Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Tommy Streeter, WR out of Miami

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tommy Streeter, WR out of Miami

Turns out he declared for the draft and seems to be a legitimate deep threat with size.

6'5" 215 lbs (though he honestly looks like a stick)

Turns out he ran track for the U before he played football makes me think he is sub 4.4. I can see him as a viable alternative to Plaxico and he also seems to have his head on the right way, humble and a family orientated kid. He has only had one good season and declared and while he is projected in the third, the Jets might want to look at him in the second. A couple of years of NFL muscle and polished route running and he can be a good threat to have.

I'll be honest, I only watched one Miami game this season and he did not stand out so let me know if you have any thoughts. His measureables really did stand out and from what I can tell he is not a headcase. He seemed to have confidence issues but he has gotten better and better as time goes on.
    Last edited by arsenal1189; 12-27-2011 at 10:34 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Streeter definitely has some high upside, but he's super raw. I would only want Streeter if he's brought in along with a first rounder like Floyd or a FA like Meachem. I would not want to pin our offensive revival on this project.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Streeter definitely has some high upside, but he's super raw. I would only want Streeter if he's brought in along with a first rounder like Floyd or a FA like Meachem. I would not want to pin our offensive revival on this project.
    There's no pinning an offensive revival on a WR by anyone except the most foolish teams. This offense doesn't move forward without Sanchez stepping up.

That said, I agree with your overall point that he or any non-first round pick new WR should basically be the 4th WR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal1189 View Post
    Turns out he declared for the draft and seems to be a legitimate deep threat with size.

6'5" 215 lbs (though he honestly looks like a stick)

Turns out he ran track for the U before he played football makes me think he is sub 4.4. I can see him as a viable alternative to Plaxico and he also seems to have his head on the right way, humble and a family orientated kid. He has only had one good season and declared and while he is projected in the third, the Jets might want to look at him in the second. A couple of years of NFL muscle and polished route running and he can be a good threat to have.

I'll be honest, I only watched one Miami game this season and he did not stand out so let me know if you have any thoughts. His measureables really did stand out and from what I can tell he is not a headcase. He seemed to have confidence issues but he has gotten better and better as time goes on.
    He sounds like a blazer but he seriously needs to put on some Nfl muscle otherwise he'll be racing around like some skinny frail guy from Mogadishu

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a Canes fan Streeter has a great year this year.He had shown flashes,but Shannon never played him.Under Golden he had a great year.

He is raw and will need time to develop