[QUOTE=Jordy;4298051]The bolded parts aren't too far off.
By the way, it's [B]Shonn [/B]Greene, [B]Plax [/B]and [B]Conley[/B].
Greene is not a feature back. Anyone who believes that is delusional at this point. A sixth is a bit low but a 4th seems more realistic. That's an area the Jets need to upgrade IMO.
I wouldn't mind having Plax back as long as the Jets bring in a #1 or #1a. Someone to stretch the field. Otherwise, I won't lose any sleep if he's gone.
Folk and Conley define suck. They both should be gone. Seriously.
The Jets need TWO new starting safeties. Leonhard is done IMO as a starter. I chose to leave out the word "effective" before starter to be polite. I really don't feel he's been that effective since he's been a Jet. Perhaps because he's had crap at the FS position and misses Ed Reed. But nonetheless, he's done as a starter.
Wayne Hunter? That's a no-brainer.
Thank you all for your time.[/QUOTE]
I find it ammusing how so many people are all over Plax this year. All he does is Moss people in the end zone for a TD. That's what he is asked to do. He did have one or two games with a drop but that happens.
What he is [I]also[/I] is asked to do, which seems rediculous, is run these short to intermediate routes in the passing game. Are we serious with this philosophy? He is not quick nor so much fast anymore. He is a long strider and we are using him like garbage, between the 20's. He needs to work the sidelines and the middle of the field. Mark needs to make better back shoulder throws. But having him run around in the offense is covering him single handedly.
Schotty, Mark, and Tannenbaum seam to be on different pages on this one.
[QUOTE=fivewide;4294495]Woody Johnson has decided to give up his control of the team to JI posters. I have compiled the consensus over the past 48 hours and the following changes will be made, in some order of demand [/QUOTE]
Funny list, but if Woody gave up control of the team for one day to me?
1) Rex Ryan stays as HC. Westoff is retiring, Schotty is accepting a HC position somewhere else and I am giving Rex free reign to hand pick any/all assistant coaches going into season 2012.
The only thing that I ask of my HC is that he pick a spot closer to NYC for training camp. I'm sorry, but Cortland NY is just way too far for my FO staff & our NY Jet fans to travel. IMO we'll get a much bigger turnout in NY/NJ metro area. Our merchandising dept. will sell more a lot more NYJet Shop stuff & bigger training camp crowds means more "crowd noise" in helping the team practice in more realistic game day situations. Maybe Nacho & Co. will toughen up and get teflon to "boo'ing" if we ask our fans for help during camp.
2) The new coaching staff will immediately meet with Mike T., Terry Bradway & Joey Clinkscales to evaluate the current roster. They have free reign to pick & choose which player(s) stay, which player(s) go and who they are going to replace them with.
The only thing that I ask is that they appease me with a solid, viable back up at QB & Center. I want a REAL QB that will challenge #6 for the starting spot and a REAL Center that can count a snap in case Hammer Face needs a rest.
3) I am off to Dubai for the World Cup of Horseracing in March as I have complete confidence that moves #1 & #2 will take care of my team and in my absence. I will be back in time for Draft Day weekend in April and the Taste of the NFL gala in May.
Just call or text me for any check approval(s) over $500,000.
[QUOTE=fivewide;4294495]Woody Johnson has decided to give up his control of the team to JI posters. I have compiled the consensus over the past 48 hours and the following changes will be made, in some order of demand:
1. Schotty fired then fired again just to be safe.
2. Sanchez will be traded for a 4th round pick
3. Rex fired.
4. Holmes released
5. Tannenbaum fired (because he is the reason nobody mentions to blame even though everyone mentions him)
6. Wayne Hunter axed.
7. Sean Greene traded for a sixth round conditional pick.
8. Rest of the OL, sans Mangold, cut, released, fired or burned at the stake.
9. All safeties goodbye
10. McElroy named starter.
11. Folk and Connelly released.
12. Plex gone.
13. Bart Scott sent to WWE.
14. Anyone else on the roster not named Harris, Mangold or Revis will not be back next season.[/QUOTE]
pretty funny, but some of those things should actually happen.
1, 6, 11.
But in all honesty if you are going to bash Jets fans at least spell Shonn Greene, Plax and Conley correctly.
[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4298316]pretty funny, but some of those things should actually happen.
1, 6, 11.
But in all honesty if you are going to bash Jets fans at least spell Shonn Greene, Plax and Conley correctly.[/QUOTE]
I apologize for the spelling errors.
I am not bashing Jets fans, as I am one, and understand the frustration of this season. The only opinion I have is that we need to strengthen the lines on both sides of the ball. I am a firm believer that when you are good in the trenches, success will come. I will not pretend to be smart enough to give an opinion on coordinators, play calling, etc.
[QUOTE=fivewide;4298460]I apologize for the spelling errors.
I am not bashing Jets fans, as I am one, and understand the frustration of this season. The only opinion I have is that we need to strengthen the lines on both sides of the ball. I am a firm believer that when you are good in the trenches, success will come. [B]I will not pretend to be smart enough to give an opinion on coordinators, play calling, etc[/B].[/QUOTE]
I only wish the vast majority of posters here would themselves realize this
Last edited by Peebag; 12-29-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Reason: cuz grammer ain't my strong suit