Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Floyd

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Dunt'a Hightower probably goes before Burfict, who is looking more like a 2nd round pick. Keuchly probably goes 1st ILB off the board.
    Vontaze Burfict is the best prospect. Everyone knows it. His character concerns could cause him to slide, but someone will take a chance and not regret it. Carlos Dunlap plays a different position, but he's a very good comparison when it comes to talent sliding because of character issues.

Luke Kuechly can't play in the 3-4, so yea, a 4-3 team could select him fairly early, but Burfict is the more versatile player.

Hightower could run an incredibly slow 40 (4.8 or 4.9) and that will hurt his stock a bit. He's a game-speed kind of guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i hope i'm wrong, but i just can't see the jets taking a wr in the first round, say around the 20th pick, if schotty is still the OC. what would really be the point? with rex's influence and the aging LB corps i'd be surprised if a front 7 player isn't chosen, unless someone falls to them like an OG who is much higher on their draft boards.
    +11111 age and the head coach will have great influence..jets desperately need to get younger at lb and safety!!!

if we bring back plaxico..theres no need to draft offense early except elitE T that we would move to RT......Only offensive player worth taking in 1st rd...kerley will man the slot next year..maybe even bringing back edwards...in FA..

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan10 View Post
    if we bring back plaxico..theres no need to draft offense early
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Even if the Jets re-sign Burress, this team will still be ridiculous thin at wideout.

Look at our receiving corps:

Santonio Holmes
    Plaxico Burress
    Jeremy Kerley
    Patrick Turner
    Eron Riley
    Logan Payne

I believe Patrick Turner is a free agent in 2012. Payne and Riley will most likely never contribute to this team unless it's on special teams.

That leaves us with Holmes, Burress, and Kerley. That's three receivers.

This team needs to bring in at least three wideouts through the draft and free agency. Depth and youth are a huge concern for this team. It's time to start building this receiving corps.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Even if the Jets re-sign Burress, this team will still be ridiculous thin at wideout.

Look at our receiving corps:

Santonio Holmes
    Plaxico Burress
    Jeremy Kerley
    Patrick Turner
    Eron Riley
    Logan Payne

I believe Patrick Turner is a free agent in 2012. Payne and Riley will most likely never contribute to this team unless it's on special teams.

That leaves us with Holmes, Burress, and Kerley. That's three receivers.

This team needs to bring in at least three wideouts through the draft and free agency. Depth and youth are a huge concern for this team. It's time to start building this receiving corps.
    im not saying were deep there..but as far as priorities go i think you couldnt be more wrong..our safetys are backups on most playoff caliber teams..our lb's besides harris are one dimensial and scott is done..we addressed d-line last draft time to finish the job..sign a wr in free agency

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not saying were deep there..but as far as priorities go i think you couldnt be more wrong..our safetys are backups on most playoff caliber teams..our lb's besides harris are one dimensial and scott is done..we addressed d-line last draft time to finish the job..sign a wr in free agency
    Since you know so much, give me the name of a safety that is worthy of a first round grade in this year's draft? I'll give you a hint: there isn't one.

Have you watched Calvin Pace and Bart Scott the past two weeks? They looked pretty good.

I agree that we have to get younger in the linebacking corps, but calling everyone but David Harris one dimensional is an overreaction.

This team can't keep signing aging veteran wideouts. That's not how you build continuity and depth. We have to build that position through the draft, especially when this year's draft is loaded at wideout.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, it's not a big three. Blackmon and Jeffery are the elite prospects with top five talent at the position.
    I agree that Blackmon is higher than Floyd. I don't see why Jeffery is higher. Floyd has been more durable and more productive. And as you say these are pre-combine rankings, after they run, Floyd will probably run the fastest.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's time to start building this receiving corps.
    history has shown this front office will do so but not in the first round. the last first round WR they took was Santana Moss and they traded him rather than resign him. They love vets and mid-rounders at the WR position.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Blackmon is higher than Floyd. I don't see why Jeffery is higher. Floyd has been more durable and more productive. And as you say these are pre-combine rankings, after they run, Floyd will probably run the fastest.
    Jeffery's best season: 88 catches for 1,517 yards and 9 TDs...best games against Auburn, Alabama, and Clemson.

Floyd's best season: 79 catches for 1,025 yards and 12 TDs...best games against Western Michigan, Tulsa, and Miami (FL).

Jeffery is bigger, stronger, and better after the catch. His production took a hit in 2011 because of poor quarterback play and a switch to a run-heavy, read option scheme.

I don't know where you're getting that more durable garbage from, because Alshon's only missed one game in three seasons. Floyd missed nine games in four years - a leg injury in 2008 and a broken clavicle in 2009 caused him to miss times. Please, don't make things up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    history has shown this front office will do so but not in the first round. the last first round WR they took was Santana Moss and they traded him rather than resign him. They love vets and mid-rounders at the WR position.
    Oh, c'mon...

This is an entirely different front office.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since you know so much, give me the name of a safety that is worthy of a first round grade in this year's draft? I'll give you a hint: there isn't one.

Have you watched Calvin Pace and Bart Scott the past two weeks? They looked pretty good.

I agree that we have to get younger in the linebacking corps, but calling everyone but David Harris one dimensional is an overreaction.

This team can't keep signing aging veteran wideouts. That's not how you build continuity and depth. We have to build that position through the draft, especially when this year's draft is loaded at wideout.
    never said i knew everything so relax your tampon!!! scouts inc has 1 safety worthy of a 1st round grade mark barron-bama 14th ranked ovverall..there are 3 TACKLES IN TOP 30..better use of a pick if u want to go offense in my opinion..6 lb's top 30...if u really think our lb's are well rounded after harris i dont know what your watching..??? maybin pace thomas..are one dimensional..3-4 pass rushers..pace..scott are getting long in the tooth..the way we play offense i think your wasting a pick on a #3 wr..and as other people posted here this regime does not draft wr in 1st round..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

if it is loaded like you say wouldnt you take a position thats thin but has that 1 guy in the 1st round and the probability that loaded position falls to you later?? since the discussion is taken a wr in the 1st rd ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    for better or worse, i happen to agree. i see the jets taking a front 7 guy in the first, then taking a toon in the 2nd, before i see them taking floyd in the first, then taking either a front 7 guy or a safety or OT in the 2nd. plus, in the jets minds, they already have a #1 wr (even if they don't use him enough/correctly) and my hunch is that they don't see a need to draft another one (unless someone drop unexpectedly).

i also don't see them taking a safety in the top 2 rounds with the expectation he'll start right away. i'd guess they'd get a decent safety option in FA to add experience to a unit that really needs it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, c'mon...

This is an entirely different front office.
    not really. Bradway was the GM and Tannenbaum was the contract guy. both are still here. Clinkscales and most of the scouts were the same. also remember the Keyshawn pick and how that went down. there's alot of history against the Jets using a first rounder on the position.

one thing I've learned over the years, the draft is not about what the fans want to happen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    plus, in the jets minds, they already have a #1 wr (even if they don't use him enough/correctly)
    they certainly pay him like a #1 WR. 50 million dollar contract.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they certainly pay him like a #1 WR. 50 million dollar contract.
    another reason they probably won't draft a wr in round one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    never said i knew everything so relax your tampon!!!
    That is arguably the creepiest thing I've ever heard.

scouts inc has 1 safety worthy of a 1st round grade mark barron-bama 14th ranked ovverall
    Rankings do not matter before the combine.

And scouts is wrong.

..there are 3 TACKLES IN TOP 30..better use of a pick if u want to go offense in my opinion...
    Our franchise player is a quarterback. We need to get him weapons that stay for more than a season.

I think this staff will stick with Wayne Hunter and Vladimir Ducasse at right tackle. Ducasse is progressing slowly. He will be ready to compete for that spot next offseason.

if u really think our lb's are well rounded after harris i dont know what your watching..??? maybin pace thomas..are one dimensional..3-4 pass rushers..pace..scott are getting long in the tooth..the way we play offense i think your wasting a pick on a #3 wr..and as other people posted here this regime does not draft wr in 1st round..
    Maybin has great potential.

Pace has been excellent lately, especially against the run.

Thomas is done as a Jet. He was an incredibly underrated run defender though.

If we draft a receiver high, that player will become a #2. Burress will be the #3 option.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    another reason they probably won't draft a wr in round one.
    There's a rookie cap now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    not really. Bradway was the GM and Tannenbaum was the contract guy. both are still here. Clinkscales and most of the scouts were the same. also remember the Keyshawn pick and how that went down. there's alot of history against the Jets using a first rounder on the position.

one thing I've learned over the years, the draft is not about what the fans want to happen.
    The coaching staff and the general manager are different.

Different coaching styles = different draft philosophy

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Different coaching styles = different draft philosophy
    i agree with that but Rex Ryan doesn't seem like the kind of coach to pound the table and demand a first round WR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Melvin Ingram would be an amazing fit in Rex Ryan's scheme. He can play linebacker, tackle, and end. Ryan would have a so much fun moving him around.

The new draft schedule makes it a little easier to wheel-and-deal.

The top pick in the second round will be incredibly valuable because multiple players with first round talent will be there.

Dwight Jones, Marvin McNutt, and Mohamed Sanu will most likely be our best bets in the second round.
    Your post makes me ask the question, What type of value do you see in the first half of the second round ? Of course this question addresses the depth in this draft , but also in December ( how crazy is this ) addresses the possability of the jets trading down from ONE, or trading up from their Second round pick.