Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carl Banks on the FAN--Rex Ryan is the Jet's Andy Reid

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Rhode Island Green;4288533]Generally, I believe in under-promising and over-delivering. Doing the contrary makes you look foolish and, more importantly, creates a culture of failure.

[/QUOTE]

A culture of failure? Really?

Why buy the hype? That's all it is.

Create your OWN expectations. not what someone is telling you your expectations should be.

[QUOTE=Toooon;4288537]Just curious, in how many of those years did Cowher guarantee a Super Bowl during training camp? Oh, zero? Oh, ok. Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

Who cares what Rex promises? I for one don't pay what he says any attention. His public persona is strictly entertainment, it's what he does on the field that counts.

But if his public persona and his coaching abilities mean his players will run through walls for him, and keep winning--then keep on talking Rex.

Go Rex.

_

Giants fans are bigots, don't bother listening to them.

All Pro
    Banks has alwas been a Jet hater but giving our HC
    props like that WOW! just wow! thanks man! we/us
    well me appreciate it the good talk man. Big up yo!

All League
    I often listen to Banks on the fan and Game broadcast. I really don't think he hates the Jets and if he does he hides it really well. I do give him credit for the color job he does on the game broadcast. Thats the easiest job to do by just being a homer. He comes down hard on the Giants when its deserved and never sounds like a fanatic

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4288612]I often listen to Banks on the fan and Game broadcast. I really don't think he hates the Jets and if he does he hides it really well. I do give him credit for the color job he does on the game broadcast. Thats the easiest job to do by just being a homer. He comes down hard on the Giants when its deserved and never sounds like a fanatic[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't take him for a Jet hater.

Now Amani Toomer--that guy takes huge jabs at EVERYTHING Jets.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4288601]Banks has alwas been a Jet hater but giving our HC
    well me appreciate it the good talk man. Big up yo![/QUOTE]
    What HE said yo.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4288496]Carl Banks is an ugly mofo.

It had to be said.[/QUOTE]

Which is why he does a lot of radio.

[QUOTE=Toooon;4288537][B]Just curious, in how many of those years did Cowher guarantee a Super Bowl during training camp? Oh, zero? Oh, ok. Thank you.[/B]

Carl Banks is a Giant and can go F himself.[/QUOTE]

lol and??? Maybe if he did he would've won more? I mean who really cares what Rex predicts and does or doesn't say. It's talk. He has to have a press conference and he talks up his team. Tragic.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4288621]Yeah, I don't take him for a Jet hater.

Now Amani Toomer--that guy takes huge jabs at EVERYTHING Jets.

_[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/8/128679831050813676.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex isn't going anywhere except a couple of trips to the White House with the team to visit with President Obama during his second four year term

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4288379]I can beat that, check out Almonte Toomer getting interviewed live this morning by Fox 5 (the Giants station, LOL) and none other than Tailgate Joe and his guys boo'ing him in the background!

Click here:

[URL]http://www.myfoxny.com/subindex/sports/nfl/giants[/URL]

Excellent job with the Jets chant & way to represent Joe!

:yes:[/QUOTE]

Who is Almonte Toomer?

Jets Insider VIP
    sounds to me that there is a strong possibility that Carl Banks peed on GMC's Diesel powered truck in the Hofstra parking lot

[QUOTE=sg3;4288662]Rex isn't going anywhere except a couple of trips to the White House with the team to visit with President Obama during his second four year term[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Glad to learn that Obama now has absolutely no chance in the next election.

thank you.

[QUOTE=MDL_JET;4288631]lol and??? Maybe if he did he would've won more? I mean who really cares what Rex predicts and does or doesn't say. It's talk. He has to have a press conference and he talks up his team. Tragic.[/QUOTE]

I believe the issue was why Rex gets criticized by Jet fans. And I gave you the answer. If Rex said nothing, his body of work would be tough to criticize. When you guarantee a SB every year and fall short, and not even make the playoffs, you will get heat. Don't like it, then shut up. Rex is a big boy and he understands this. It's the sensitive homer Jet fans who don't.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4288555]Sarcasm radar off Generator boy?

_[/QUOTE]

Generator boy :huh:

You didnt learn from the last time you chose this road did you?

Love banks on joe and evan..to me 1 of the most underrated analysts out there..rising star!!!

[QUOTE=TechJet;4288601]Banks has alwas been a Jet hater but giving our HC
    well me appreciate it the good talk man. Big up yo![/QUOTE]

totally false statemant..i listen to him every week in his friday and monday spots on wfan..i have never felt he is anti-jets

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4288643][IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/8/128679831050813676.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

That's the funniest sh!t I've seen or heard all day.
    As for Banks, didn't like him b/c dad is a Cowboys fan, but anyone in the media not b!tching about Rex is okay today.

[QUOTE=sg3;4288662]Rex isn't going anywhere except a couple of trips to the White House with the team to visit with President Obama during his second four year term[/QUOTE]

+1

Because the Pats and Giants won Super Bowls while Bush was Prez.. the tides will turn now.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ryan10;4288725]totally false statemant..i listen to him every week in his friday and monday spots on wfan..i have never felt he is anti-jets[/QUOTE]

Well lemme tell you. Banks, Carson, D'ossi and Taylor hated us
    when they were still players and even after they stoped playing,
    Pepper Johnson now he liked even played and coached for us.
    I remembered Banks always had negative things to say about us
    but that was way back when we SUCKED big time, we were celler
    dwellers then. dont laugh either.