Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 65

Thread: Michael Floyd

  1. #41
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eastchester, NY
    Posts
    1,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post

    If we draft a receiver high, that player will become a #2. Burress will be the #3 option.
    Why do you assume Burress will be back? I could see the team going with a faster, younger FA option.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Why do you assume Burress will be back? I could see the team going with a faster, younger FA option.
    One word: continuity

  3. #43
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    One word: continuity
    you mean the same reason why they kept together what was a very good receiving core from the 2010 season rather than blowing up the entire unit?? oh wait....

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    you mean the same reason why they kept together what was a very good receiving core from the 2010 season rather than blowing up the entire unit?? oh wait....
    yeah, continuity in the WR corps hasn't exactly been a priority for the Jets in 5-6 years.

    it'd be nice, though.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) Floyd is a nice addition but the Jets are a here and now team- he really doesn't offer much of an improvement over the potential of bringing back Burress- at least not enough improvement to get them into the Super Bowl...

    2) Ashlon Jefferey is going to be the big slider- he's not quick, struggles to release and can't separate....everyone loves the highlight reel catches but his details and the little thing at the position suck..

    3) there will be better players at safety and rush linebacker available and Leonhard's injury just about assures them taking a safety early- two years to late but whatever...

    4) there will be plenty of solid receivers in the middle and late rounds (Jermaine Kearse/Washington, AJ Jenkins/Illinois, Marvin Jones/Cal, LaVon Brazill/Ohio, Jordan White/Western Mich, Nate Palmer) to fill out that #4/#5 receiver role....the way Patrick Turner has played on ST they are likely to hold onto him...

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    2) Ashlon Jefferey is going to be the big slider- he's not quick, struggles to release and can't separate....everyone loves the highlight reel catches but his details and the little thing at the position suck.
    1. Way to butcher the kid's name.

    2. You're right, he isn't quick...but he does a lot after the catch. His strength is a big part of his game. He has deceptive speed - I doubt he'll run a blazing 40, but he'll run fast enough to go in the top fifteen.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    1. Way to butcher the kid's name.

    2. You're right, he isn't quick...but he does a lot after the catch. His strength is a big part of his game. He has deceptive speed - I doubt he'll run a blazing 40, but he'll run fast enough to go in the top fifteen.
    0 chance he runs in the 4.5s, maybe not in the 4.6s either

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    you mean the same reason why they kept together what was a very good receiving core from the 2010 season rather than blowing up the entire unit?? oh wait....
    Plaxico and Kerley are pretty awesome.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,813
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'd still be very surprised if the jets took a wr in the first round. they are a run-first team, holmes is paid major bucks and i believe that they think they can find quality wrs in rounds 2-4, whether it's a tall possession wr or a smaller burner. also, any given wr doesn't see the ball more than 4x in any game, so why would they invest a first round pick in a guy who isn't likely to impact the jets game that much? rex is going to be stomping up and down for an upshaw type or another lb thumper to groom to replace scott in a year or two anyway. and what if a guy like decastro falls to them. they scored twice with brick and mangold and a guy like decastro is sitting there, i just can't see them taking floyd or jeffries over someone like that, who's in on every play.

    as for my preference, i'd love them to get an upshaw in the first, and grab either a RT or WR in the 2nd.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Plaxico and Kerley are pretty awesome.
    Plaxico is awesome if you start every series inside the other teams 15 year line, other wise he's from 'meh' to 'crap'

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    0 chance he runs in the 4.5s, maybe not in the 4.6s either
    Do you have proof?

    He ran a 4.5 flat in high school and has been clocked at 4.46 at USC.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Plaxico and Kerley are pretty awesome.
    i would not label Kerley awesome just yet- he's potentially a very nice 3rd wide out that needs to hold onto punts....

  13. #53
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    0 chance he runs in the 4.5s, maybe not in the 4.6s either
    that's the word- he's gotten to heavy and big- granted he'll probably be down around 220/223lbs at the combine in order to run faster but that may not be his natural playing weight- which is an issue...

  14. #54
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whether through FA, the 1st round of the draft or a later round, we need someone that can stretch the field and make plays with the ball in the air. We have sorely missed Braylon in that regard.

  15. #55
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,119
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    Do you have proof?

    He ran a 4.5 flat in high school and has been clocked at 4.46 at USC.
    Watching him on the field is my proof. And if high school and campus times are your proof, you don't have any, since both notoriously lie. According to Virginia Tech, every skill player on there team since the 90's has ran a 4.2.

  16. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Watching him on the field is my proof. And if high school and campus times are your proof, you don't have any, since both notoriously lie. According to Virginia Tech, every skill player on there team since the 90's has ran a 4.2.
    At a high school scouting combine, Jeffery ran a 4.5 flat 40 yard dash. That's a fact. He was about 15 pounds lighter, but it happened. It's on every major high school scouting site.

    According the real life, Alshon Jeffery doesn't play at VT, so who gives a crap what DeAngelo Hall and Mike Vick ran when they payed there?

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    At a high school scouting combine, Jeffery ran a 4.5 flat 40 yard dash. That's a fact. He was about 15 pounds lighter, but it happened.
    so he's 15 pounds heavier, that probably means he's slower.

    we don't need to argue over this, he eventually will run. If he runs a 4.3 he goes top 10, if he runs a 4.8 he doesn't get drafted

    forced to predict I dont think he will run very well.

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    we don't need to argue over this, he eventually will run. If he runs a 4.3 he goes top 10, if he runs a 4.8 he doesn't get drafted.
    Even if he runs in the 4.7s, he'll still go in the first round, just not the top ten.

    And predicting that Alshon Jeffery doesn't get drafted is laughable.

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    38,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh View Post
    And predicting that Alshon Jeffery doesn't get drafted is laughable.
    I guaruntee you Jeffery running in the 4.7 doesn't go in round 1. it's about value and that's a tight end number.

    Tori Gurley is a similar player from the same school and ran like crap and didn't get drafted. Im not predicting it but it is possible.

    also should be noted Gurley is on the Packers Psquad and if they go all the way he gets a ring. Where a guy gets drafted and how successful his career are two very different things.

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I guaruntee you Jeffery running in the 4.7 doesn't go in round 1. it's about value and that's a tight end number.

    Tori Gurley is a similar player from the same school and ran like crap and didn't get drafted. Im not predicting it but it is possible.

    also should be noted Gurley is on the Packers Psquad and if they go all the way he gets a ring. Where a guy gets drafted and how successful his career are two very different things.
    Comparing Tori Gurley and Alshon Jeffery is ridiculous. I guarantee that.

    If he runs in the 4.7s, he'll still be the best possession wideout in 2012's class. He has game speed and that's very obvious to see when watching him play.
    Last edited by Anton Chigurh; 12-16-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us