Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I am glad the Jets wont make the playoffs so they can wake the F up" Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;4281990]Ok, first of all, I don't want Rex gone, or Schotty gone, or Tannenbaum gone.
    I also don't think Mark Sanchez is the culprit of this sh!t of a season.

I do however think that the leadership of this team have made poor decisions in regards to talent turnover and talent appraisal.
    They brought in Plaxico Burres to be [U]the 2nd receiver[/U], knowing that he was out of practice, and most certainly not in NFL shape, with that the time to prepare was short. In addition, they let go Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, and Brad Smith. In my view, it was Edwards who had the most chemistry with Sanchez, to the point that it was that rapport that opened things up for Holmes. Cotchery was another familiar target for Sanchez especially for 3rd down situations. Smith was probably the most athletic and versatile player the Jets had: Returner, Wide Receiver. Quarterback.
    The Jets also relied on their backup players to renew their offensive line. Wayne Hunter has been...I dont want to say awful, but...yeah....awful, and although I know some people may disagree, I think Slauson is not starting material.

So, I am glad that the Jets wont make the playoffs this year. I do hope however that Woody, Tanny, Rex, and even Schotty stay put, TO LEARN that you "can't beat the market everytime". You can't shuffle players expecting it's gonna be like in XBOX. There are consequences when you eff with the balance of things TOO EFFIN much. You are expected to bring in new talent through the draft, and plug in free agents when unable to find value in the draft. Please stop thinking that you are smarter than the rest of the world, and that your wonder formula will work regardless of the "ingredients"

My humble opinion......I expect bashing, and that's cool. I get it.[/QUOTE]

The Patriots are going to continue to run roughshod over this division for the next 5-7 years at the very least, and that's assuming that they cant find a way to replace Brady and/ or Belichick when their time comes. No matter how good the Jets may be able to be, they will NEVER win this division as long Belichick and Brady are going strong, which there is no indication they wont be for at LEAST another 5 years. So- having said that, the only way the Jets are going to be able to make the playoffs for the next half decade-plus is to be getting in as a wild card team. the Jets are on the cusp of making it this year as a wild card team. Why willingly throw out this year's shot at a playoff run, when next year, at best they'll be fighting for a wild card birth again? (That is, if they dont have a losing season, which could very well happen of course). We're in a situation where, basically as long as we win the final two games, we get in, unless some fluky stuff happens and Cinci beats us on a tie breaker. We might not get a chance at the playoffs every year, so why throw an opportunity away, assuming the Jets are good enough to win the final two games?

They could field 12-4 teams in the immediate future, and still the best they'll be hoping for are wild card births, so it's not like if the Jets revitalize this team next year that they're going to win the division, because they can't, New England is too good (at least in the regular season). We're always fighting for a wild card birth, and as we've found out, you have to be in it to win it. Maybe this team gets in and catches lightning in a bottle, maybe not. But to be waiting until 2023 when things finally fall into line and Brady and Belichick arent in the division anymore, and we find our franchise QB and head coach and go 14-2 in the regular season and get home field, that's great and all, but probably a good amount of us wont even be alive to see that. Im not throwing away a possible wild card spot just yet. Win two and get in! Lose one or two and go home. Pretty simple.
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 12-19-2011 at 12:08 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is moronic.

Changes will be made with or without making the playoffs. You are cutting your nose to spite your face.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stupidity at it's finest

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4282963]The Patriots are going to continue to run roughshod over this division for the next 5-7 years at the very least............BLAH BLAH BLAH[/QUOTE]
    It bothers me you call yourself a Jets fan the way you are so hot for the Patriots. You probably like the Giants too, right? and you find the Miami unis "kinda cute" too, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;4282970]It bothers me you call yourself a Jets fan the way you are so hot for the Patriots. You probably like the Giants too, right? and you find the Miami unis "kinda cute" too, right?[/QUOTE]

not at all. can't stand the Chowds, don't like the Giants, not concerned one iota with the Dolphins- they're garbage.

Hate and objectivity are two completely different things though. I despise the Patriots, I root like hell for them to lose, I enjoy them losingg. The problem is, what I root and hope for doesn't have any baring on what actually happens. You ever notice how, year in and year out, the chowds win the division going away, save for two fluke years where they were beaten by even flukier tie break scenarios (in, what for them would be considered off years, and for the Jets and Dolphins would be considered divisional championship years). It doesn't take a genius to figure out that as long as and Brady/Belichick are at the helm in New England, they arent going anywhere for a long time. If you can't see that, I'm sorry for your blindness, but that has nothing to do with me "liking" the Patriots,Dolphins, or Giants.

Next

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;4281990]Ok, first of all, I don't want Rex gone, or Schotty gone, or Tannenbaum gone.

I do however think that the leadership of this team have made poor decisions in regards to talent turnover and talent appraisal.
    They brought in Plaxico Burres to be [U]the 2nd receiver[/U], knowing that he was out of practice, and most certainly not in NFL shape, with that the time to prepare was short. In addition, they let go Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, and Brad Smith. In my view, it was Edwards who had the most chemistry with Sanchez, to the point that it was that rapport that opened things up for Holmes. Cotchery was another familiar target for Sanchez especially for 3rd down situations. Smith was probably the most athletic and versatile player the Jets had: Returner, Wide Receiver. Quarterback.
    The Jets also relied on their backup players to renew their offensive line. Wayne Hunter has been...I dont want to say awful, but...yeah....awful, and although I know some people may disagree, I think Slauson is not starting material.

So, I am glad that the Jets wont make the playoffs this year. I do hope however that Woody, Tanny, Rex, and even Schotty stay put, TO LEARN that you "can't beat the market everytime". You can't shuffle players expecting it's gonna be like in XBOX. There are consequences when you eff with the balance of things TOO EFFIN much. You are expected to bring in new talent through the draft, and plug in free agents when unable to find value in the draft. Please stop thinking that you are smarter than the rest of the world, and that your wonder formula will work regardless of the "ingredients"

How could anyone bash your post?, It's the spot on truth.

Great Post!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The title of this thread is beyond sickening. Go become a Giants or Packers or Broncos fan if you really don't want us to make the playoffs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4282964]This thread is moronic.

Changes will be made with or without making the playoffs. You are cutting your nose to spite your face.[/QUOTE]

+1
    Don't make the playoffs so the team will be better next year?! Does that mean the coaches don't know the weaknesses of the team, but something will hit them over the head if we don't get in the playoffs?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

They brought in Plaxico Burres to be [U]the 2nd receiver[/U], knowing that he was out of practice, and most certainly not in NFL shape, with that the time to prepare was short. In addition, they let go Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery, and Brad Smith.[B] In my view, it was Edwards who had the most chemistry with Sanchez, [/B]to the point that it was that rapport that opened things up for Holmes. Cotchery was another familiar target for Sanchez especially for 3rd down situations. Smith was probably the most athletic and versatile player the Jets had: Returner, Wide Receiver. Quarterback.

So, I am glad that the Jets wont make the playoffs this year. I do hope however that Woody, Tanny, Rex, and even [B]Schotty stay put,[/B] TO LEARN that you "can't beat the market everytime". You can't shuffle players expecting it's gonna be like in XBOX. There are consequences when you eff with the balance of things TOO EFFIN much. You are expected to bring in new talent through the draft, and plug in free agents when unable to find value in the draft. Please stop thinking that you are smarter than the rest of the world, and that your wonder formula will work regardless of the "ingredients"

if this is true about braylon how come mark didnt fight to keep him? could have gotten him on 1 year deal also...??

2nd-schotty must go..he has had enough time to show his worth-he has been avg at best-we need better

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Long time lurker, and my sister seems to have an account on here (and promptly go thrown into the garbage dump LOL). I will say this, though, she just got out of college and she's come to every game with me this year as she stays with my family.

To me this team needs to be remade ala 2009 back into a run-first team with a strong defense and special teams.

To facilitate that, and believe me I know this will raise contention, I think the Jets need a make over.

Despite my sister's chosen screen name.........

I don't think we're a playoff team this year, the 1-5 record against teams over .500 is just sad.

1) Get rid of Brian Schottenheimer.

2) Trade Mark Sanchez. Get draft picks for him. More on this in a bit, but it's less a condemnation of Sanchez as it is that nobody really knows what he is going to turn into. Seattle needs a QB and I think Pete Carroll has a big enough ego that he'll take Sanchez for 3rd or fourth rounder.

3) Trade D'Brickashaw Ferguson for a 2 and a 4 or 5. He is a pass blocking machine, but he isn't that impressive in the running game to me.

4) After stockpiling these picks, go after the following:

A) Peyton Manning: Doesn't matter who you have around him. Peyton will immediately make any team a contender. Look at Indy this year.

B) Trade up in the draft, attempt to maneuver to get RG3. He could fall to the middle of the first round. If you package picks acquired you should be able to move up. He is exactly the type of raw talent that would develop amazingly well behind Manning for the twilight of Peyton's career. If Peyton retires or isn't moved, then sign Orton or Jason Campbell as holdovers.

Along this same vein, Matt Flynn could be a good option to move forward with, provided your new OC uses the West Coast offense.

C) 25% of the NFL is free agents this year.

Big upgrades available:

RB: Matt Forte, Mike Tolbert (in conjunction with Greene), Trade for Ben Tate

WR: Dwayne Bowe is a free agent and has the potential to be one of the top in the league on par with Megatron and Andre Johnson with a solid QB. Beyond that, this position is relatively strong.

TE: I echo the sentiment by alot of posters on here that we need strong 2 TE sets to assist in both run blocking and the intermediate/short passing game. Scott Chandler and Visanthe Shiancoe will be available and should be relatively reasonable in cap terms. Signing either would be a great move........I also think John Conner has the potential to be a good offensive option beyond just blocking.

OL: New Left Tackle: Demetrius Brown. Better run blocker than Ferguson and will be cheaper. Right Tackle: Bring back Kareem McKenzie.

Create depth by retaining Turner cheaply coming off this lost season and drafting a mid-round "project," who sucks less than Ducasse.

Defense:

DE: Cliff Avril: Would be an amazing pickup. Avril has the size to play at the line and the speed to go back in OLB. Rex could turn him into Diet Suggs!!!!!!! Probably the most important pickup for the Jets. So many times watching them this year have I just been disgusted by the amount of time out there for the QB. Wilkerson is pretty strong, too.

DT: Gotta resign Pouha and then draft depth. Dixon looks good and should be retained and rotated in with Pouha. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Howard Green back, either. He was part of that '09 defense. He knows the system and he's been winning in Green Bay.

Linebacker: We need speed here. E.J. Henderson is still good and should be relatively reasonable as far as cap hits. Anthony Spencer from Dallas is another one like that but would probably be more money due to being younger. Depth and situation speed are desperately needed here. David Harris is great, but he's not that fleet and we'll be facing two amazingly quick and large Tight Ends in New England for the foreseeable future.

Safety: GLARING NEED. This is where, if you don't pursue RG3, the Jets should pursue one in the early second round. Really, it may be worth looking at working on schemes and technique with Cromartie since he has the size and speed to match up with strong Tight Ends and put him into a kind of coverage safety role and allow Kyle Wilson to see more time on the Flanker.

The Jets are far from alone from having Safety concerns. The year of the tight end and of passing yard inflation has stressed the need for a strong cover safety more than ever before. There's very few in the league, which means that Rex should honestly start getting more creative in schemes to use Cro's size in TE coverage more often. Cro isn't a great tackler, but he has the recovery speed to get back onto TE's ran through a web of trash routes over the middle to get them free.

Outside of that, Tyvon Branch would be a strong acquisition as a rotational guy and if anybody can fix Brandon Merriweather, it would be Rex.

So before I get destroyed by people who think I'm nuts for wanting to draft a young QB 3 years after taking Sanchez, I simply am very skeptical of Sanchez's ability to succeed in how hostile the environment is here in NYC, especially with Eli playing in the same stadium as him. He still has trade value and this team needs serious defensive personnel upgrades beyond all else. RG3 will come in at an immediately lower cap number and could play the Wildcat alongside whoever is the Jets starting QB during his development period or even beyond.

I honestly feel that Sanchez is starting to remind me of David Carr in Houston. The pressure of being "the Man," the world's largest media market, and being so far removed from the West Coast is never going to allow him to realize his full potential. Not to mention that he's just been absolutely battered this year with ole turnstile playing right tackle.........

Now excuse me while I call my little pony Cassie and tell her that her post was awful and try to learn her something about football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=I<3Sanchez;4284085]Long time lurker, and my sister seems to have an account on here (and promptly go thrown into the garbage dump LOL). I will say this, though, she just got out of college and she's come to every game with me this year as she stays with my family.

To me this team needs to be remade ala 2009 back into a run-first team with a strong defense and special teams.

To facilitate that, and believe me I know this will raise contention, I think the Jets need a make over.

Despite my sister's chosen screen name.........

I don't think we're a playoff team this year, the 1-5 record against teams over .500 is just sad.

1)[B] Get rid of Brian Schottenheimer.
    [/B]
    2) [B]Trade Mark Sanchez.[/B] Get draft picks for him. More on this in a bit, but it's less a condemnation of Sanchez as it is that nobody really knows what he is going to turn into. Seattle needs a QB and I think Pete Carroll has a big enough ego that he'll take Sanchez for 3rd or fourth rounder.

3) Trade D'Brickashaw Ferguson for a 2 and a 4 or 5. He is a pass blocking machine, but he isn't that impressive in the running game to me.

A) Peyton Manning: Doesn't matter who you have around him. Peyton will immediately make any team a contender. Look at Indy this year.

B) Trade up in the draft, attempt to maneuver to get RG3. He could fall to the middle of the first round. If you package picks acquired you should be able to move up. He is exactly the type of raw talent that would develop amazingly well behind Manning for the twilight of Peyton's career. If Peyton retires or isn't moved, then sign Orton or Jason Campbell as holdovers.

Along this same vein, Matt Flynn could be a good option to move forward with, provided your new OC uses the West Coast offense.

C) 25% of the NFL is free agents this year.

Big upgrades available:

RB: Matt Forte, Mike Tolbert (in conjunction with Greene), Trade for Ben Tate

WR: Dwayne Bowe is a free agent and has the potential to be one of the top in the league on par with Megatron and Andre Johnson with a solid QB. Beyond that, this position is relatively strong.

TE: I echo the sentiment by alot of posters on here that we need strong 2 TE sets to assist in both run blocking and the intermediate/short passing game. Scott Chandler and Visanthe Shiancoe will be available and should be relatively reasonable in cap terms. Signing either would be a great move........I also think John Conner has the potential to be a good offensive option beyond just blocking.

OL: New Left Tackle: Demetrius Brown. Better run blocker than Ferguson and will be cheaper. Right Tackle: Bring back Kareem McKenzie.

Create depth by retaining Turner cheaply coming off this lost season and drafting a mid-round "project," who sucks less than Ducasse.

Defense:

DE: Cliff Avril: Would be an amazing pickup. Avril has the size to play at the line and the speed to go back in OLB. Rex could turn him into Diet Suggs!!!!!!! Probably the most important pickup for the Jets. So many times watching them this year have I just been disgusted by the amount of time out there for the QB. Wilkerson is pretty strong, too.

DT: Gotta resign Pouha and then draft depth. Dixon looks good and should be retained and rotated in with Pouha. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Howard Green back, either. He was part of that '09 defense. He knows the system and he's been winning in Green Bay.

Linebacker: We need speed here. E.J. Henderson is still good and should be relatively reasonable as far as cap hits. Anthony Spencer from Dallas is another one like that but would probably be more money due to being younger. Depth and situation speed are desperately needed here. David Harris is great, but he's not that fleet and we'll be facing two amazingly quick and large Tight Ends in New England for the foreseeable future.

Safety: GLARING NEED. This is where, if you don't pursue RG3, the Jets should pursue one in the early second round. Really, it may be worth looking at working on schemes and technique with Cromartie since he has the size and speed to match up with strong Tight Ends and put him into a kind of coverage safety role and allow Kyle Wilson to see more time on the Flanker.

The Jets are far from alone from having Safety concerns. The year of the tight end and of passing yard inflation has stressed the need for a strong cover safety more than ever before. There's very few in the league, which means that Rex should honestly start getting more creative in schemes to use Cro's size in TE coverage more often. Cro isn't a great tackler, but he has the recovery speed to get back onto TE's ran through a web of trash routes over the middle to get them free.

Outside of that, Tyvon Branch would be a strong acquisition as a rotational guy and if anybody can fix Brandon Merriweather, it would be Rex.

So before I get destroyed by people who think I'm nuts for wanting to draft a young QB 3 years after taking Sanchez, I simply am very skeptical of Sanchez's ability to succeed in how hostile the environment is here in NYC, especially with Eli playing in the same stadium as him. He still has trade value and this team needs serious defensive personnel upgrades beyond all else. RG3 will come in at an immediately lower cap number and could play the Wildcat alongside whoever is the Jets starting QB during his development period or even beyond.

I honestly feel that Sanchez is starting to remind me of David Carr in Houston. The pressure of being "the Man," the world's largest media market, and being so far removed from the West Coast is never going to allow him to realize his full potential. Not to mention that he's just been absolutely battered this year with ole turnstile playing right tackle.........

Now excuse me while I call my little pony Cassie and tell her that her post was awful and try to learn her something about football.[/QUOTE]

1-totally agree-schotty must go

2-only and only if manning was a real possibility..flynn is too much unknown..

3-dbrick too valuable too trade agree not as good run blocker..but very hard to find LT that can protect blind side like that

4-tolber and tate same type of back as greene..need hr hitter..not another plower..

5-love bowe move..i say let plaxico go if he wants big bucks..red zone threat only has helped us there but from 20-20 hes invisible..

6-love avril..agreed something rex has never had here..a natural pass rusher..sorely needed..cant scheme to victory all the time..

7-spencer is calvin pace light..at best..e.j. getting up there in age no???agree speed is sorely lacking here..

8-cromartie could never be a safety afraid to hit anyone...def need to draft one high or thru free agency..like branch idea!!!

9-have actually thought about sanchez to seattle also..not so sure seattle would give up alot though..tavaris jackson has improved as year has gone along..again cant move sanchez unless manning is an actual option..sanchez deserves another shot with a new o.c.!!!

great post though!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I would agree about Hunter being awful but every other Jet brought in arguably has had a much better season than those departed.....

Cotchery 8 REC....116 yards...2 TDS
    Smith......22 rec....232 yards...1 TD
    Edwards...14 rec...172 yards....0 TDS

Burress....38 rec...521 yards....8 TDS
    McKnight..13 rec...139 yards....0 TDS
    Kerley......20 rec...207 yards....1 TD

In addition to getting younger with Kerley and Mcknight, Cotch bought his own ticket out of here and Smith was replaced by McKnight is the leading Kick returner in the league with a

32.3 average on 30 returns for 968 yards and 1 TD

Smith has not done a thing in Buffalo

18.8 average on 15 returns for 282 yards and 0 TDS

Although Edwards was injured early, he has not been even a small part of the 49ers success and is a heathy scratch for tonights game against Pitt....

Also the Jets with Burress a big part have improved from 27th last year in red zone TD% to #1 this year.....There may be other variables for these numbers but cannot blame the loss of those players for the Jets failures in my view...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    ur happy the jets might miss teh playoffs?

u disgust me

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jets Fanatic;4281990]My humble opinion......I expect bashing, and that's cool. I get it.[/QUOTE]

No bashing. Just think the Fan-based idea that a Front Office will suddenly "wake up" and do exactly what the fans think they should do because the lost a game/missed the playoffs/etc. is one of the worst fan urban legends arounds. It's never happened and it never will happen.

Front offices do what they do. They may change a little here and there, but basicly an NFL Front Office reflects the Owner, GM and Coach (in that order unless the Coach is a Parcells type or the Owner am absentee-limp-fish type). Win, lose, they do what they do how they believe it should be done. They do not make wholesale changes in style and ideology based on a loss or missed playoff berth.

Missing the playoffs this year will not change Woody/Tanny/Rex. They will not suddenly pop up like a cartoon character, little animated lightbuld beside their head, and go "**** ME!!!! The Fans were right all along!!!! WTF was I thinking????"

If the Front Office thinsk we're a contender in 2012, and they likely will, they'll do what teams in contention do. Try to get over the hump however they can under the limits of the cap and contracts. If they think we're a rebuild (and they won't), they'll cut vets, cut salary, and draft/trade for youth whilst filling gaps with low-priced FA talent to be as competative as possible.

So I'll say it again, what happend the next two weeks is 100% irrelevant to teh Jets Front Office plans and way of doing business. Win or lose, make the playoffs or miss them, there will not be any grand dramatic "wake up".

As a fan, there is no logical reasont o root against making the playoffs and doing as well there as we can. Even if we lose, fans who believe in fantastic urban legends like the "GM Wake Up!" will not get what they want.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4282215]The sad part is, if the Bengals and Titans lose one of their next two games, and we win ONE game, we're in.

Bengals:

ARZ
    BAL

Titans:

JAX
    @HOU

Oakland:

@KC
    SD

Looks like we're going to back into the playoffs, again.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why that would be "sad" for a Jets fan. It would certainly be much better for the Jets to be 16-0 with home field throughout. But 9-7 with a 6 seed is better than, say, 9-7 just missing the playoffs.

Look at the last two years - they sneak in and make a run. Or look at the other 6 seeds to have recently won it all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 reasons not to want the Jets to make the playoffs:

1) They're not built to go to the Super Bowl anyway so it would just be a temporary tease.

2) It might lead to the firing of Shottenheimer

3) Better draft position.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have faith in the front office. For years now they have gotten it done in the offseason. They have proven to be aggressive in fixing problems and getting the players they want.

Now you cant fix it all every time. You dont get everything you want every off season and money is limited.

I believe the main problem this year was the lack of offseason. No being able to make moves for so long and not know what the cap was was a big problem. The huge list of Big Free Agents we had also was a problem. Time and money was spent on bring our guys back and other spots were left out or settled on.

Safety, WR and Right Tackle should and will be addressed in the off season. We have the money this year to make some moves in the free agent market and the draft will help as well.

When has the front office really let us now in the last several years?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4282215]The sad part is, if the Bengals and Titans lose one of their next two games, and we win ONE game, we're in.

Bengals:

ARZ
    BAL

Titans:

JAX
    @HOU

Oakland:

@KC
    SD

Looks like we're going to back into the playoffs, again.[/QUOTE]

Not quite we could get knocked out if we lose to the Dolphins and the Bengals beat the Ravens

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=I<3Sanchez;4284085]
    2) Trade Mark Sanchez. Get draft picks for him. More on this in a bit, but it's less a condemnation of Sanchez as it is that nobody really knows what he is going to turn into. Seattle needs a QB and I think Pete Carroll has a big enough ego that he'll take Sanchez for 3rd or fourth rounder.

[B]3) Trade D'Brickashaw Ferguson for a 2 and a 4 or 5. He is a pass blocking machine, but he isn't that impressive in the running game to me.[/B]

B) Trade up in the draft, attempt to maneuver to get RG3. He could fall to the middle of the first round. If you package picks acquired you should be able to move up. He is exactly the type of raw talent that would develop amazingly well behind Manning for the twilight of Peyton's career. If Peyton retires or isn't moved, then sign Orton or Jason Campbell as holdovers[/QUOTE]

That was fun to read. BUT you wanna get manning or draft a new QB, yet you trade your pass blocking machine LT????

So get a passing machine QB but rid of the pass blocking LT. cool.

But yeah none of this would ever happen anyway.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4285296]I have 3 reasons not to want the Jets to make the playoffs:

1) They're not built to go to the Super Bowl anyway so it would just be a temporary tease.

2) It might lead to the firing of Shottenheimer

3) Better draft position.[/QUOTE]

The only legitimate one is number 3. Now let's address the first two:

1) If you've been a Jets fan for a long period of time, you should be willing to accept any form of gratification - even the equivalent of a dry hump.

2) I doubt very strongly a playoff berth will secure Schotty's position for next year. It's already been determined if he'll still be around.