Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I am glad the Jets wont make the playoffs so they can wake the F up" Thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

The "I am glad the Jets wont make the playoffs so they can wake the F up" Thread

Ok, first of all, I don't want Rex gone, or Schotty gone, or Tannenbaum gone.
    I also don't think Mark Sanchez is the culprit of this sh!t of a season.

I do however think that the leadership of this team have made poor decisions in regards to talent turnover and talent appraisal.
    They brought in Plaxico Burres to be [U]the 2nd receiver[/U], knowing that he was out of practice, and most certainly not in NFL shape, with that the time to prepare was short. In addition, they let go Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, and Brad Smith. In my view, it was Edwards who had the most chemistry with Sanchez, to the point that it was that rapport that opened things up for Holmes. Cotchery was another familiar target for Sanchez especially for 3rd down situations. Smith was probably the most athletic and versatile player the Jets had: Returner, Wide Receiver. Quarterback.
    The Jets also relied on their backup players to renew their offensive line. Wayne Hunter has been...I dont want to say awful, but...yeah....awful, and although I know some people may disagree, I think Slauson is not starting material.

So, I am glad that the Jets wont make the playoffs this year. I do hope however that Woody, Tanny, Rex, and even Schotty stay put, TO LEARN that you "can't beat the market everytime". You can't shuffle players expecting it's gonna be like in XBOX. There are consequences when you eff with the balance of things TOO EFFIN much. You are expected to bring in new talent through the draft, and plug in free agents when unable to find value in the draft. Please stop thinking that you are smarter than the rest of the world, and that your wonder formula will work regardless of the "ingredients"

My humble opinion......I expect bashing, and that's cool. I get it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. Fire Shotty and the Jets will turn into the next 49ers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    okay I'll say it...

c'mon man.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we make the playoffs, the game will be over by the end of the first quarter anyway.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sad part is, if the Bengals and Titans lose one of their next two games, and we win ONE game, we're in.

Bengals:

ARZ
    BAL

Titans:

JAX
    @HOU

Oakland:

@KC
    SD

Looks like we're going to back into the playoffs, again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4282215]The sad part is, if the Bengals and Titans lose one of their next two games, and we win ONE game, we're in.

Bengals:

ARZ
    BAL

Titans:

JAX
    @HOU

Oakland:

@KC
    SD

Looks like we're going to back into the playoffs, again.[/QUOTE]

Fine by me! Same ol Jets backing into the playoffs. womp womp

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with your post 100%. They have all this money invested in Sanchez and what made them think that this OL was a playoff bound OL? I believe the Jets were $5 million under the cap this season and still we have no pass rush and a below average OL. Someone has to take accountability for the misjudgement in talent

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think we make the playoffs and see what happens.
    we have plenty of time offseason to right our wrongs.
    i didnt see the cardinals getting to the superbowl in 2009, anything can happen in the playoffs.
    we sucked tonight but we can bounce back
    blind optimism maybe but while we are still around this season im backing us

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you really want to keep Brad Smith for as much as much as Buffalo paid for him? You know this league has a salary cap right?

Plaxico is a better 2nd receiver than half the other teams in this league have. Take his red zone production into account and there's no way you can blame him.

Yes, this FO has made questionable decisions (Wayne Hunter), but you can't just take a simplistic grass is always greener approach. This offense is performing BETTER, or at least just the same, as last year's offense. The wishful thinking for Braylon and Jerricho is way out of line.

The offense is all on Schittenheimer. People asking for new offensive talent are just reshuffling the deck chairs. We need a good RT, and a better RB. But most importantly, the often nepotistic position of OC needs a HUGE upgrade. WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been like since 2006 with this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow does our fan base SUCK. We are 8-6 and can be 10-6; no worse than 8-8. Yes, today was disappointing. But, imo, my team is headed in the right direction. Only 1 of 32 wins. If we happen not to make the playoffs, so be it. If we get in, we can play with any team. Let's see what happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4282266]Did you really want to keep Brad Smith for as much as much as Buffalo paid for him? You know this league has a salary cap right?

Plaxico is a better 2nd receiver than half the other teams in this league have. Take his red zone production into account and there's no way you can blame him.

Yes, this FO has made questionable decisions (Wayne Hunter), but you can't just take a simplistic grass is always greener approach. This offense is performing BETTER, or at least just the same, as last year's offense. The wishful thinking for Braylon and Jerricho is way out of line.

The offense is all on Schittenheimer. People asking for new offensive talent are just reshuffling the deck chairs. We need a good RT, and a better RB. But most importantly, the often nepotistic position of OC needs a HUGE upgrade. WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been like since 2006 with this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4282272]Wow does our fan base SUCK. We are 8-6 and can be 10-6; no worse than 8-8. Yes, today was disappointing. But, imo, my team is headed in the right direction. Only 1 of 32 wins. If we happen not to make the playoffs, so be it. If we get in, we can play with any team. Let's see what happens.[/QUOTE]

If you're not improving in this league, you're declining. How many fanbases are satisfied with a "good" outcome, and by the time they realize their future is actually quite bleak, it's far too late. You can't interpret trends in this league, because your team is always a sliver away from 4-12. Ask the 2010 Vikings, the 2009 Bengals, the 2008 Titans, etc etc etc.

#SchittyToDolphinsPLZ #Nepotism

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4282272]Wow does our fan base SUCK. We are 8-6 and can be 10-6; no worse than 8-8. Yes, today was disappointing. But, imo, my team is headed in the right direction. Only 1 of 32 wins. If we happen not to make the playoffs, so be it. If we get in, we can play with any team. Let's see what happens.[/QUOTE]

I think what most people (including myself) gets upset about is the way we lose, it's the same mistakes game after game, the undisipline and unpreparedness this team shows week after week against above average teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex, Bean Counter Tannenbaum et al. will hopefully learn a lesson from the debacle of this season. Their arrogance has to be controlled and they have to realize that talk is MEANINGLESS.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few weeks ago, I said I hoped the Jets would lose the rest of the year so they'd wake up and flush Schottenheimer down the toilet where he belongs.

I got banned for it.

Watch yourself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most frustrating thing is that most of us can understand that we are far and away not a championship contender and haven't been for the last three years. What makes it worse is that luck fell into our hands so much that it masked this to such a high degree. Most of us recognize that both systems for the offense and defense are not working out as one never produces and the other always gets exploited when it matters the most. There has to be some change in order for this team to move forward. Unfortunately the ability to beat weak teams and fall in the middle of the pack, along with the false guise of "greatness" by advancing to late in the playoffs, stifles this change to occurring.

Unfortunately, we are going to have to go down the road of having consecutive failures for the necessary upheaval to happen. And that takes time. Years - but we are all used to that. Bad thing is we will beat so many non-winning teams this year we will probably go to the playoffs and the fact we will have gone three times in a row will be another thing that masks the huge problems with this coaching staff. There is a reason that both Baltimore and Atlanta passed on Ryan, but a lot choose to ignore this and pretend it was a bad move, when both franchises have been heading upwards.
    Last edited by GoBigGreen; 12-18-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GoBigGreen;4282383]The most frustrating thing is that most of us can understand that we are far and away not a championship contender and haven't been for the last three years. What makes it worse is that luck fell into our hands so much that it masked this to such a high degree. Most of us recognize that both systems for the offense and defense are not working out as one never produces and the other always gets exploited when it matters the most. There has to be some change in order for this team to move forward. Unfortunately the ability to beat weak teams and fall in the middle of the pack, along with the false guise of "greatness" by advancing to late in the playoffs, stifles this change to occurring.

Unfortunately, we are going to have to go down the road of having consecutive failures for the necessary upheaval to happen. And that takes time. Years - but we are all used to that. Bad thing is we will beat so many non-winning teams this year we will probably go to the playoffs and the fact we will have gone three times in a row will be another thing that masks the huge problems with this coaching staff. There is a reason that both Baltimore and Atlanta passed on Ryan, but a lot choose to ignore this and pretend it was a bad move, when both franchises have been heading upwards.[/QUOTE]
    I actually believe that Ryan is the guy that WILL take us to a SB....and win. I really do believe that.
    Yet, I do wish that he and Tanny realize that they can't believe that they can run the same methodology over and over and expect to win.

However, I do not agree with you when you say that we havent been a SB caliber team the last 3 years. I really think that we def were one last year. We def were a tougher matchup for the Packers...back then.

My big problem is that if the Jets make the plaoyffs this year, they WILL continue to think and say "hey, we got the right formula, let's shuffle some players, promote some backups, sign up a bunch of free agents, and everything will be fine"

I guess my beef is with Tanny...yet I dont want a new GM...i just wish the light bulb turns on.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;4282948]

My big problem is that if the Jets make the plaoyffs this year, they WILL continue to think and say "hey, we got the right formula, let's shuffle some players, promote some backups, sign up a bunch of free agents, and everything will be fine"

[/QUOTE]

What do you want them to do? Blow up the team like we are the Vancouver Grizzlies or something?

I think we DO have the right formula. Add a speed threat at RB, get a real right tackle, and an athletic safety. And a pass rushing LB.

And get rid of Schitty.

That's a SB calibre team. We're not that far off.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4282953]What do you want them to do? Blow up the team like we are the Vancouver Grizzlies or something?

I think we DO have the right formula. Add a speed threat at RB, get a real right tackle, and an athletic safety. And a pass rushing LB.

And get rid of Schitty.

That's a SB calibre team. We're not that far off.[/QUOTE]
    What will be the motivation to address those things the right way that are so obvious to us? They were already a need last year.

We already knew the issue with the RT ...AND.. LG.
    We already knew that Leonhard was/is injury prone.
    We already knew there was a hole in the pass rush.

My point is that if they dont make the playoffs....there is NO way that they can avoid not looking at these issues.