Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Looking Good in Virginia

JetsInsider.com Legend

Obama Looking Good in Virginia

Since someone was kind enough to post this to me, I figured the least I can do is pass it on.

Obama looking strong in keyt Battleground State, Virginia.

[url]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/12/poll-obama-looking-good-in-virginia/1?csp=34news[/url]

I amintain my opinion that he will not win this State, but I'm the guy who thinks we're losing to the Eagles so, who knows.

people talk about Obama's unfavorables... Gingrich has the same unfavorables... the difference is that Obama also has high (48%) favorable ratings. that's not true of any in the GOP field. People generally like Obama, despite what we read in the political forum.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4276833]People generally like Obama, despite what we read in the political forum.[/QUOTE]

If you say out loud that you don't like him, you're labelled a racist.

So aye, I'd say 99.9% would say they "like" him.

Of course, politics isn't about liking a man. It's about support or opposition to that man's policies and ideology.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4276840]If you say out loud that you don't like him, you're labelled a racist.
    [/QUOTE]

it's possible to not like Obama and also not be a racist.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4276841]it's possible to not like Obama and also not be a racist.[/QUOTE]

Not if there is a liberal around it isn't.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4276833]people talk about Obama's unfavorables... Gingrich has the same unfavorables... the difference is that Obama also has high (48%) favorable ratings. that's not true of any in the GOP field. [B]People generally like Obama,[/B] despite what we read in the political forum.[/QUOTE]

His approval rating says otherwise.

And WF, I hate to say we agree again. The Jets are losing to the Eagles. :(

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4276872]His approval rating says otherwise.[/QUOTE]

an approval rating in the mid-low 40's is not amazing... but also not a sign everyone hates him. An approval rating in the 20's, i.e. 2008 Bush, that's a problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4276884]an approval rating in the mid-low 40's is not amazing... but also not a sign everyone hates him. An approval rating in the 20's, i.e. 2008 Bush, that's a problem.[/QUOTE]

I wonder what the approval rating among balck voters is.......

Hall Of Fame
    its possible to like him as a person, but hate the job he's doing.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4276841]it's possible to not like Obama and also not be a racist.[/QUOTE]
    Anybody that has opposed his policies have been labeled a racist.
    With no objections from Obama is why I lost respect for him
    and his leadership.
    No way he wins Virginia.

Jets win with newly discovered offense!

If Romney or Huntsman aren't the nominee this is going to be a blowout election for Obama.

As bad as Obama is against nobody, he will beat the snot out of Newt.

PPP is a Democratic pollster that does not screen for likely voters. Whenever that screen is added there is a 4-6 point swing in favor of Republicans. Rassmussen is the most accurate polling company out there. They hit the last two presidential elections to within .5% in their polling. They screen for likely voters.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4276986]If Romney or Huntsman are the nominee this is going to be a blowout election for Obama.[/quote]

Fixed your post.:D

And lol at Huntsliberalman, the only candidate who polls worse than Ron "I've got my 5% *****es!" Paul.

[quote]As bad as Obama is against nobody, he will beat the snot out of Newt.[/QUOTE]

Wake up call for you, he'll beat Romney the snake-oil selling flip-flopping big-Government-lov'in liberal moderate by 10 percentage points.

It'll be McCain all over again, but worse. Even most on the (R) side don't actively WANT Romney, as the endless search for the next-great-(R) candidate still ongoing clearly shows.

Romeny fans should ask themselves, just once, why they think so many of our own liberals have said in effect "I could live with Romney, he'd be ok, he's the best on the right". It's the same thing folsk said about McCain, right up till he was up against a (D), then lol, no.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4277001]Fixed your post.:D

And lol at Huntsliberalman, the only candidate who polls worse than Ron "I've got my 5% *****es!" Paul.

Wake up call for you, he'll beat Romney the snake-oil selling flip-flopping big-Government-lov'in liberal moderate by 10 percentage points.

It'll be McCain all over again, but worse. Even most on the (R) side don't actively WANT Romney, as the endless search for the next-great-(R) candidate still ongoing clearly shows.

Romeny fans should ask themselves, just once, why they think so many of our own liberals have said in effect "I could live with Romney, he'd be ok, he's the best on the right". It's the same thing folsk said about McCain, right up till he was up against a (D), then lol, no.[/QUOTE]

McCain lost because McCain pandered to his base with the pick of Palin who Independents couldn't live with and the economy tanked and he ran from debate in order to save it. A stunt that was his death.

The reality Romney or Huntsman will garner Independent voters and carry the base who have no where else to go. Obama will carry Independents and his base against Newt.

The Republican party simply can't live with moderates and Independents simply can't live with hard right Republicans who have a huge amount of baggage.

[url]http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2011/12/14/obamas_very_difficult_five_paths_to_re-election_112387.html[/url]

Obama's polling 42% approve 52% disapprove in VA - Also registered voters in this poll. Even worse with likely voters.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4277007]McCain lost because McCain pandered to his base with the pick of Palin who Independents couldn't live with and the economy tanked and he ran from debate in order to save it. A stunt that was his death.

The reality Romney or Huntsman will garner Independent voters and carry the base who have no where else to go. Obama will carry Independents and his base against Newt.

The Republican party simply can't live with moderates and Independents simply can't live with hard right Republicans who have a huge amount of baggage.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on the Romney side. Huntsman is a nonfactor. Romney appeals to independents much more than Newt does. The base will be fired up regardless of the nominee. Newt has too many skeletons and lacks like-ability. I still think Romney gets the nod. Gingrich is too risky and generally a flawed candidate with too much baggage.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4277007]McCain lost because McCain pandered to his base with the pick of Palin who Independents couldn't live with and the economy tanked and he ran from debate in order to save it. A stunt that was his death.[/quote]

Revising history must be fun.

McCain only got the numebrs he did because he added Palin. Without her, he loses by more, not less. McCainw as the least inspiring (R) candidate I can remember, he did nothing for the base, and nothing for independants, and was viewed by the base as a media-whore who desperately wanted to be loved by moderates and liberals for his "non partisanship" and across the isle give-ups on policy. All that, and he still beat Romney handily last round.

Again, with respect Winston, you've described yourself as a liberal. If I were a liberal, I'd want Romney or Husts-lols too, as both would be (D)-light'ful in the off chance Obama loses, if you're a Democrat. Neither will shrink government or do pretty much anything conservative policy wise. They'll be G.W. Bush all over again, grow govt, grow deficit, grow entilements, and probably raise taxes too.

And thats why every liberal I know says "well, I like Huntsman, and Romney would be ok too I guess..."

[QUOTE]The reality Romney or Huntsman will garner Independent voters and carry the base who have no where else to go.[/QUOTE]

Romeny carry the Independants? Thats roflmao worthy tbh. He can't even win his base, much less independants.

And they do have somewhere else to go....home, where they'll stay in droves in a Romney vs. Obama Election day.

[quote]The Republican party simply can't live with moderates and Independents simply can't live with hard right Republicans who have a huge amount of baggage.[/QUOTE]

Romney won't win either. The base wants anyone but him, and Independants would be hard pressed to find a single actual policy they'd support liberal moderate Romney over liberal Obama on.

As for Hunst-lols, he's not even in the picture, and doesn't even get Ron Paul numbers. Why even mention such a non-starter never-was?
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4277040]Revising history must be fun.

McCain only got the numebrs he did because he added Palin. Without her, he loses by more, not less. McCainw as the least inspiring (R) candidate I can remember, he did nothing for the base, and nothing for independants, and was viewed by the base as a media-whore who desperately wanted to be loved by moderates and liberals for his "non partisanship" and across the isle give-ups on policy. All that, and he still beat Romney handily last round.

Again, with respect Winston, you've described yourself as a liberal. If I were a liberal, I'd want Romney or Husts-lols too, as both would be (D)-light'ful in the off chance Obama loses, if you're a Democrat. Neither will shrink government or do pretty much anything conservative policy wise. They'll be G.W. Bush all over again, grow govt, grow deficit, grow entilements, and probably raise taxes too.

And thats why every liberal I know says "well, I like Huntsman, and Romney would be ok too I guess..."

Romeny carry the Independants? Thats roflmao worthy tbh. He can't even win his base, much less independants.

And they do have somewhere else to go....home, where they'll stay in droves in a Romney vs. Obama Election day.

Romney won't win either. The base wants anyone but him, and Independants would be hard pressed to find a single actual policy they'd support liberal moderate Romney over liberal Obama on.

As for Hunst-lols, he's not even in the picture, and doesn't even get Ron Paul numbers. Why even mention such a non-starter never-was?[/QUOTE]

You are reading it wrong but that just MHO. Romney is no McCain. He was the conservative alternative to McCain in 2008. McCain was weak on economics. He admitted as much in interviews. His passion was for Foreign policy and still is. When the housing bubble burst his campaign imploded. No Republican could have won in that environment.

I have no doubt that the GOP base will be fired up for whatever candidate gets the nomination. When you look at the polls the "generic Republican is crushing Obama by 5 pts or more consistently. The biggest gaffe priimary voters can make is nominating a candidate that can be vilified. The MSM is in the tank for Obama and they will be on the attack alongside Obama's henchmen and their billion dollar campaign budget. Gingrich has skeletons, he has a wife that women hate, he has flip flopped much more than Romney. Heck he's had more flip flops than Obama and that's really saying something.

It would be almost suicidal for the GOP to make Gingrich the nominee and for that reason alone I don't think it will happen.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4277040]Revising history must be fun.

As for Hunst-lols, he's not even in the picture, and doesn't even get Ron Paul numbers. Why even mention such a non-starter never-was?[/QUOTE]

I guess we have completely different views on this. As far as Huntsman, he is clearly moving in the polls and will likely surprise in NH and might get into the high teens and pass Paul. He is also much more conservative then either Newt or Romney although the fact that he is actually intelligent makes him appear liberal.:D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4276840]If you say out loud that you don't like him, you're labelled a racist.[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing this but is there something to back up this claim? In my experience when someone says they don't like him, no one call them a racist.

I know plenty of folks who say they don't like him (which is certainly understand able given the state of the union.) I've never heard anyone call them a racist.

Have people you know called you a racist? :confused: