Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I was at Giants/Jets game... Heres my view on Sanchez

i was also at this game, in sec 302, directly behind the end zone. it was all 22 angle and can agree Mark missed several open guys... that was before he imploded with fumbles, ints and running out the back of the end zone.

I don't have a problem with Mark developing and I like him as a person.

...but I have a problem when he's taking up that much of the cap. The Jets should ask for him to take a pay cut or walk, like Alex Smith did a few years back.

I don't understand what is so rare about his set of skills that they need to cut him a 2,750,000$ check in March, for the right to pay him over 10 million dollars in salary next year. Why?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4296185]i was also at this game, in sec 302, directly behind the end zone. it was all 22 angle and can agree Mark missed several open guys... that was before he imploded with fumbles, ints and running out the back of the end zone.

...but I have a problem when he's taking up that much of the cap. The Jets should ask for him to take a pay cut or walk, like Alex Smith did a few years back.

I don't understand what is so rare about his set of skills that they need to cut him a 2,750,000$ check in March, for the right to pay him over 10 million dollars in salary next year. Why?[/QUOTE]

Great question. Rex apparently likes him and he is one of his guys. He can do no wrong while REX is in charge.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ChadOwnsBrady;4296151]I'm saying that it's ridiculous that the media fawns over one like he's the Johnny U and talks about the other one like he is hepatitis. The bottom line is Mark Sanchez has improved exponentially every single year he's been in the league and the MTV esque impatience of NFL fans in regards to QBs is ridiculous. Rodgers got to sit 3 years, check out Brees' first few years, Eli's first few years were similar to Sanchez. Almost every QB not named Peyton Manning has had growing pains through his early period, Sanchez is not being given a fair shake.[/QUOTE]

Fair Shake? The guy is highly paid to win! Have you seen the last two games against the Eagles and Giants? You want fair? Lets just win a Super Bowl and I do not care which QB is at the helm! Thats fair!

All League
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;4295945]First of all this was the first live game I've been to this year. [b]I got great seats mid-field 9 rows up. I've watch every game this year on TV but seeing a live game this year is very disturbing[/b] on Sanchez's developement over the last 3 years.

1. His field vision is poor... [/QUOTE]

Talk about poor field vision - you sat 9 rows up from the field and discovered all this mind-changing stuff about Sanchez you didn't see all year on tv?

All that action, timing, positioning, separation you calculated more accurately from a low-angle field level view?

[QUOTE]You can already tell the fan base and this board turning against Sanchez. [b]Well I've turned a LONGGGGG time ago.[/b] [/QUOTE]

Oh, now you admit you had this opinion of Sanchez "a LONGGGGG time ago" ...

Okaaaay.

Some very valid points by the op but dont see any mention of how outright atrocious the pass protection has been all year. Not for nothing but getting pounded all year sure doesn't help any qb's out at all. Don't believe me take a look at what Brady has done with pressure. Truth be told Brady has never taken the amount of shots Sanchez has this year. I am impressed he didn't miss any time the way he got crushed this ear.

JET FANS ARE THE WORST!!!!

All League
    [QUOTE=LanceMehl;4296259]Some very valid points by the op but dont see any mention of how outright atrocious the pass protection has been all year. Not for nothing but getting pounded all year sure doesn't help any qb's out at all. Don't believe me take a look at what Brady has done with pressure. Truth be told Brady has never taken the amount of shots Sanchez has this year. I am impressed he didn't miss any time the way he got crushed this ear.[/QUOTE]

^All that truth has been said a million times ...

Facts, logic, reasoning - goes nowhere with these haters.
    Last edited by jetrider; 12-28-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4296266]JET FANS ARE THE WORST!!!![/QUOTE]

Welcome O5, they've been waiting. :D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4296000]Maybe those "vanilla plays" are all this QB can handle right now[/QUOTE]

And look at the results.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=LanceMehl;4296259]Some very valid points by the op but dont see any mention of how outright atrocious the pass protection has been all year. Not for nothing but getting pounded all year sure doesn't help any qb's out at all. Don't believe me take a look at what Brady has done with pressure. Truth be told Brady has never taken the amount of shots Sanchez has this year. I am impressed he didn't miss any time the way he got crushed this ear.[/QUOTE]He did mention that the pass protection was pretty good for this game.

Bit raises the best point. Rework the deal, and then perform, or see a real backup take your job.

Hunter has allowed 22 sacks plus 6 knockdowns=28!!! Moore hasn't allowed him
    to hit the ground once.Ferguson has allowed a few sacks too..maybe that is why he gets nervous and looks at one receiver cause he doesn't feel he has time to check down and when he does he rushes his throws and are inaccurate? What he needs to do is correct the little things like how to take a snap correctly as Namath suggested in training camp and throw the damn ball away instead o taking coverage sacks or forcing it in that has been leading to int's. If Tanny does his job and secures an excellent RT and Mark works on his next year's O will be much improved.

All League
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4296311]He did mention that the pass protection was pretty good for this game.[/QUOTE]

He can say want he wants.

The truth is, Sanchez was sacked 5 times, chased out of the pocket countless times, and pressured throughout the game.

Those are the facts. The OL sucked; the pass protection blew.

Guess the OP couldn't see that either from his restricted-view seat behind the bench.

[QUOTE]Rework the deal, and then perform, or see a real backup take your job.[/QUOTE]

If everyone around Sanchez did their jobs properly, your point would be valid.

But the reality is, not everyone is producing. And it's not Sanchez's fault that he's not given the proper conditions to succeed.

It's simply not his fault.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4296185]i was also at this game, in sec 302, directly behind the end zone. it was all 22 angle and can agree Mark missed several open guys... that was before he imploded with fumbles, ints and running out the back of the end zone.

I don't understand what is so rare about his set of skills that they need to cut him a 2,750,000$ check in March, for the right to pay him over 10 million dollars in salary next year. Why?[/QUOTE] I was in 142

[QUOTE=jetrider;4296255]Talk about poor field vision - you sat 9 rows up from the field and discovered all this mind-changing stuff about Sanchez you didn't see all year on tv?

All that action, timing, positioning, separation you calculated more accurately from a low-angle field level view?

Oh, now you admit you had this opinion of Sanchez "a LONGGGGG time ago" ...

Okaaaay.[/QUOTE] LOL please search some of my posts NEWB before you make coments. Everyone knows I disliked Sanchez and even some called me a Sanchez basher early this season. There are just some things you can't see on TV that you notice live. So why don't you go back to sucking off Sanchez TROLL.

[QUOTE=jetrider;4296346]He can say want he wants.

The truth is, Sanchez was sacked 5 times, chased out of the pocket countless times, and pressured throughout the game.

Those are the facts. The OL sucked; the pass protection blew.

Guess the OP couldn't see that either from his restricted-view seat behind the bench.

If everyone around Sanchez did their jobs properly, your point would be valid.

But the reality is, not everyone is producing. And it's not Sanchez's fault that he's not given the proper conditions to succeed.

It's simply not his fault.[/QUOTE] Again, watch the game live and see who was open and who was not. You will see how guys are open and Mark's not looking their way. He is holding on to the ball way too long and getting sacked. Bitoni will tell you, he was at the game. There were many plays Mark just stared at 1 reciever while other guys were getting open. Just staring until the pass rush is in his face or until he gets sacked. Basicly you are saying if Brees was playing this game he would get sacked 5 times and get 8 passes batted down and throw 2 INT's and countless other mistakes and low completion percentage? RIGHTTTTT blame everyone else and not your boyfriend. Very objective NEWB

All League
    [QUOTE=Rex Ryan;4295945]First of all this was the first live game I've been to this year. I got great seats mid-field 9 rows up. I've watch every game this year on TV but seeing a live game this year is very disturbing on Sanchez's developement over the last 3 years.

1. His field vision is poor... He does not scan the field and locks onto his reviecer a lot. It seems to me that the game is too fast for him. He has that I looked one way I better throw cause I wont have time to look the other way... even though the Jets did a good job protecting him this game. He rarely looks deep. There were a few plays where there was a wide open Jet down the field but Sanchez failed to see him. This is caused by both his poor field vision and locking on a single player when he snaps the ball. There was a play in the second half Kerley made a nice outside in move 20 yards down the field. He was wide open and instead Sanchez did not see him and dumped the ball off to Keller. If you did not see this game live then you couldn't have catch this. There was another play where it was a play action roll out to the right and they had Keller coming across the field from left to right and he was absolutely wide open. You could hear everyone including me yelling... throw the F@&%ing ball idiot. He finally sees him at the very last second when the Giants defense already corrected their mistake and the ball was nearly INT but luckily batted down.

[/quote]

This isn't an offense where you have time to survey the field. A lot of the routes are merely clearing routes to try and open up the lower half of the field. A lot of it has to do with his protection this year as we did not see the issues last year this exponentially.

Also wtf are you talking about he had protection? He was running for his life all day. Are you sure you were at the game? Happen to see a player named Jason Pierre Paul? He's pretty good

[quote] 2. Poor acuracy... Man, some of the throws he makes were absolutely atrocious. There was one play that suck out of my mind in the first half where [B]LT[/B] came out of the back field and up the left sideline and the guy next to me said "ohhh he got him." The reason being was that [B]LT[/B] had his man beat by 3 steps and Sanchez was looking that way, throws the ball and we all thought LT was going to atleast have a huge gain.. Well it was over thrown by 5 yards. There were countless plays where Sanchez threw it behind, or over recievers where we would normally see a above average QB make that play routinely. Maybe even an average QB make on a consistant basis so watching those passes miss it was almost unreal. Just look at his completion %. When you throw as much short passes and dink and dunks you would expect a guy to have a higher % than others but he has one of the lowest? Unreal [/quote]

Again, are you sure you were at the game? It wasn't LT it was McKnight. And 59 drop backs gives you the tendency to have a low completion percentage unless you have Brees Rogers or Brady.

[quote] 3. Poor pocket awareness... This is mainly due to poor field vision. I'm tired of posts about how the Jets should have the best OL in the NFL. This just doen't happen every year. There are plenty of QB's who have had more sucess in the past with less of a OL than Sanchez did this year. He holds onto the ball for way too long. He cannot feel the rush and move around in the pocket as well as other QB's. He is almost a deer caught in the headlights. You can see him shaking and undecisive after the player he locked in on is covered. The biggest sign is his passes that get batted down/tipped at the line... WOW WAS THERE MANY OF THOSE THIS GAME. I counted about 8 of them but there might be more between bathroom breaks and the food runs. I know some here says hes short, and obviously compared to Eli Sanchez looks short/smaller than Eli but Drew Brees is a tiny man. I think hes 5-11 not like his listed 6-0 and Brees does not get as many batted passes as Sanchez... [B]Only one way to explain it. Poor pocket awareness.[/B]

That's the most retarded thing I've heard in awhile. Go ahead and watch how far back Brees drops and watch how his linemen open up passing lanes through protection packages. Sean Payton has been on record saying how he had to alter all of these to have the production out of Brees that he has.

Then again seeing as how observant you are by this post I wouldn't expect you to see anything at all so why bother...

Practice Squad
    Big difference without Edwards in there this year. You all forget the good deep throws he is capable of without him a player who hustles.

I never see these open guys on TV? So I guess every director assigned to Jet games, where the biggest story all year has been that the Jets need Sanchez to improve, has missed the opportunity to provide the commentators with shots of these open receivers? And the professional sports media has missed it as well?

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4296503]I never see these open guys on TV? So I guess every director assigned to Jet games, where the biggest story all year has been that the Jets need Sanchez to improve, has missed the opportunity to provide the commentators with shots of these open receivers? And the professional sports media has missed it as well?[/QUOTE]

It is a rarity to see open guys.....I swear the receivers run to try and find the nearest defender in our passing design....

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4296455]This isn't an offense where you have time to survey the field. A lot of the routes are merely clearing routes to try and open up the lower half of the field. A lot of it has to do with his protection this year as we did not see the issues last year this exponentially.

Also wtf are you talking about he had protection? He was running for his life all day. Are you sure you were at the game? Happen to see a player named Jason Pierre Paul? He's pretty good

Again, are you sure you were at the game? It wasn't LT it was McKnight. And 59 drop backs gives you the tendency to have a low completion percentage unless you have Brees Rogers or Brady.

[quote] 3. Poor pocket awareness... This is mainly due to poor field vision. I'm tired of posts about how the Jets should have the best OL in the NFL. This just doen't happen every year. There are plenty of QB's who have had more sucess in the past with less of a OL than Sanchez did this year. He holds onto the ball for way too long. He cannot feel the rush and move around in the pocket as well as other QB's. He is almost a deer caught in the headlights. You can see him shaking and undecisive after the player he locked in on is covered. The biggest sign is his passes that get batted down/tipped at the line... WOW WAS THERE MANY OF THOSE THIS GAME. I counted about 8 of them but there might be more between bathroom breaks and the food runs. I know some here says hes short, and obviously compared to Eli Sanchez looks short/smaller than Eli but Drew Brees is a tiny man. I think hes 5-11 not like his listed 6-0 and Brees does not get as many batted passes as Sanchez... [B]Only one way to explain it. Poor pocket awareness.[/B]

That's the most retarded thing I've heard in awhile. Go ahead and watch how far back Brees drops and watch how his linemen open up passing lanes through protection packages. Sean Payton has been on record saying how he had to alter all of these to have the production out of Brees that he has.

Then again seeing as how observant you are by this post I wouldn't expect you to see anything at all so why bother...[/QUOTE]

STOP! He is not fricki'n Drew Brees and couldn't carry his bag. All the homers shout ...but, but ..Drew Brees..Wtf makes you think Mark Sanchez is Drew Brees??? Because he is vertically challenged and has shotty for an OC??? Grow up and watch the kid play, he just isn't showing any signs of being much better then his rookie year..maybe, just maybe, he is what you see...a guy who isn't going much further.