Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus (Forthcoming Film Trailer)

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4483514]Whoa. Chris Elliott in "Scary Movie 2" was beyond brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Chris Elliot is never brilliant.

In fact, he almost ruined a brilliant movie in "Groundhog Day". If he never got another job again, became homeless and destitute, and then one day a film was made about his life and downfall, even THAT film would suck.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4483484]So you're saying you like Brandon Fraiser movies.[/QUOTE]

He was very good in The Quiet American, loved him in the 1st Mummy and he was hilarious in the first segment of Bedazzled as the Columbian drug lord Jefe.

Other than that, not so much.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4483484]So you're saying you like Brandon Fraiser movies.[/QUOTE]

The kids and I did enjoy 'Furry Vengenance' and 'Journey To The Center Of The Earth', yes. Although the former sounds like some bizarre pr0n movie involving Furries.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4483549]Chris Elliot is never brilliant.

In fact, he almost ruined a brilliant movie in "Groundhog Day". If he never got another job again, became homeless and destitute, and then one day a film was made about his life and downfall, even THAT film would suck.[/QUOTE]

Tell us how you really feel.

Hall Of Fame

In fact, he almost ruined a brilliant movie in "Groundhog Day". If he never got another job again, became homeless and destitute, and then one day a film was made about his life and downfall, even THAT film would suck.[/QUOTE]

Something About Mary says hi.

Also, his cameo as Roger the Snowplowman in Snow Day was very underrated.

_

[QUOTE=Austin;4483613]Tell us how you really feel.[/QUOTE]

When do I not?:D

[QUOTE=JStokes;4483629]Something About Mary says hi.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I generally loathe Ben Stiller vehicles. SAM was not close to as funny as the hype it got for one bad cum-on-hair scene.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4483638]

Sorry, I generally loathe Ben Stiller vehicles. SAM was not close to as funny as the hype it got for one bad cum-on-hair scene.[/QUOTE]

Not a big Brett Favera fan?

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4483645]Not a big Brett Favera fan?

_[/QUOTE]

I have to admit old friend, I don't even get the reference.

I did liek Dodgeball, but in that Stiller was where he belonged, not the Star.

[QUOTE=Jets Things;4483514]Whoa. Chris Elliott in "Scary Movie 2" was beyond brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Take my strong hand

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4416023]Holy sh*t! You're not kidding.

Towards the end of the trailer, you could see the "Pilot" that they found in the ship on LV426....and the crescent shape of the ship in this movie kinda looks like the crashed remains from the original Alien movie.

One of my favorite movies of all time. Looks like Scott is doing justice with this prequel.

The only thing I don't care for is the hyper-technological look of the ships and equipment in thos movie (it's 2012, not 1979..so today's special effects are much better)...but the one thing I did like about the original was the way their ship looked dark, dirty and kinda like a POS. But I'm still stoked to see it...[/QUOTE]

You never cease to amaze me.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4483687]I have to admit old friend, I don't even get the reference.

I did liek Dodgeball, but in that Stiller was where he belonged, not the Star.[/QUOTE]

Brett Favre is in the movie, they keep saying his name phonetically, calling him Brett Favra.

You either like Stiller or you don't, kind of like Woody Allen (the actor, not the writer). A have a small pet peeve when people say "I hate Ben stiller movies, and Tropic Thunder sucked!" or "I hate Tom Cruise and those Mission Impossible movies are gargbage".

I can totally understand not being a fan of Stiller, though, he truly is an acquired taste.

It's all personal preference, I like Stiller's stuff and Dodgeball is in my top 20 comedies of all time. Having said that, can't stand the Focker movie franchise.

_

All Pro
    I love Stiller in Dodgeball and Zoolander because he's playing a goof. I like him far more in that role than as the straight man.

That said, I still like There's Something About Mary.

I don't think Will Ferrell is funny at all.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

His daughter is pretty funny on SNL. Pretty good looking too.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4483817]I don't think Will Ferrell is funny at all.[/QUOTE]

Old School?

Pretty good cameos in Wedding Crashers.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4483800]Brett Favre is in the movie, they keep saying his name phonetically, calling him Brett Favra.

You either like Stiller or you don't, kind of like Woody Allen (the actor, not the writer). A have a small pet peeve when people say "I hate Ben stiller movies, and Tropic Thunder sucked!" or "I hate Tom Cruise and those Mission Impossible movies are gargbage".

I can totally understand not being a fan of Stiller, though, he truly is an acquired taste.

It's all personal preference, I like Stiller's stuff and Dodgeball is in my top 20 comedies of all time. Having said that, can't stand the Focker movie franchise.

_[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I'm just not a fan of many more modern "funny men", like Stiller, or Will Farell, or pretty much anyone who was ever on SNL past 1986, etc. I don't like Woody Allen either honestly, it's not an era thing. Hell, I think Daniel Tosh is hi-larious, on his show and his stand-up.

Funny is the hardest thing to pull off right IMO. And few do it for me.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4483831]Agreed.

I'm just not a fan of many more modern "funny men", like Stiller, or Will Farell, or pretty much anyone who was ever on SNL past 1986, etc. I don't like Woody Allen either honestly, it's not an era thing. Hell, I think Daniel Tosh is hi-larious, on his show and his stand-up.

Funny is the hardest thing to pull off right IMO. And few do it for me.[/QUOTE]

I do give Stiller and Ferrell credit for trying. They do try to be funny. They try really, really, really hard.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4483831]

Hell, I think Daniel Tosh is hi-larious, on his show and his stand-up.

[/QUOTE]

The only "Must See TV" for me nowadays. Brilliant.

Went to his Live Happy Thoughts Tour and it was a riot.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 06-04-2012 at 02:18 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4483852]The only "Must See TV" for me nowadays. Brilliant.

Went to his Live Happy Thoughts Tour and it was a riot.

_[/QUOTE]

I saw Tosh in AC last year and not only was he hilarious, his material was completely new and fresh (I was worried he would rehash a bunch of material from "Completely Serious.")

Definitley my favorite comic right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Austin;4483921]Definitley my favorite comic right now.[/QUOTE]

+1,000. He's just not afraid to say/do anything.

I've also been digging Louis CK recently. He's much funnier now that I have kids of my own and have been through a divorce. He says the things that I say to myself in my head.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJlV49RDlLE&feature=related[/url]