Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prometheus (Forthcoming Film Trailer)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488202]Saw it Friday night in 3-D, not that I wanted to see it n 3-D, but that's the format shown in that theater (don't love the format, but this one was ok).

Very good movie as long as you're not expecting anything "Alien" from it.

Good story, characters, cinimetography and CGI. Just not alot of monsters chasing people around a ship.

If this had no tie-ins to Alien, I could judge it independantly, but that's hard to do since it was billed as a prequel.

Definitely a movie to see in theaters and [B]Michael Fassbender is great, steals the movie.[/B]

_[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post that, the opening sequence was great.

If you saw and loved Alein, you're probably going to love this movie as it seems to answer a lot of questions about who or what these 'Space Jockeys' are (see below) and how the Alein franchise got started.

[IMG]http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/space-jockey-in-ridley-scotts-alien.jpg[/IMG]

Unfortunately it does pose just as many questions as it answers, and also opens the door for another movie (not that I would mind). Even thought it's not your typical 'bug hunt' movie, it does have its share of 'holy sh1t' moments - in particular when Shaw decides to perform an operation on herself :shudder:

Im sure Im skewed because this is actually the first movie I had seen in IMAX/3D, and I think the bottom of my jaw is still in the theater somewhere, but I'd give this movie a solid B+. You're casual movie fan might not take to it, but if you love the Alien franchise (and sci-fi) you'll probably appreciate it more.
    Last edited by Fishooked; 06-10-2012 at 09:16 AM.

[QUOTE=detjetsfan;4487708]Noomi Repace is really growing on me. She is sexy. She isn't the typical all-American or exotic type of female manufactured celebrity Hollywood pushes on the public but she still is really hot in a dark euro-way.

[img]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01580/dragonmain_1580831c.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

That's not Prince?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4487708]Noomi Repace is really growing on me. She is sexy. She isn't the typical all-American or exotic type of female manufactured celebrity Hollywood pushes on the public but she still is really hot in a dark euro-way.

[img]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01580/dragonmain_1580831c.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]

I guess she played Lisbeth Salander in 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' movies - but why was there a different movie of the same name released with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara? Was the latter an English version or something?

For the record, she does not look like Prince in Prometheus. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Also I just stumbled across this link with some other Prometheus related stuff - not sure if there is spoiler material contained within or not, but it's definitely got some cool stuff to kill time on.

[url]http://www.projectprometheus.com/[/url]

The story behind David 8
    [url]http://www.weylandindustries.com/david[/url]

Peter Weyland's 2023 TED Talk
    [url]http://www.weylandindustries.com/tedtalk[/url]

(if these are blocked at work then LOLGFY)

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL :)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/orIQN.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4488057]IMAX or digital? I thought it was amazing just on the digital.[/QUOTE]

Saw an early show at the crappy theater by my house so neither.

I will get the blu ray 3d though when it comes out.

I would give the movie a solid B

Next on my summer hit list Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter...It has the potential to be awful..but I love vampire movies

Hall Of Fame
    I can't believe Charlize Theron had a peniz.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488265]I can't believe Charlize Theron had a peniz.

_[/QUOTE]

She ruined herself for me when she made that 'Monster' movie.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought it was very good. There were some real "a-ha" moments for me as it relates to 'Alien' canon, but there were almost as many questions added as well. I'd like to discuss them at some point, but I'll wait a bit before launching into a spoiler-laden discussion.

There were some weak character development/plotlines, but overall I felt the story was well-conceived and I look forward to a sequel of some sort.

BTW, this was my first 3D movie as well. I felt that depth of field is excellent, but fast motion is lackluster, particularly once it reaches the ~10' mark "off" the screen. JMO.

[QUOTE=Fishooked;4488333]She ruined herself for me when she made that 'Monster' movie.[/QUOTE]

Oh stop it.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4488419]I thought it was very good. There were some real "a-ha" moments for me as it relates to 'Alien' canon, but there were almost as many questions added as well. I'd like to discuss them at some point, but I'll wait a bit before launching into a spoiler-laden discussion.

There were some weak character development/plotlines, but overall I felt the story was well-conceived and I look forward to a sequel of some sort.

BTW, this was my first 3D movie as well. I felt that depth of field is excellent, but fast motion is lackluster, particularly once it reaches the ~10' mark "off" the screen. JMO.[/QUOTE]

The best part of the 3D experience for me was the trailer for the new Spiderman franchise. Actually seemed like stuff was jumping off the screen. Looked cool.

But I still prefer 2D movies.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4488716]The best part of the 3D experience for me was the trailer for the new Spiderman franchise. Actually seemed like stuff was jumping off the screen. Looked cool.

But I still prefer 2D movies.

_[/QUOTE]

Also the The Dark Knight trailer nearly made me crap my pants as well.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4488209]I guess she played Lisbeth Salander in 'The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo' movies - but why was there a different movie of the same name released with Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara? Was the latter an English version or something?
    [/QUOTE]

Yes. The original is in Swedish, the 2011 version with Craig and Mara is english.