Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carl Banks on the FAN--Rex Ryan is the Jet's Andy Reid

Hall Of Fame

Carl Banks on the FAN--Rex Ryan is the Jet's Andy Reid

Didn't hear the whole segment (so I am paraphrasing from what I heard), but some "fan" called and said Rex Ryan hasn't done a good job and Banks went off on the comment (to the extent the laid back Banks CAN go off) and said Rex Ryan is going to be the Jets coach for the next 10 years, said he will be basically the Jet's equivalent of Andy Reid--not that he'll never win a SB-- but that he (Reid) is and has been one of the best coaches in the NFL over the past decade and the Eagles have been one of the best teams in the league during his tenure.

Said Rex will be the same type of coach for the Jets, will be here for a very long time and will always have the Jets in contention.

Said it's very hard to win a SB, and while Jet nation deperately wants a championship--they should be damn happy that they have Rex--he's building a foundation such that every year going in they are going to be a winner, a playoff team and in contention to win a SB. Other than actually winning a SB, you can't ask for more than that. Said look at Bellichick and Reid, their teams are always upper echelon and that's what Jet fans can expect for the next decade with Rex.

Evan chimed in that it took Cowher 14 YEARS to finally win a SB and has been hailed as one of the greats and it's idiotic that Jet fans are complaining that Rex hasn't won yet, or would complain if he doesn't get it done this year.

Some will say that you're settling for anything less than a SB victory.

Not me.

Produce me a consistent winning program and I'm ecstatic because I KNOW someday we'll get there--but I want to be good and in contention EVERY year. And I couldn't care less about his "guarantees", that's just his bombastic personality--that I love--and no one is responsible for MY expectations other than ME.

Go Rex.

_

All League
    Maybe he just meant they're both big giant fatties.

Waterboy
    Amen! :clapper:

Even if Rex has a few "off years" we need continuity and stablility. Changing coaches every few years is not always the answer. We could do a lot worse than having another Andy Reid. The only difference is that Rex will come out and say that we will win a championship. I am not sure if Reid ever did that but I can't kill Rex for having confidence and being himself. The owner is OK with that, we should be too!!

All Pro
    -Guru's on one side of the ball
    -Hapless game managers
    -Specialize in back to back championship game losses
    -Morbidly obese
    -Overly tough, pessimistic north east fanbase of a green team is too hard on them

There are plenty of similarities.

All Pro
    Good read, I agree with Banks on this one...

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I can beat that, check out Almonte Toomer getting interviewed live this morning by Fox 5 (the Giants station, LOL) and none other than Tailgate Joe and his guys boo'ing him in the background!

Click here:

[URL]http://www.myfoxny.com/subindex/sports/nfl/giants[/URL]

Excellent job with the Jets chant & way to represent Joe!

:yes:
    Last edited by Limolady; 12-23-2011 at 12:59 PM.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4288365]Didn't hear the whole segment (so I am paraphrasing from what I heard), but some "fan" called and said Rex Ryan hasn't done a good job and Banks went off on the comment (to the extent the laid back Banks CAN go off) and said Rex Ryan is going to be the Jets coach for the next 10 years, said he will be basically the Jet's equivalent of Andy Reid--not that he'll never win a SB-- but that he (Reid) is and has been one of the best coaches in the NFL over the past decade and the Eagles have been one of the best teams in the league during his tenure.

Said Rex will be the same type of coach for the Jets, will be here for a very long time and will always have the Jets in contention.

Said it's very hard to win a SB, and while Jet nation deperately wants a championship--they should be damn happy that they have Rex--he's building a foundation such that every year going in they are going to be a winner, a playoff team and in contention to win a SB. Other than actually winning a SB, you can't ask for more than that. Said look at Bellichick and Reid, their teams are always upper echelon and that's what Jet fans can expect for the next decade with Rex.

Evan chimed in that it took Cowher 14 YEARS to finally win a SB and has been hailed as one of the greats and it's idiotic that Jet fans are complaining that Rex hasn't won yet, or would complain if he doesn't get it done this year.

Not me.

Produce me a consistent winning program and I'm ecstatic because I KNOW someday we'll get there--but I want to be good and in contention EVERY year. And I couldn't care less about his "guarantees", that's just his bombastic personality--that I love--and no one is responsible for MY expectations other than ME.

Go Rex.

_[/QUOTE]

Amen brother

All League
    [QUOTE=skillosopher;4288368]Amen! :clapper:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4288365]Said it's very hard to win a SB, and while Jet nation deperately wants a championship--they should be damn happy that they have Rex--he's building a foundation such that every year going in they are going to be a winner, a playoff team and in contention to win a SB. Other than actually winning a SB, you can't ask for more than that._[/QUOTE]

Then Rex should shut his yap about us winning the Super Bowl. How about winning the AFCE for a change?

I agree with CB, however, that Rex is building a good foundation here.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4288365]Didn't hear the whole segment (so I am paraphrasing from what I heard), but some "fan" called and said Rex Ryan hasn't done a good job and Banks went off on the comment (to the extent the laid back Banks CAN go off) and said Rex Ryan is going to be the Jets coach for the next 10 years, said he will be basically the Jet's equivalent of Andy Reid--not that he'll never win a SB-- but that he (Reid) is and has been one of the best coaches in the NFL over the past decade and the Eagles have been one of the best teams in the league during his tenure.

Not me.

Go Rex.

_[/QUOTE]

I basically agree. I just wish he did more for disipline, ala the Homes taunting penalty.

Carl Banks was a JAG he was lucky to be surrounded by other great LBs.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Rhode Island Green;4288408]

[B]Then Rex should shut his yap about us winning the Super Bowl[/B]. How about winning the AFCE for a change?

I agree with CB, however, that Rex is building a good foundation here.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Do you really believe everything he says?

Are you basing your expectations on what he says or what you see as a fan?

He's going to predict we win the SB every year for the next 10 years.

Guess what--nobody wins the SB every year for 10 years.

He'll win 1, that's all I care about.

Who gives a half-baked crap about what he says as long as he has us in contention every year.

Create you own expectations--don't listen to the fat man behind the curtain--it's just entertainment.

He is builiding a perennial winner.

Go Rex.

_

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4288427]Carl Banks was a JAG he was lucky to be surrounded by other great LBs.[/QUOTE]

He generated a hell of a pass rush.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Well let's hope the pox faced doosh is somewhat correct, Andy leads with 16 wins against the Giants.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4288365]

Produce me a consistent winning program and I'm ecstatic because I KNOW someday we'll get there--but I want to be good and in contention EVERY year.

Go Rex.

[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/REX_RYAN_CURTAIN.jpg[/IMG]

Your philosophy is correct, the individual is not.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Carl Banks is an ugly mofo.

It had to be said.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd take Andy Reid any day. Because if Sanchez turns out to be better than McNabb (which he should) then Rex will win it all.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4288466]He generated a hell of a pass rush.

_[/QUOTE]

Go figure teams were triple teaming LT trying to stop him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4288496]Carl Banks is an ugly mofo.

It had to be said.[/QUOTE]

And, quite frankly, sounds like an ghey.

_