Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: We have pick #16

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    830
    Post Thanks / Like

    We have pick #16

    So says Cimini on his twitter feed

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is going to be the most exciting draft in quite some time.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    decastro

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    decastro
    Ehhh

    I know he is the best guard prospect in quite some time, but I think Tackle, LB, and WR are higher priorities. Especially considering that we could land an elite one where we are picking.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    alshon jeffrey, upshaw and ingram in that order depending on who is available.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am pretty sure picks 13-19 are all up to some change pending the results of tonights game.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another board im at says that if Gmen win we get 16, if Boys win we get 15

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Ehhh

    I know he is the best guard prospect in quite some time, but I think Tackle, LB, and WR are higher priorities. Especially considering that we could land an elite one where we are picking.
    decastro isn't an elite prospect?

    we are going to have to fill some holes via FA.

    IMO those holes will be FS (Goldston, Griffen) RT (McKenzie, et al) WR (Colston, et al.

    IMO Rex will double down on ball-control. RG needs a nearing career-ending management plan (Moore).

    And I don't trust a rookie to play RT.

    BTW -- LACK of OL depth was the initial culprit in this team's problems this year. Beginning with not adequately replacing Woody, and transitioning into the injury to Hunter. This also includes Mulligan.
    Last edited by Darth Vader; 01-01-2012 at 08:31 PM.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Courtney Upshaw
    Mark Barron
    Michael Floyd

    In no particular order for preference, one of these guys will be Jets.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    decastro isn't an elite prospect?

    we are going to have to fill some holes via FA.

    IMO those holes will be FS (Goldston, Griffen) RT (McKenzie, et al) WR (Colston, et al.

    IMO Rex will double down on ball-control. RG needs a nearing career-ending management plan (Moore).

    And I don't trust a rookie to play RT.
    He is definitely elite, I just see guard as kind of a luxury pick no matter how good the prospect. I wouldn't hate it, but I would prefer we went a different route.

    Essential my argument comes down to the fact that I think an elite wr, tackle, or backer is more valuable than an elite guard.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    decastro
    Yup. He's pretty much within our reach now and I can see Rex salivating over him.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    for a long time i was thinking defense in the 1st. but above all, this team needs a playmaker and it doesn't matter where. if it's an olb, ok. wr, ok. rb, ok. if they think lamar miller is the guy, go get him. if it's burfect, ok, let's get some attitude. they're not getting a qb there, and probably not a safety either. RT and S are likely to be addressed in FA, as is TE. this team needs an A+ offseason with respect to players and coaching changes. it's up to tanny to protect the qb so he can succeed, or demonstrate that he's not worth keeping.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Another board im at says that if Gmen win we get 16, if Boys win we get 15
    where?

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,969
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    for a long time i was thinking defense in the 1st.
    REX got the last two years drafts to draft defense....

    does Tannenbaum give him more?

    Will it be an important selling point to lure an OC here to dangle that 1st round pick as potentially "theirs?"

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,501
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    where?
    draft order thread on walterfootball.com

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    REX got the last two years drafts to draft defense....

    does Tannenbaum give him more?

    Will it be an important selling point to lure an OC here to dangle that 1st round pick as potentially "theirs?"
    i think even more important will be whether the new OC thinks he can improve sanchez.

    but, if that means surrounding him with talent, then i'd imagine tanny would be willing to listen come draft day.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are there any Haitian linemen available?

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,057
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Tanny & Co has the balls to make the right decisions this year. Spending a first round pick on a RT/G is not the answer. Neither is getting an OLB. Neither is S

    Defense was anything but the reason this season was lost

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    alshon jeffrey, upshaw and ingram in that order depending on who is available.
    I would be happy with either of those guys or even Richardson.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us