabanned because he abides by the rules. Sticks to subject matter, doesn't engage in personal attacks. Go read my 32,000 posts, you'll find exactly 1 personal attack (and he deserved it).

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I can go to the Jay Mohr thread and find more than one ;)

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4274137]The fact that SAR has never been given a permaban doesn't help that myth...

I think when someone goes to ban SAR, permission must first be asked...[/QUOTE]
    I think your post underlines how well he plays the game; he was on USENET in the mid-90's so I think he has a leg up on most. Most mods understand how to "read" a SAR I post; maybe that's why you feel he gets the "SAR Rules" :D