Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards Released from 49ers

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4295184]He returned from the injury and played I dont think the knee is injured anymore? He deserves and earned a chance to come back where he belongs. If Rex and Tanne want to start fixing all thats wrong heres the 1st step.[/QUOTE]

That's fair. I wonder if the injury will keep teams away from him and will lower his bargaining power.

All Pro
    Then we can blame the drops on him being out of sync! Or 'N Sync! He's invincible!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4295184]He returned from the injury and played I dont think the knee is injured anymore? He deserves and earned a chance to come back where he belongs. If Rex and Tanne want to start fixing all thats wrong heres the 1st step.[/QUOTE]

He returned from the injury and was kept inactive. His knee is a major problem. If he could run like he used to he certainly would not have been let go.

Ted Ginn missed a game and they still didn't activate Braylon. Is Harbaugh an idiot?

Braylon is hurt. Face the facts. Why is he talking about strengthening his knee for 2012?????

"I will be working hard this off season to strengthen my knee and prepare for the 2012 season."

Because he's hurt!

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4295187]That's fair. I wonder if the injury will keep teams away from him and will lower his bargaining power.[/QUOTE]

Thank You theres no guarantee we are going to able to resign Plax for next year if we do then imagine Holmes-Plax-Edwards-Kerley!!! Get a head start on rebuilding this team.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4295181]Why would Cotchery want to come back to the Jets? He is in a great spot with the Steelers. Hines Ward is pretty much done, he has a great QB throwing to him, and he has a great coach to work with.[/QUOTE]

Because he's at best the #4 WR behind Wallace, Brown, and Sanders. Only has caught passes in five games. If he left Jets because of playing time (and maybe there were other reasons, I don't know), going to Steelers didn't help.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4295193]Thank You theres no guarantee we are going to able to resign Plax for next year if we do then imagine Holmes-Plax-Edwards-Kerley!!! Get a head start on rebuilding this team.[/QUOTE]

But we have to make sure that Edwards is healthy and can play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Let's not make a kneejerk decision here just because he was released.

:rimshot:

[QUOTE=SMC;4295191]He returned from the injury and was kept inactive. His knee is a major problem. If he could run like he used to he certainly would not have been let go.

Ted Ginn missed a game and they still didn't activate Braylon. Is Harbaugh an idiot?

Braylon is hurt. Face the facts. Why is he talking about strengthening his knee for 2012?????

"I will be working hard this off season to strengthen my knee and prepare for the 2012 season."

Because he's hurt![/QUOTE]

He played in weeks 9,10,12 and 16. The issue seems to be he couldnt get in sync with the offense not an injury.

You sign him cheap onboard for next year if hes still injured he rehabs here properly and you have started to fix the WR problem.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyHYF8xlWU[/url]
    Last edited by GMCJETS; 12-27-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4295205]He played in weeks 9,10,12 and 16. The issue seems to be he couldnt get in sync with the offense not an injury.

You sign him cheap onboard for next year if hes still injured he rehabs here properly and you have started to fix the WR problem.[/QUOTE]

Whats the rush? Unless you can get him for vet minimum money, I dont see the need to rush into something. There has to more to the story than him just not being able to "sync" with the offense. The 49ers are about to go into the playoffs with a first round bye and are not particularly deep at WR, I doubt they are releasing him for simply not being in sync with the offense.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4295216]Whats the rush? Unless you can get him for vet minimum money, I dont see the need to rush into something. There has to more to the story than him just not being able to "sync" with the offense. The 49ers are about to go into the playoffs with a first round bye and are not particularly deep at WR, I doubt they are releasing him for simply not being in sync with the offense.[/QUOTE]

The rush? We need to win on Sunday or game over and season over. If hes healthy he steps in and helps this offense and our struggling QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4295216]Whats the rush? Unless you can get him for vet minimum money, I dont see the need to rush into something. There has to more to the story than him just not being able to "sync" with the offense. The 49ers are about to go into the playoffs with a first round bye and are not particularly deep at WR, I doubt they are releasing him for simply not being in sync with the offense.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY.

The Niners need WR help, why get rid of someone who can play?

The "sync" claim is nothing more than spin by Braylon.

Jet fans are so delusional. The Braylon they lust for doesn't currently exist. The current version has a bad leg and was just released by a team going to the postseason.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GreenReaper;4295177]Sign the Beast...with the bum knee...that runs like a 3 legged race horse(that's better then double moves:yes:):D[/QUOTE]

I rather have a 3 legged race horse than the 1 legged race horse we have now.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4295223]The rush? We need to win on Sunday or game over and season over. If hes healthy he steps in and helps this offense and our struggling QB.[/QUOTE]

He's NOT healthy.

[QUOTE=SMC;4295228]He's NOT healthy.[/QUOTE]

Link?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SMC;4295191]He returned from the injury and was kept inactive. His knee is a major problem. If he could run like he used to he certainly would not have been let go.

Because he's hurt![/QUOTE]

He played on Saturday.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4295223]The rush? We need to win on Sunday or game over and season over. If hes healthy he steps in and helps this offense and our struggling QB.[/QUOTE]

We have seen what a healthy Braylon was capable of doing the first game he played here for us against Miami and how good Sanchez looked that night but I just can't see him being able to get on the field right now. Also, I am not sure if he can actually be on a playoff roster right now but if there was any interest in the guy, I would assume he would rather go to a team that is already in the playoffs, ie Houston or Baltimore. The Ravens just lost Boldin for a few weeks and if healthy, Braylon might at least be insurance!!

Need to win? How is edwards going to help? He has zero time with the Jets in a year, is somewhat hurt and has no timing coordination with the QB. It's not that easy.
    Next year? Only on the cheap.

Just what we need another Prima Donna WR!

Practice Squad
    If you can get him on an incentive laden deal than why not bring him back... I say get him now(if healthy) and give him the entire off season to start working with Mark and the offense again. If the Jets do make the postseason then you are adding a guy who already knows the system and might be able to make an impact.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4295205]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERyHYF8xlWU[/url][/QUOTE]

I can't believe that was less than 12 months ago.

Wow is this a different Jets team today or what?!?!?