Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "I am glad the Jets wont make the playoffs so they can wake the F up" Thread

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah yeah yeah we won the SB but we don't have a team that can repeat, i mean if rodgers didnt throw those 3 ints we woulda lost....and now we're stuck with Sh@ty and our first round pick might as well be a 2 nd rounder!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=I<3Sanchez;4284085]

1) Get rid of Brian Schottenheimer.

2) Trade Mark Sanchez. Get draft picks for him. More on this in a bit, but it's less a condemnation of Sanchez as it is that nobody really knows what he is going to turn into. Seattle needs a QB and I think Pete Carroll has a big enough ego that he'll take Sanchez for 3rd or fourth rounder.

3) Trade D'Brickashaw Ferguson for a 2 and a 4 or 5. He is a pass blocking machine, but he isn't that impressive in the running game to me.

4) After stockpiling these picks, go after the following:

A) Peyton Manning: Doesn't matter who you have around him. Peyton will immediately make any team a contender. Look at Indy this year.

B) Trade up in the draft, attempt to maneuver to get RG3. He could fall to the middle of the first round. If you package picks acquired you should be able to move up. He is exactly the type of raw talent that would develop amazingly well behind Manning for the twilight of Peyton's career. If Peyton retires or isn't moved, then sign Orton or Jason Campbell as holdovers.

Along this same vein, Matt Flynn could be a good option to move forward with, provided your new OC uses the West Coast offense.

C) 25% of the NFL is free agents this year.

Big upgrades available:

RB: Matt Forte, Mike Tolbert (in conjunction with Greene), Trade for Ben Tate

WR: Dwayne Bowe is a free agent and has the potential to be one of the top in the league on par with Megatron and Andre Johnson with a solid QB. Beyond that, this position is relatively strong.

TE: I echo the sentiment by alot of posters on here that we need strong 2 TE sets to assist in both run blocking and the intermediate/short passing game. Scott Chandler and Visanthe Shiancoe will be available and should be relatively reasonable in cap terms. Signing either would be a great move........I also think John Conner has the potential to be a good offensive option beyond just blocking.

OL: New Left Tackle: Demetrius Brown. Better run blocker than Ferguson and will be cheaper. Right Tackle: Bring back Kareem McKenzie.

Create depth by retaining Turner cheaply coming off this lost season and drafting a mid-round "project," who sucks less than Ducasse.

Defense:

DE: Cliff Avril: Would be an amazing pickup. Avril has the size to play at the line and the speed to go back in OLB. Rex could turn him into Diet Suggs!!!!!!! Probably the most important pickup for the Jets. So many times watching them this year have I just been disgusted by the amount of time out there for the QB. Wilkerson is pretty strong, too.

DT: Gotta resign Pouha and then draft depth. Dixon looks good and should be retained and rotated in with Pouha. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Howard Green back, either. He was part of that '09 defense. He knows the system and he's been winning in Green Bay.

Linebacker: We need speed here. E.J. Henderson is still good and should be relatively reasonable as far as cap hits. Anthony Spencer from Dallas is another one like that but would probably be more money due to being younger. Depth and situation speed are desperately needed here. David Harris is great, but he's not that fleet and we'll be facing two amazingly quick and large Tight Ends in New England for the foreseeable future.

Safety: GLARING NEED. This is where, if you don't pursue RG3, the Jets should pursue one in the early second round. Really, it may be worth looking at working on schemes and technique with Cromartie since he has the size and speed to match up with strong Tight Ends and put him into a kind of coverage safety role and allow Kyle Wilson to see more time on the Flanker.

The Jets are far from alone from having Safety concerns. The year of the tight end and of passing yard inflation has stressed the need for a strong cover safety more than ever before. There's very few in the league, which means that Rex should honestly start getting more creative in schemes to use Cro's size in TE coverage more often. Cro isn't a great tackler, but he has the recovery speed to get back onto TE's ran through a web of trash routes over the middle to get them free.

Outside of that, Tyvon Branch would be a strong acquisition as a rotational guy and if anybody can fix Brandon Merriweather, it would be Rex.

[/QUOTE]

:eek:

Do the words "logic" and "salary cap" mean anything to you?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=I<3Sanchez;4284085]
    1) Get rid of Brian Schottenheimer.

2) Trade Mark Sanchez. Get draft picks for him. More on this in a bit, but it's less a condemnation of Sanchez as it is that nobody really knows what he is going to turn into. Seattle needs a QB and I think Pete Carroll has a big enough ego that he'll take Sanchez for 3rd or fourth rounder.

3) Trade D'Brickashaw Ferguson for a 2 and a 4 or 5. He is a pass blocking machine, but he isn't that impressive in the running game to me.

4) After stockpiling these picks, go after the following:

A) Peyton Manning: Doesn't matter who you have around him. Peyton will immediately make any team a contender. Look at Indy this year. [/QUOTE]
    Disagree completely with everything above.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now anyone else ok with the Jets not making the playoffs?