Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Year DE/OLB Production

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4299706]I'd still rather Crick or Zach Brown if we go D in the 1st. Really feel Crick is the best 3-4 DE I've seen in a while. Him and Wilk would be a nasty combo IMO. He will with out a doubt go higher then most are projecting right now. Injury aside he is a pro 3-4 DE and that has value. I'm not real high on Upshaw. Will be slow as a pro and will be taken advantage of in the passing game. May even be better off as a ILB or a 4-3 DE.[/QUOTE]

I like Crick and think he will be a good value pick, but we don't need more def lineman, we need LBs.

Upshaw isn't a burner, but he isn't slow either. We need "football players" which he is, we can't run the risk of a first round pick being a situational pass rusher like maybin....we already have that.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4299795]I like Crick and think he will be a good value pick, but we don't need more def lineman, we need LBs.

Upshaw isn't a burner, but he isn't slow either. We need "football players" which he is, we can't run the risk of a first round pick being a situational pass rusher like maybin....we already have that.[/QUOTE]

Was this the knock on Woodley that he was not that fast. I guess that turned out pretty well. Draft football players.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4299650]Would love to have Upshaw on the Jets[/QUOTE]

Or Melvin Ingram.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't need a DE, DeVito is one of the best 3-4 DE/DTs in the league. We need an OLB that can get after the QB. Safety is a bigger new than a DE/DT.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Gastineau99;4300257]We don't need a DE, DeVito is one of the best 3-4 DE/DTs in the league. We need an OLB that can get after the QB. Safety is a bigger new than a DE/DT.[/QUOTE]

That's what this thread is about. College DEs and OLBs that will be OLB in the NFL.

I really like Upshaw. He is a sure fire 10+ yr starter at OLB in NFL. He may not be the best pass rusher, but he will be good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we are just looking at OLB candidates here Jacquies Smith in the rd I think would be great value. He may hold up better in a 3-4 D. His big knock is he is not quick off the snap but as a LB he wouldn't need to be. Guy can cover and has pretty good speed. Tackles hard and is quick to go for the ball.