Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Barkley to enter NFL Draft

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Matt Barkley stays, Robert Griffin III would be a major mistake is he decided to stay.

He'd have no competition at all after Andrew Luck goes off the board #1 overall.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Is it the general though that the new rookie salary scale will result in more guys not coming out early? Or will that have any affect at all?
    Matt Barkley just knows that if he stays at Southern Cal, they'll have a great shot at a National Championship. That team is stacked.

He'll also have a great chance to win the Heisman next season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    If Matt Barkley stays, Robert Griffin III would be a major mistake is he decided to stay.
    other than running backs, who get used up quickly, i don't think it's a mistake for anyone to stay in school and pursue their education. RGIII with another 10 starts will only help his draft stock.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's staying. Sorry Dolfans!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    other than running backs, who get used up quickly, i don't think it's a mistake for anyone to stay in school and pursue their education. RGIII with another 10 starts will only help his draft stock.
    Well, lucky for me, I don't care what you think.

Griffin has no competition after Luck's off the board. He's a lock to go in the top ten now that Barkley's staying.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Griffin has no competition after Luck's off the board. He's a lock to go in the top ten now that Barkley's staying.

RG3 will not a win a National Championship with Baylor. He already has a Heisman trophy. What else can he accomplish?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

RG3 will not a win a National Championship with Baylor. He already has a Heisman trophy. What else can he accomplish?
    He cares about his education?

He promised his parents he would get his degree?

There are reasons. From what little I know about RGIII, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went back to school.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you care what Bill Parcells thinks?

His (Parcell's) rules are as follows:

The quarterback must be a senior. . .because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback

He must be a graduate. . .because you want somebody that takes their responsibilities seriously.

He must be a three-year starter. . .because you want to make sure his success wasn't a fluke and to know that he has been "the guy" for a significant period of time.

He must have 23 wins...because big numbers don't mean a whole lot if you don't win

There are alot of teams that go by this set of guidelines, whether you or I agree with it or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you care what Bill Parcells thinks?

There are alot of teams that go by this set of guidelines, whether you or I agree with it or not.
    It would interesting if someone put Parcells guidelines against the QBs drafted the past 10 years to see how it shakes out..Manning (both) met his guidelines...Brady didn't...Sanchez didn't..Did Stafford?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So basically Parcells would put Kellen Moore in Canton then with his credentials!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    So basically Parcells would put Kellen Moore in Canton then with his credentials!!
    it certainly isn't a fool proof system but

the only QB that met Parcells standards from last year's class was Dalton.

In general more starts = more likely to help right away.