Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dishonest Fox News Charts

Dishonest Fox News Charts

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-E4KtI9tvy0A/TudG3wF4dWI/AAAAAAAAfJg/gb3YC9iP8Y0/s1600/1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pJjfgmaMSQs/TudG4yKrekI/AAAAAAAAfJo/qOBpxBfiAu8/s1600/2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4NLB18GxAOo/TudG5wjRjeI/AAAAAAAAfJw/r4G8PXT24u8/s1600/3.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://www.coolcrack.com/2011/12/dishonest-fox-news-charts.html[/url]

FOX lies more than the gov't. They lie on the gov't!!!!! Only a dummy would believe that 8.6% is more than 8.8% unemployment....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4276152][IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-E4KtI9tvy0A/TudG3wF4dWI/AAAAAAAAfJg/gb3YC9iP8Y0/s1600/1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pJjfgmaMSQs/TudG4yKrekI/AAAAAAAAfJo/qOBpxBfiAu8/s1600/2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4NLB18GxAOo/TudG5wjRjeI/AAAAAAAAfJw/r4G8PXT24u8/s1600/3.jpg[/IMG]

[url]http://www.coolcrack.com/2011/12/dishonest-fox-news-charts.html[/url]

FOX lies more than the gov't. They lie on the gov't!!!!! [B]Only a dummy would believe that 8.6% is more than 8.8% unemployment[/B]....[/QUOTE]

you are disrespecting dummies everywhere!

A dummy, like the ones you see at a department store, does not watch fox "news". So at the very least, a dummy does not think fox "news" is actually a news site. Contrast that with a good portion of the bewildered herd that watches the station or goes on their web site believing they are getting......informed. :rolleyes:

Dummies dont vote, the bewildered herd does.....

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4276162]you are disrespecting dummies everywhere!

A dummy, like the ones you see at a department store, does not watch fox "news". So at the very least, a dummy does not think fox "news" is actually a news site. Contrast that with a good portion of the bewildered herd that watches the station or goes on their web site believing they are getting......informed. :rolleyes:

Dummies dont vote, the bewildered herd does.....[/QUOTE]

lol:D

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4276162]

Dummies dont vote, the bewildered herd does.....[/QUOTE]

As witnessed November 4, 2008.....

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;4276174]lol:D[/QUOTE]

Fox will come out in a few days and call it an honest mistake...

and the herd will nod in agreement because they believe them. Or mouth that MSNBC is biased, as if somehow, being biased is okay because other people do it too.

It reminds me of the time when Fox was caught using crowd shots from other events when they panned the crowd during one of Glenn Beck's creepy gatherings.

Or when Sean Hannity had to apologize for doing something similiar when he was called out for it by, of all people, John Stewart.

yeah, honest mistakes..........

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;4276186]As witnessed November 4, 2008.....[/QUOTE]

and 2004

and 2000

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4276187]Fox will come out in a few days and call it an honest mistake...

and the herd will nod in agreement because they believe them. Or mouth that MSNBC is biased, as if somehow, being biased is okay because other people do it too.

It reminds me of the time when Fox was caught using crowd shots from other events when they panned the crowd during one of Glenn Beck's creepy gatherings.

Or when Sean Hannity had to apologize for doing something similiar when he was called out for it by, of all people, John Stewart.

yeah, honest mistakes..........[/QUOTE]

Do you really think that it is such an amazing twist to have the graph with a mistake like that, intentional or otherwise? Sure it looks great on the non-fox graph with the tight range. That .4% looks like a huge change! Using that tight a range to exaggerate the drop and not having the numbers over the data points is just as bad as the error on the Fox one, IMO, because most sheeple will just say WOW look how much it dropped without looking at the actual numbers.

I would like to hear what they were saying when they were showing this graph. I think it would help us understand their intent if we had the whole picture.

Amateurish? Sure! Deceitful? Meh, I doubt it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Trades;4276200]Do you really think that it is such an amazing twist to have the graph with a mistake like that, intentional or otherwise? Sure it looks great on the non-fox graph with the tight range. That .4% looks like a huge change! Using that tight a range to exaggerate the drop and not having the numbers over the data points is just as bad as the error on the Fox one, IMO, because most sheeple will just say WOW look how much it dropped without looking at the actual numbers.

I would like to hear what they were saying when they were showing this graph. I think it would help us understand their intent if we had the whole picture.

Amateurish? Sure! Deceitful? Meh, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thought. It's considered bad form in statistics to plot using a limited y-axis range for precisely the reasons you stated... it exaggerates effects and suggests significant change when it likely does not exist. If there were no numbers on the chart, I would be more suspicious of fraudulent presentation. But the numbers make the graphing error clear within the chart.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4276225]I had the same thought. It's considered bad form in statistics to plot using a limited y-axis range for precisely the reasons you stated... it exaggerates effects and suggests significant change when it likely does not exist. If there were no numbers on the chart, I would be more suspicious of fraudulent presentation. But the numbers make the graphing error clear within the chart.[/QUOTE]

I gotta tell ya...I dont think anyone pays this close attention.

I had to look very hard to see the issue. FOX leans right...no question.

the ONLY station to balance ABC CBS NBC MSNBC CNN etc....

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4276229]I gotta tell ya...I dont think anyone pays this close attention.

I had to look very hard to see the issue. FOX leans right...no question.

the ONLY station to balance ABC CBS NBC MSNBC CNN etc....[/QUOTE]

this is a lol!

1. Fox [I]leans[/I] right like I lean towards rooting for the Jets week to week. :rolleyes:

2. The "nah, nah, nah" argument again; "I can do bad because they are doing it too". It may work in third grade but its ridiculous when we have adults apply that logic. Lets understand; the other media outlets are biased and misinform the public thus compromising the integrity of our free media. So Fox "News" is okay for doing it because they are misinforming the public in a different way.

true balance would be to offer the public unbiased [B]main stream [/B]media outlets. wake me up when that happens.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 12-14-2011 at 09:41 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Trades;4276200]Do you really think that it is such an amazing twist to have the graph with a mistake like that, intentional or otherwise? Sure it looks great on the non-fox graph with the tight range. That .4% looks like a huge change! Using that tight a range to exaggerate the drop and not having the numbers over the data points is just as bad as the error on the Fox one, IMO, because most sheeple will just say WOW look how much it dropped without looking at the actual numbers.

Amateurish? Sure! Deceitful? Meh, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

This.

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4276225]I had the same thought. It's considered bad form in statistics to plot using a limited y-axis range for precisely the reasons you stated... it exaggerates effects and suggests significant change when it likely does not exist. If there were no numbers on the chart, I would be more suspicious of fraudulent presentation. But the numbers make the graphing error clear within the chart.[/QUOTE]

And This.

Bad charts in the OP, all of them.

I'll also say this, a screencap is very easy to photoshop, and I trust the honesty of FOX Haters as little as a I trust the honesty of FOX.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4276313]This.

And This.

Bad charts in the OP, all of them.

I'll also say this, a screencap is very easy to photoshop, and I trust the honesty of FOX Haters as little as a I trust the honesty of FOX.[/QUOTE]

Those two posts literally pwned the OP here. I believe the following is appropriate under the circumstances:

[IMG]http://johngaltfla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/millionaire-pwned.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4276261]this is a lol!

1. Fox [I]leans[/I] right like I lean towards rooting for the Jets week to week. :rolleyes:

2. The "nah, nah, nah" argument again; "I can do bad because they are doing it too". It may work in third grade but its ridiculous when we have adults apply that logic. Lets understand; the other media outlets are biased and misinform the public thus compromising the integrity of our free media. So Fox "News" is okay for doing it because they are misinforming the public in a different way.

[B]true balance would be to offer the public unbiased [B]main stream [/B]media outlets. wake me up when that happens.[/[/B]QUOTE]

OK...no argument. But please dont tell us CBS, NBC, CNN aren't liberal promotion channels.

The chart is in fact improperly drawn.
    BUT, here is the most important thing:

UNEMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME IN THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS HIGHER THAN WHEN GWB LEFT OFFICE AND HIGHER THAN AT ANY TINE GWB WAS IN OFFICE.

And our leader Obama, GUARANTEED it would never be above 8%. Whether it's Rex or Obama missing a guarantee it makes one look stupid.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4276477]The chart is in fact improperly drawn.
    BUT, here is the most important thing:

UNEMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME IN THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION IS HIGHER THAN WHEN GWB LEFT OFFICE AND HIGHER THAN AT ANY TINE GWB WAS IN OFFICE.

And our leader Obama, GUARANTEED it would never be above 8%. Whether it's Rex or Obama missing a guarantee it makes one look stupid.[/QUOTE]

Bush's Fault (tm).

And pay no mind to those who stopped looking for work, the percentage went down, thats what counts.

Obama 2012

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4276497]Bush's Fault (tm).

And pay no mind to those who stopped looking for work, the percentage went down, thats what counts.

Obama 2012[/QUOTE]

The big reason the percentage dropped in November is due to seasonal work. It will go back up in January.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Trades;4276505]The big reason the percentage dropped in November is due to seasonal work. It will go back up in January.[/QUOTE]

Jetdawgg, I've already got this prepared for you to save you some time next month

[IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2755/35078032.png[/IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4276548]Jetdawgg, I've already got this prepared for you to save you some time next month

[IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2755/35078032.png[/IMG][/URL][/IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL that is from MSNBC right? You know if you put a couple books under the left side of the TV/monitor the graph looks even more positive.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4276548]Jetdawgg, I've already got this prepared for you to save you some time next month

[IMG]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2755/35078032.png[/IMG][/URL][/IMG][/QUOTE]

Futrue liberal post response" Unemployment ticked up in January because the economy is getting better so more people are choosing to look for jobs."

[IMG]http://mercatus.org/sites/default/files/presidential-promises-and-unemployment-chart-JPG_0.jpg[/IMG]