Thread: Todd Bowles

Todd Bowles

The more I think about this game, the more I get the feeling like the Jets are going to be in big, BIG trouble. Todd Bowles has been a top flight, interim coach in this league for over two weeks, but he's gone through a very rare rough patch for the last week. I just don't see how a top coach like Todd Bowles is going to allow his team to lose another game down the stretch, especially knowing that his job is basically on the line. He has his star quarterback, and obviously that made the difference between getting slapped around by the Jets earlier in the year, and then coming back and crushing the Bills, and damn near beating the Patriots.

Furthermore, the Dolphins so far this year are a putrid 3-4 at Sun Life Stadium, which scares me in the respect that it seems like they've found just about every way there is to lose at home this year, to this point. In the NFL, even the worst team in the league can go 4-4 in games played at their home stadium, and as we well know, with Moore still at the helm, the Dolphins are damn far from being the worst team in the league. The Dolphins are now due to find a way to win one at Sun Life Stadium, and they're going to be highly motivated, because with the way things are shaking out in the AFC, the Dolphins are going to love to put the final nail in the Jets' coffin. I just don't see Todd Bowles, who is a .500 coach in this league, allowing the one game losing streak that this team has been in to continue, he's too good of a coach to not get his team to put together a win to end the season, and there's just about no way that a decent NFL team is going to be worse than 4-4 at their home stadium.

I hope I turn out to be wrong, but I have a feeling that when it's all said and done, there is going to be occasion after the game to bump this thread. Ok, now flame away!

Jets Insider VIP
    Todd Bowles is like Vince Lombardi. We shouldnt even show up on Sunday. You cant beat a Todd Bowles coaches team.

There's a huge push to get Bowles hired as the full time coach down there. A Bowles movement, if you will.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dont iritate Todds Bowles.

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4295568]The more I think about this game, the more I get the feeling like the Jets are going to be in big, BIG trouble. Todd Bowles has been a top flight, interim coach in this league for over two weeks, but he's gone through a very rare rough patch for the last week. I just don't see how a top coach like Todd Bowles is going to allow his team to lose another game down the stretch, especially knowing that his job is basically on the line. He has his star quarterback, and obviously that made the difference between getting slapped around by the Jets earlier in the year, and then coming back and crushing the Bills, and damn near beating the Patriots.

Furthermore, the Dolphins so far this year are a putrid 3-4 at Sun Life Stadium, which scares me in the respect that it seems like they've found just about every way there is to lose at home this year, to this point. In the NFL, even the worst team in the league can go 4-4 in games played at their home stadium, and as we well know, with Moore still at the helm, the Dolphins are damn far from being the worst team in the league. The Dolphins are now due to find a way to win one at Sun Life Stadium, and they're going to be highly motivated, because with the way things are shaking out in the AFC, the Dolphins are going to love to put the final nail in the Jets' coffin. I just don't see Todd Bowles, who is a .500 coach in this league, allowing the one game losing streak that this team has been in to continue, he's too good of a coach to not get his team to put together a win to end the season, and there's just about no way that a decent NFL team is going to be worse than 4-4 at their home stadium.

I hope I turn out to be wrong, but I have a feeling that when it's all said and done, there is going to be occasion after the game to bump this thread. Ok, now flame away![/QUOTE]

is this a bad attempt at sarcasm? i am slow today...

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4295568]The more I think about this game, the more I get the feeling like [B]the Jets are going to be in big, BIG trouble.[/B] [/QUOTE]

Welcome to the Jets 2011 season...The Jets are already in big, BIG trouble..

[QUOTE=K-Met57;4295613]is this a bad attempt at sarcasm? i am slow today...[/QUOTE]

It's just kind of a weekly running thread I've had going since the Eagles game, basically stating how much trouble I think we're in given this week's specific opponent. So far, unfortunately I've been right, and the way the Dolphins are playing, there doesn't seem to be any indication to show that the Jets belong on the same field as the Dolphins. So I figured why not start this week's edition of the previous two weeks' threads?
    Last edited by Jetfan16; 12-27-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Bowles has nothing to do with it. Miami has a good defense and we have a clueless OC and QB.

All League
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4295714]Bowles has nothing to do with it. Miami has a good defense and we have a clueless OC and QB.[/QUOTE]

This. Bowles could destroy us 72-0 and he will not be hired next year, thwy want a huge splash with a big name coach.

And a clueless OC + QB= a big final '11 Turd!

If the Dolphins have any hope of beating the Jets, they will need to mine their interim coach for every bit of football knowledge in his head. The Fish cannot allow him to hold any information back. They will need to empty their Bowles.

Bump- again I called that a head coach wasn't going to allow their team to lose a game to us!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4309225]Bump- again I called that a head coach wasn't going to allow their team to lose a game to us![/QUOTE]

Yes.

There was definitely a Bowles obstruction to us making the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4295666]It's just kind of a weekly running thread I've had going since the Eagles game, basically stating how much trouble I think we're in given this week's specific opponent. So far, unfortunately I've been right, and the way the Dolphins are playing, there doesn't seem to be any indication to show that the Jets belong on the same field as the Dolphins. So I figured why not start this week's edition of the previous two weeks' threads?[/QUOTE]

so you're admitting to being our jinx since our losing streak started?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4309225]Bump- again I called that a head coach wasn't going to allow their team to lose a game to us![/QUOTE]

... congratulations ... i will award you with an ignore list ...

l_j_r

[QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4309400]... congratulations ... i will award you with an ignore list ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=freestater;4309247]so you're admitting to being our jinx since our losing streak started?[/QUOTE]

What do you want me to do about it? Start circle jerk threads about how Rex Ryan knows EXACTLY what he's doing in order to get this 2011 team to the postseason (as they sit at 8-7?) I can't help it if I speak the truth some time, I don't do the circle jerk stuff unless there's an actual reason that circle jerk is warranted. This is why Patsfantx always balanced the board out nicely with his unbiased views. I wonder where he went, why he left?

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4310023]This is why Patsfantx always balanced the board out nicely with his unbiased views. I wonder where he went, why he left?[/QUOTE]

I think he is permanently on the IR with perforated Bowles. :yes: