Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wins these five games?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Who wins these five games?

NYJ @ MIA 1:00 Jets
    TEN @ HOU 1:00 texans
    BAL @ CIN 4:00 Bung :steamin:
    KC @ DEN 4:00 chiefs
    SD @ OAK 4:00 raiders
    Last edited by jeT.MAC; 12-28-2011 at 12:31 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4296351]NYJ @ MIA 1:00 Jets
    BAL @ CIN 1:00 Bung :steamin:
    SD @ OAK 4:00 raiders[/QUOTE]

I think Bengals lose but so do the Texans.

If we're alive at 4:15 I think we're making it is how I'm looking at it.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296352]I think Bengals lose but so do the Texans.

If we're alive at 4:15 I think we're making it is how I'm looking at it.[/QUOTE]

I think we only need 2 teams to lose to make it in from what i understand from espn...i think we have a couple ways into the playoffs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4296351]NYJ @ MIA 1:00 Jets
    BAL @ CIN 1:00 Bung :steamin:
    SD @ OAK 4:00 raiders[/QUOTE]

I honestly think if we win everything else will fall into place...its just a feeling..aka the playoff whisperer :D

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4296356]I think we only need 2 teams to lose to make it in from what i understand from espn...i think we have a couple ways into the playoffs[/QUOTE]

you're wrong. we need 3/4 to happen.
    titans lose
    bengals lose
    and either broncos lose or raiders lose

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sexi Rexi;4296360]you're wrong. we need 3/4 to happen.
    titans lose
    bengals lose
    and either broncos lose or raiders lose[/QUOTE]

Yep, the Jets official twitter posted the same as this yesterday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Sexi Rexi;4296360]you're wrong. we need 3/4 to happen.
    titans lose
    bengals lose
    and either broncos lose or raiders lose[/QUOTE]

this is correct.

if we make it to the 4 o'clock games still alive, then i really like our chances.

but that's a big IF.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4296366]this is correct.

if we make it to the 4 o'clock games still alive, then i really like our chances.

but that's a big IF.[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad i thought it was just 2 but t3 is tough but i think all the teams we need to lose will texans want to go in with some momentum and the ravens are coming in hot and for homefield? and i think the chargers arent gonna lose 2 times this season to the raiders...We just have to WIN our game first i think then its gonna be a fist clenching day and if we get in i will pray the hardest for the giants to lose and miss out...oh how great this would be.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4296351]NYJ @ MIA 1:00 MIAMI
    TEN @ HOU 1:00 TEXANS
    BAL @ CIN 1:00 RAVENS
    KC @ DEN 4:00 DENVER
    SD @ OAK 4:00 SAN DIEGO[/QUOTE]

Jets miss out with a bad loss to the Dolphins. At least this time it wont be Chad Pennington floaters in week 17 that beats them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYJ @ MIA 1:00 MIAMI - I think the Jets will win this one. Rex will have them amped up!

TEN @ HOU 1:00 TEXANS - Houston's got nothing to play for. And no QB, anyway. Sadly, the Titans win and knock us out

BAL @ CIN 1:00 RAVENS - Ravens all the way. I'm no Flacco fan, but I think the Balt D will do to Dalton something similar to what they did to Sanchez. Will be ugle.

KC @ DEN 4:00 DENVER - who cares, but Tebow is so putrid I can see him costing them games. Here's one?

SD @ OAK 4:00 SAN DIEGO - I think SD is a good team in disguise.

Point is, one of Den or Oak will lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4296372]Oh my bad i thought it was just 2 but t3 is tough but i think all the teams we need to lose will texans want to go in with some momentum and the ravens are coming in hot and for homefield? and i think the chargers arent gonna lose 2 times this season to the raiders...We just have to WIN our game first i think then its gonna be a fist clenching day and if we get in i will pray the hardest for the giants to lose and miss out...oh how great this would be.:yes:[/QUOTE]

i of course hope the jets make it....but something tells me the ball will bounce their way and they will lose a stinker.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cornfed;4296380]NYJ @ MIA 1:00 MIAMI - I think the Jets will win this one. Rex will have them amped up!

TEN @ HOU 1:00 TEXANS - Houston's got nothing to play for. And no QB, anyway. Sadly, the Titans win and knock us out

BAL @ CIN 1:00 RAVENS - Ravens all the way. I'm no Flacco fan, but I think the Balt D will do to Dalton something similar to what they did to Sanchez. Will be ugle.

KC @ DEN 4:00 DENVER - who cares, but Tebow is so putrid I can see him costing them games. Here's one?

Point is, one of Den or Oak will lose.[/QUOTE]

This is 100% how I see it.

If we're alive at 4:15 I think we're in GREAT shape.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4296403]i of course hope the jets make it....but something tells me the ball will bounce their way and they will lose a stinker.[/QUOTE]

I hope Not but i think we know whats at hand and we take care of our business its just going to be us on a plane waiting for the news and the JETS finally get some good news after the afternoon games...I think the Texans would not like to lose 4 in a row or 3 in row or whatever is going on there but i think there run game is too much for tenn to handle...plus andre is back gives another target and owen damiels has been playing great...Tebow "is who we thought he was" and loses the game for them and this might be norvs last game in SD before being fired and its a statement game for him in an F U fasion beating up on the raiders...so hence we get in that is if we take care of our end...But it might be wishful thinking but i think its gonna happen and we get in and when we do its going to be something crazy to watch either play great play awful and win a game or 2 by a field goal and either way shotty gets canned...

and we start doing wild moves (or smart whatever way you look at it) Cut plax cut LT get a big named free agent and just try to surround Sanchez with as much talent as possible and hopefully this team responds...oh and did i mention we need all new DBS minus Rev and Cro and harris but scott might be gone or role diminished and go draft day crazy in april...But i truly believe that Mcelroy will be a great BAck up and or take a few snaps if we dont get help for Mark Sanchez on the line cause he will get killed eventually...Sorry for the long post but i really think we are gonna get in and something wild might happen...if not Wild Personal changes will happen.:yes:

PS Kyle Orton is playing his own super bowl Sunday and show what they really let go and they win that game hands down!
    Last edited by BigJet85; 12-28-2011 at 01:09 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It does not matter. The Jets will loose to Miami on sunday. The Jets just suck right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cornfed;4296380]NYJ @ MIA 1:00 MIAMI - I think the Jets will win this one. Rex will have them amped up!

Point is, one of Den or Oak will lose.[/QUOTE]

Solid predictions. I too think Rex will have the boys amped up for the Sanchize Bowl agsint the fins. The Titans are a solid team and based on the Texans last two losses, it's hard to imagine a Texan win, but I pray that Phillips return inspires his team to post a shutout. If that happens I like the chances of either a KC or SD "upset" road win.

BTW, if the Jets just happen to sneak into the playoffs through the back door, They'll get the Texans in round 1 -- the only team they've got a chance of beating, then the Pats in round 2. I think the Pats would kill the Jets, but I guarantee the Jets are the last team BB and TB want to see because it creates too many distractions.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 12-28-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything depends on Titans/Texans. Good chance they may choke. Read somewhere that Texans would either play us or Titans and prefer us. :(

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4296560]Everything depends on Titans/Texans. Good chance they may choke. Read somewhere that Texans would either play us or Titans and prefer us. :([/QUOTE]

You never want a division rival in the playoffs. they know you too well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teams don't lose to set up favorable playoff matchups.
    Many things are in the Jets favor believe it or not.

Texans have lost 2 in a row! Phillips is back & Kubiak needs a win to set this ship right. You do not want to enter the playoffs on a 3 game skid...not good for a 1st year playoff teams convidence. Texans going all out.

Ravens are still playing for position in playoffs including home playoff games. Ravens are a seasoned bunch & the taste of that whooping they took in San Diego still needs to be expunged. Dalton & his young receivers will feel the heat of a must win game.

Raiders are playing their hated rivals the Chargers. Do not for one minute think that Norv doesn't want to go out a winner. Rivers always comes to play & can beat any team if he plays well.

Broncos get to face the QB they jettisoned in Kyle Orton. Paybacks a b*tch. KC has a decent defense. Hell they beat the Packers so of course they have a chance. Broncos are still licking their wounds from a Buffalo trouncing and are still without Dawkins, who seems to be a huge missing puzzle in that defense. Also, the players LOVE Romeo Crennel & might be playing for this
    his job.

Toughest part of Sunday............beating the Fins. Jets D gets a huge break with Long out, allowing the Jets mediocre pass rush to rush Moore into bad throws. Defense will win this game as long as offense has no turnovers.

Then we sit in front of the TV on Sunday night & watch the Giants get ousted from the playoffs.
    Last edited by jetster; 12-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;4296570]Ravens are still playing for position in playoffs including home playoff games.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. A win for the is a difference between a 5 seed and a 2 seed.

And...if by some miracle, the Bills beat the Pats....a win would give them the 1 seed. That is plenty for Baltimore to play for.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NYJ @ MIA 1:00 [B]Dolphins[/B]
    TEN @ HOU 1:00 [B]Titans[/B]
    BAL @ CIN 4:00 [B]Ravens[/B]
    KC @ DEN 4:00 [B]Chiefs[/B]
    SD @ OAK 4:00 [B]Chargers[/B]

That's how I sees it.

After we beat Washington, I thought we'd smoke the Chiefs then lose our final three games. My gut has been right so far. :(