Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Floodgates have been opened: I too have a mock.

The Floodgates have been opened: I, too, have a mock.

FAs:

Michael Griffin FS

Levi Brown OT

John Carlson TE (Bear Pascoe if he's tendered low enough)

Rian Lindell PK

Plaxico Burress WR

Jim Leonhard SS

Draft:

1 - Vinny Curry - MARK MY WORDS people. This guy will go in the first, or the very high second where a line of talented 3-4 LBs have come from (Woodley, Dansby, Harris, Ryans, Barwin, etc).

2 - TJ McDonald - Yeah.

3 - Nick Foles - Scare Sanchez and do it by bringing in someone who has the physical tools to actually take his job given coaching. I fear this isn't enough.

4 - Mohamed Sanu - Seems right.

5 - Bryan Anger - P

6 - Nigel Bradham - Rex Ryan ILB project.

7 - Emanuel Davis - CB/DB from ECU.

In the vicinity of what I want, I guess. Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-25-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Unless you think you can convince him otherwise, McDonald is returning to USC.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/s...ng-2012-season

Veteran
    Can't see Sanu dropping to the fourth. Also isn't Levi Brown having a terrible year? I recall seeing his name next to Wayne Hunter in the list of most sacks surrendered that was posted on here earlier this week

Jets Insider VIP
    Sory gato, but this is a disaster and nit even close to realisti. Curry in the first but Sanu in the 4th? Wtf??? Levi Brown is also trash.

Isn't Sanu coming back to RU?

Sanu is basically a Cotchery type to me. Don't see what makes him a top two round WR. He's good, but plenty of good ones fall to the 4th. If anything replace his. And with TY Hilton or Ryan Broyles (preferably Broyles I think).

I think one of Curry or USCs Perry flies up the board amongst pass rushers...Man are you guys sleeping on Curry.

Levi Brown isn't trash, nor is he an All Pro. He's one of those players who falls firmly in between, except that he's huge, moves well, and wi hit FA at a young age. Sorry, but I think for the right money he'd be a get. Alot of his perception is based on the fact that he's not Adrian Peterson, who they foolishly passed on. That has nothing to do with us.

The McDonald thing I do regret...Barron would be perfect there I guess.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Isn't Sanu coming back to RU?
    yes, that's what i've heard.

Sanu is already 22/23 isn't he?

Levi Brown is worse than Wayne Hunter...

OK I'm going to try this one:

Demetrius Bell - Him, Levi Brown, Jared Gaither...some young T with size, athleticism, and upside.

Laron Landry - Michael Griffin/Laron Landry...Tyvon Branch was a good name. I like Landry, but he might be pricey.

Early Doucet - Personally, I think this guy can be a very good slot WR and more. Adds more speed and route running ability to the WR corps, as well as youth.

Jason Campbell - Begin scaring the Sanchez.

Plaxico Burress - Bring him back. Jim Leonhard too, because I know he's a FA.

Draft:

1 - Vinny Curry - I'm sticking with this guy. I think he can ball.

2 - Vontaze Burfict - He is NOT a first round pick IMO, but he is a possible major steal because of that.

3 - Nick Foles - A bit earlier than I'd like, but a good developmental QB grab that hopefully scares Sanchez even more than ever.

4 - Joe Adams - Arkansas WR is fast.

5 - Coby Fleener - Stanford TE has alot of upside as an all rounder IMO.

6 - Drew Butler - P

7 - Marcus Forston - Big upside Miami DT who woulda/coulda/shoulda been a bigger prospect. Purely an upside pick, and many other names (a safety?) could go here. F'n mocks.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 12-28-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Our D, which is still good, gets Landry, Curry and Burfict. Our O, which blows, gets ... Doucet and a mid round wr?

Veteran
    Can't see Burfict getting past Baltimore in round 1. They need to find Ray Lewis's replacement and this guy could be the next Ray Lewis. I think Rex would take him in round 1 as well.

All League
    Burfict's stock is falling faster than Bank of America's stock price. The dude has major issues, is a penalty machine, lacks basic LB instincts, and was a complete non-factor in his team's Bowl Game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Burfict slip to the 3rd round.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Burfict's stock is falling faster than Bank of America's stock price. The dude has major issues, is a penalty machine, lacks basic LB instincts, and was a complete non-factor in his team's Bowl Game. I wouldn't be surprised to see Burfict slip to the 3rd round.
    I hope you're right, but don't see it happening. If Janoris Jenkins can be a first round prospect, Burfict sure as hell is to.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I hope you're right, but don't see it happening. If Janoris Jenkins can be a first round prospect, Burfict sure as hell is to.
    Wherever he gets drafted...I hope it's not by the NYJets.

Our D, which is still good, gets Landry, Curry and Burfict. Our O, which blows, gets ... Doucet and a mid round wr?
    You shell out the money for a QB in your mock then. There's only so much you can do for this O without bringing in Peyton Manning or Drew Brees (and neither is happening). I also drafted him a talented young TE who stands 6'7 and catches TDs like a muh.

Ignoring issues I'd take a good corner over a good ILB in a draft anyway, and Jenkins is a better CB than Burfict is a LB. Burfict is LOADED with tools and attitude, but no one has time to put up with his crap these days. He'll get chances...Hell, Ahmad Brooks is a starter now and not even terrible (probably terrible)...but the guy needs to get his head together.

Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    You shell out the money for a QB in your mock then. There's only so much you can do for this O without bringing in Peyton Manning or Drew Brees (and neither is happening). I also drafted him a talented young TE who stands 6'7 and catches TDs like a muh.

Ignoring issues I'd take a good corner over a good ILB in a draft anyway, and Jenkins is a better CB than Burfict is a LB. Burfict is LOADED with tools and attitude, but no one has time to put up with his crap these days. He'll get chances...Hell, Ahmad Brooks is a starter now and not even terrible (probably terrible)...but the guy needs to get his head together.
    You don't believe that there are FA wrs or 1st round wrs that can upgrade our current roster?

You don't believe that there are FA wrs or 1st round wrs that can upgrade our current roster?
    I believe most QBs would be extremely happy to work withi a WR group of Holmes/Plax/Doucet/Kerley/Keller/Fleener/Adams. Doucet would make a fine pickup. He is a FA.

Rather have Upshaw than Burfict