Thread: Zach Brown as ILB?!?

All Pro

Zach Brown as ILB?!?

How about drafting Zach Brown as an ILB for us?!? I know, he is originally projected as a 4-3 backer but I think he complements David Harris very well and could help our defense in areas where they have struggled migthily in recent years. He has tremendous speed, is aggressive and can play both the run and pass very well. Just like Harris he could be a true three down linebacker.

Opinions from the experts?! Where is he projected to go?? Does it make sense to think of him on the inside?!?

The Jets are looking for solutions to cover TE's, getting an ILB that can cover may be part of the answer. The good thing about brown is that he never comes off the field.

All Pro
    He is not as big as you would like to have your ILB in the 3-4 but considering how we are fairly big all around he could be fine.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

no- he's too valuable on the outside and he'll be early first...

two WAC guys to keep in mind in the mid rounds are Bobby Wagner/Utah State and James Johnson/Nevada (no relation to the Fannie Mae criminal)....Johnson could actually go second day...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

then again why not draft him and leave him at OLB??? not as big as you want in a 3-4 OLB but one complete linebacker...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    then again why not draft him and leave him at OLB??? not as big as you want in a 3-4 OLB but one complete linebacker...
    I agree. I mean we line up Scott on the outside quite a bit and in our blitz happy scheme (even though we haven't blitzed as much recently) we could actually use him everywhere. The one thing I mostly love about Brown is that he is a true three down linebacker and that helps us to match up with the spread attacks, for example New England. He is a beast in coverage and he plays from sideline to sideline.

Actually it is not a bad idea. Scott will be back next year we are actually stuck with him. But if we have a shot at a guy that looks good a ILB I wouldn't mind drafting his replacement for 2013. We have done well with going for BPA and he may be just that for us. The only bad part would be the likely hood or us trading Harris which I am not for. We need to restructure his deal bad. Harris will be top priority for this team going into the pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I agree. I mean we line up Scott on the outside quite a bit and in our blitz happy scheme (even though we haven't blitzed as much recently) we could actually use him everywhere. The one thing I mostly love about Brown is that he is a true three down linebacker and that helps us to match up with the spread attacks, for example New England. He is a beast in coverage and he plays from sideline to sideline.
    Brown is a perfect 4-3 Weakside LB. The strength of this defense may have shifted to the defensive line , the may be a more 4-3 team than a 3-4. Pace may be an excellent SLB, with Harris in the Middle