Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Has Been Bugging Me

All League

This Has Been Bugging Me

And I'm not complaining, but what has caused Schottenheimer to finally
    include the screen game in our offense??? Many on the board myself
    included have been calling for this for years. We have a mobile O-Line, its
    a safe pass, it allows Sanchez to get in rhythm and when executed correctly
    it can be a explosive play. What finally caused him to call for it???

Hall Of Fame
    Tom Moore.

The real question IS, why didn't Schoddy implement these screen on his own?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Practice, before you play the two teams that traditional come at you and have 2 of the top 5 sack leaders.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=freestater;4277481]Tom Moore.[/QUOTE]
    End thread.

the answer to any question regarding the offense the past 2 games is Tom Moore.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;4277483]The real question IS, why didn't Schoddy implement these screen on his own?[/QUOTE]

Because they're too meat & potatoes and he's into French pastry.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4277486]Practice, before you play the two teams that traditional come at you and have 2 of the top 5 sack leaders.[/QUOTE]

and what if Mangold's ankle injury earlier in the season prevented him from executing it too?

U need a running back that can catch. With leon, Thomas and Ladanian we have done it - maybe not as frquently - but we still did. Shonn Greene was notorious for his bad hands and I doont think the CS would tolerate dropped screen passes.he has gotten a lot better.

I seem to remember us running screens with Leon Washington. They disappeared after he left.

[QUOTE=bentonjetsfan;4277492]Because they're too meat & potatoes and he's into French pastry.[/QUOTE]
    The bloody bastid doesn't like things that work, are simple and fundamentally sound. He prefers complicated shifts and feints that give the fans heartburn. Wish he'd get lost in some opium den so we don't have to hear from him again.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4277494]and what if Mangold's ankle injury earlier in the season prevented him from executing it too?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. We will see Sunday.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Of course LT missed those 2 games, but i thought the team was trying to use screens most of the previous games? The amount of success has been varied, and recently the screens have been working effectively.:yes:

Just when LT looks old and slow running the ball, hell break a 35 yard screen and makes everything better.:yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=RaoulDuke;4277491]End thread.

the answer to any question regarding the offense the past 2 games is Tom Moore.[/QUOTE]

+1. Why do people keep asking these question? Schotty is incompetent people. INCOMPETENT! It's not just the screens; It's the TD's on the opening drive, it's the rollouts, its the play action, it's less shotgun, etc. This is the influence of a competent OC with a feel of what plays will work in certain situations and utilizing his players' strenghs as opposed to highlighting their weaknesses. Does anyone in their right mind think Mark is better out of the shotgun than he is under center? Does anyone think he is better inside the pocket than outside? Does anyone think Hunter should be constantly asked to pass block one on one in a passing situation? Schotty does.
    And NO! I will not give credit to Schotty for the recent improvement. He has had years to show me something. All I will give him credit for is this. There are two games per year where he puts together a quality, job-saving gameplan. That is it. The other 14 he is nauseatingly dreadful.

All Pro
    The Answer to your question:

[IMG]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/664/094/image_display_image.jpg?1323557953[/IMG]

All League
    TOM

MOORE.:steamin:

[QUOTE=freestater;4277481]Tom Moore.[/QUOTE]

/endthread

not to mention, the past 2 games the jets have scored the 2 most games of the entire season. not coincidence.

All League
    I think Tom Moore has helped figure out better times and ways to use the screen pass.

But I also think that Sanchez has improved his accuracy with the screen passes, and Greene has become a much better pass catcher.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;4277533]I think Tom Moore has helped figure out better times and ways to use the screen pass.

But I also think that Sanchez has improved his accuracy with the screen passes, and Greene has become a much better pass catcher.[/QUOTE]

I also think they were playing two 4-3 teams that can rush the QB..

And let's not forget that Rex said a couple-three weeks ago the Jets were going to revise their blocking schemes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Did someone say Gary Moore?