Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus (Forthcoming Film Trailer)

Veteran
    Can't wait to see this movie.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4483968]+1,000. He's just not afraid to say/do anything.

I've also been digging Louis CK recently. He's much funnier now that I have kids of my own and have been through a divorce. He says the things that I say to myself in my head.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJlV49RDlLE&feature=related[/url][/QUOTE]

C.K. and Bill Burr are easily the best standup comics out there right now IMO.

I don't really get the Tosh hype at all. His first standup was pretty funny and so was the show for the first few episodes, but his act is already played out at this point if you ask me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bill Burr can handle hecklers better than anyone out there. F*cking hilarious.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNnkDjMVJqE[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4484346]C.K. and Bill Burr are easily the best standup comics out there right now IMO.

I don't really get the Tosh hype at all. His first standup was pretty funny and so was the show for the first few episodes, but his act is already played out at this point if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I like Tosh, but I LOVE Bill Burr. His standup is outstanding, the problem is he's never on enough. At least with Tosh, you get to see him once a week during the season.

As chance would have it, one of Burr's stand-ups was on last night--a 30 minute show--and I watched it AGAIN--probably the 5th time and it was STILL hillarious.

His digs at his girlfriends are so spot on--"hey, you want to go to the Container store and buy some containers for your t-shirts?" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4484348]Bill Burr can handle hecklers better than anyone out there. F*cking hilarious.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNnkDjMVJqE[/url][/QUOTE]

whoa

_

All Pro
    Don't know Bill Burr at all, can't see the youtube videos (youtube blocked at work).

What's he best known for?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Austin;4484495]Don't know Bill Burr at all, can't see the youtube videos (youtube blocked at work).

What's he best known for?[/QUOTE]

Get your hands on "Why Do I Do This?"

Off the charts funny.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4484509]Get your hands on "Why Do I Do This?"

Off the charts funny.

_[/QUOTE]

Just watched a few of his bits on Youtube. Very funny.

[QUOTE=Austin;4484495]Don't know Bill Burr at all, can't see the youtube videos (youtube blocked at work).

+1, never heard of the guy before this thread. Maybe I'll check him out on teh Tubez tonight.

Hall Of Fame
    Honestly, "Why Do I Do This" is hysterical--was the first thing I ever saw him in and I was hooked.

He was a semi-regular on Chappelle as well. He was one of the commentators on The Racial Draft and The World Series of Dice.

Good stuff.

_

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484544]Honestly, "Why Do I Do This" is hysterical--was the first thing I ever saw him in and I was hooked.

He was a semi-regular on Chappelle as well. He was one of the commentators on The Racial Draft and The World Series of Dice.

Good stuff.

_[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after googling him I recognized him from Chappelle and a few other random things.

Never seen his stand up though, I think I'll go out of my way to check it out. I love good stand up, not as much of it out there as there should be.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4484348]Bill Burr can handle hecklers better than anyone out there. F*cking hilarious.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNnkDjMVJqE[/url][/QUOTE]

Can't see YouTube because it's blocked at work. But if that's the O&A show he did in Philly a few years back, I was there. The crowd was absolutely BRUTAL at that show. Two other comics were booed off the stage before Burr went on. He barely got started on the set he was doing before they started booing him. He then went totally off script and DESTROYED that crowd for the rest of the time.

It was legendary....

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Braumeister;4484566]Can't see YouTube because it's blocked at work. But if that's the O&A show he did in Philly a few years back, I was there. The crowd was absolutely BRUTAL at that show. Two other comics were booed off the stage before Burr went on. He barely got started on the set he was doing before they started booing him. He then went totally off script and DESTROYED that crowd for the rest of the time.

It was legendary....[/QUOTE]

That's it. His digs at the Rocky statue were really funny.

_

Banned
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4484573]That's it. His digs at the Rocky statue were really funny.

_[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember him saying how they loved a fictional boxer like Rocky, but didn't give a crap about a real champion from Philly like Joe Frasier, because he was black and they were all racist a$$holes.

When he started bashing the Flyers and Eagles, I remember some drunken idiots in the crowd screaming how they wanted to beat the crap out of him. They were practically foaming at the mouth. LOL

[QUOTE=Warfish;4483507]Never saw Mystery Men.

But I quite liked Last Action Hero. Campy good fun IMO, not to be taken seriously, just lol'd at/with for camp value.

it did a vastly better job at the parody genre that any of the Wayans dominated "Scream" or "Teen Movie" crapfests.[/QUOTE]

Last Action Hero is an underrated film that gets a bad rap.

Mystery Men is hot gahbage as Red Sawx fans would say.

[QUOTE=Austin;4483921]I saw Tosh in AC last year and not only was he hilarious, his material was completely new and fresh (I was worried he would rehash a bunch of material from "Completely Serious.")

Definitley my favorite comic right now.[/QUOTE]

+1

Tosh is excellent.

Aziz Ansari is also funny.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4483264]I watched all the previous alien films in preparation for this movie. Great movies, not including the alien vs predator films which is hot garbage.

The music for Prometheus is freaking scary as hell. Can't wait for it. I haven't watched a movie in a movie theater in the longest time.[/QUOTE]

I really don't understand how Hollywood could have bungled both the Alien and Predator franchises up as badly as they have.

Alien Resurrection - Ripley has sex with the Alien (need I say more?)

Alien vs. Predator - no space marines, pyramid in Antarctica angle was lame as hell

Alien vs. Predator II - had potential but badly executed

Predators - very disappointing

I just want to see one more Alien or Predator sequel that's given to a real director with a real vision.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 06-05-2012 at 03:59 PM.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4484900]I really don't understand how Hollywood could have bungled both the Alien and Predator franchises up as badly as they have.

Alien Resurrection - Ripley has sex with the Alien (need I say more?)

Alien vs. Predator - no space marines, pyramid in Antarctica angle was lame as hell

Alien vs. Predator II - had potential but badly executed

Predators - very disappointing

I just want to see one more Alien or Predator sequel that's given to a real director with a real vision.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought Alien Resurrection was ok. I even thought it was better than Alien 3 which was terrible.

Predators wasn't that bad either I thought. It was entertaining. Is it something I would by on DVD or go to the movies twice to see it? No.
    But I like how they brought they original theme to it. Thought they could have gotten a better lead role than Adrian Brody for the part.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4484951]I actually thought Alien Resurrection was ok. I even thought it was better than Alien 3 which was terrible.

Predators wasn't that bad either I thought. It was entertaining. Is it something I would by on DVD or go to the movies twice to see it? No.
    But I like how they brought they original theme to it. Thought they could have gotten a better lead role than Adrian Brody for the part.[/QUOTE]

Most people dislike the 3rd and 4th Alien movies. I actually thought Alien 3 was not bad. Was it kind of a let down action-wise from Cameron's masterpiece? Sure but if you just evaluate it on your own it's not bad. Rumor is it was supposed to take place on earth and be action-packed but there were problems with the budget and the script was completely redone at the 11th hour.

To me a Predator sequel shouldn't just be "ok." I expect more especially if there are so many great Aliens vs. Predator and even Batman vs. Predator comics out there. The subject material should have made that movie a lay-up and yes I absolutely agree with you Adrian Brody was miscast.

Jets Insider VIP

He was a regular on Opie & Anthony for a while. Just flat-out funny.:D

Going to see this movie Saturday afternoon. Should be good times.:cool: