Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the Sanchez haters...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All the Sanchez haters...

The Jets have allowed the third-most sacks (37) this season. Sanchez has been sacked nine times in the past two weeks.

Case in point

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    does sanchez deserve to go to the pro bowl...no...but he has been getting mauled by Defenses nd has 30 Tds this year...not too shabby

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4297077][B]does sanchez deserve to go to the pro bowl[/B]...no...but he has been getting mauled by Defenses nd has 30 Tds this year...not too shabby[/QUOTE]

Neither does Tim Tebow as an alternate... yeeeeeesh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez takes more sacks than other QBs cause he holds the ball longer.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...because his WR's don't create separation or run clean routes...

6 of 1 or half dozen of another...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you are saying he holds the ball too long eh? ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do I have to keep correcting false stats today?

Jets are 21st in sacks allowed. Or 13th most sacks allowed.

Also have allowed just 20th most QB hits, which suggests that sacks may be issue of QB not getting rid of ball.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&qualified=true&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4296474]The Jets have allowed the third-most sacks (37) this season. Sanchez has been sacked nine times in the past two weeks.

Case in point[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bitonti;4297306]Sanchez takes more sacks than other QBs cause he holds the ball longer.[/QUOTE]

@Shark99, You sir got pwned.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4297422]@Shark99, You sir got pwned.[/QUOTE]

Overall, I think all of us JETS fans got pwned the moment Rex decided to NOT fire Schitty upon his arrival.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vin;4297433]Overall, I think all of us JETS fans got pwned the moment Rex decided to NOT fire Schitty upon his arrival.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

What makes matters worse is I have to see Marty walking up and down the Jets sideline during the games as well.

They both need to go ASAP.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4297306]Sanchez takes more sacks than other QBs cause he holds the ball longer.[/QUOTE]

and does this sloppy shuffle going backwards which is so terrible fundamentally. I mean you can't get anything on the ball throwing it after he does that. I don't know why he doesn't step up in the pocket. He has terrible pocket awareness this season. The past 2 seasons his pocket awareness was a lot better than it was this year. I guess he's gotten rattled and shaken by all the hits he's gotten.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, too bad Wayne Hunter can't hold his blocks that long....:)

Some sacks are on the QB but c'mon we have all seen Hunter ole DL all year long...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4297405]Why do I have to keep correcting false stats today?

Jets are 21st in sacks allowed. Or 13th most sacks allowed.

Also have allowed just 20th most QB hits, which suggests that sacks may be issue of QB not getting rid of ball.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&qualified=true&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT[/url][/QUOTE]

Do not know where you get your info from but every place i see shows Sanchez tied for 3rd with being sacked 37 times.....

Only Alex Smith...41 and
    Big Ben..............38 have been sacked more often....Other teams who have QB's injured or have had 2 or 3 different starters may have given up more sacks total.....
    Last edited by jetsmetsrangers; 12-28-2011 at 06:55 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4297476]Do not know where you get your info from but every place i see shows Sanchez tied for 3rd with being sacked 37 times.....

Only Alex Smith...41 and
    Big Ben..............38 have been sacked more often....Other teams who have QB's injured or have had 2 or 3 different starters may have given up more sacks total.....[/QUOTE]

I did include a link, here it is again

[url]http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&qualified=true&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKS_ALLOWED[/url]

I also trust you are correct that only two others have been sacked more, but what's much more relevant is sacks allowed by the team. Lots of team that have allowed more sacks than Jets have used multiple QBs. And Jets are tied for 12th most.

Interestingly they are tied with the Packers, who have a decent passing offense. And somewhat surprisingly (to me at least) Jets have six more passing attempts than Packers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry bout that[QUOTE=jpoppy7;4297535]I did include a link, here it is again

[url]http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=OFFENSIVE_LINE&role=TM&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&archive=false&d-447263-p=1&qualified=true&d-447263-s=PASSING_SACKS_ALLOWED[/url]

I also trust you are correct that only two others have been sacked more, but what's much more relevant is sacks allowed by the team. Lots of team that have allowed more sacks than Jets have used multiple QBs. And Jets are tied for 12th most.

Interestingly they are tied with the Packers, who have a decent passing offense. And somewhat surprisingly (to me at least) Jets have six more passing attempts than Packers.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, i did see your link after posting.....I was surprise how some teams have given up over 50.....Good reason that some of those QB's were not around for all their games.....

Jets probably have more ATT than the Packers because the Pack is rarely behind while the Jets seem to make a habit of falling behind....:cool:

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Shark99;4296474]The Jets have allowed the third-most sacks (37) this season. Sanchez has been sacked nine times in the past two weeks.

Case in point[/QUOTE]

And yet, Aaron Rodgers has been sacked ONCE less than Sanchez, and is the best QB in the league.

If you're basing Sanchez's performance on this stat, your attempt at some sort of rationalization fails miserably.

If you want stats as to why some of us aren't all "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" when it comes to Sanchez, here's some you may enjoy.

1. Sanchez has the most lost fumbles out of any PLAYER in the league with 8.
    2. Sanchez has the 27th worst completion % in the league.
    3. Sanchez is 28th in avg pass yds per completion. <Cough>Checkdowns<Cough>.
    4. Sanchez is 7th in interceptions thrown.

Now, I'm not saying this is all Sanchez's fault. The line, receivers and play calling do have their place in this, but the fact is, Sanchez isn't anywhere near as good of a QB as some of you are touting him to be. I wish there was a stat for most overthrown/missed open receivers cause I'm betting Sanchez would be in the top 5 of that category. Speaking of that...I just noticed that Sanchez has only had 2...TWO...pass plays over 40 yards, all year. Dead last in the league. And I don't want to hear "our receivers don't get enough separation". I remember quite a few plays where we had a receiver deep, and open, just to have Sanchez over/under throw the pass. McKnight was the most recent example, this past Sunday. He had that LB beat and Mark clearly overthrew him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Irish Pride;4297572]And yet, Aaron Rodgers has been sacked ONCE less than Sanchez, and is the best QB in the league.

If you're basing Sanchez's performance on this stat, your attempt at some sort of rationalization fails miserably.

If you want stats as to why some of us aren't all "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens" when it comes to Sanchez, here's some you may enjoy.

Now, I'm not saying this is all Sanchez's fault. The line, receivers and play calling do have their place in this, but the fact is, Sanchez isn't anywhere near as good of a QB as some of you are touting him to be. I wish there was a stat for most overthrown/missed open receivers cause I'm betting Sanchez would be in the top 5 of that category. Speaking of that...I just noticed that Sanchez has only had 2...TWO...pass plays over 40 yards, all year. Dead last in the league. And I don't want to hear "our receivers don't get enough separation". I remember quite a few plays where we had a receiver deep, and open, just to have Sanchez over/under throw the pass. McKnight was the most recent example, this past Sunday. He had that LB beat and Mark clearly overthrew him.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is gawd awfull.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4297575]Sanchez is gawd awfull.[/QUOTE]

Who do we get to replace him? F'n McElroy? :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Irish Pride;4297572]And yet, Aaron Rodgers has been sacked ONCE less than Sanchez, and is the best QB in the league.

Now, I'm not saying this is all Sanchez's fault. The line, receivers and play calling do have their place in this, but the fact is, Sanchez isn't anywhere near as good of a QB as some of you are touting him to be. I wish there was a stat for most overthrown/missed open receivers cause I'm betting Sanchez would be in the top 5 of that category. Speaking of that...I just noticed that Sanchez has only had 2...TWO...pass plays over 40 yards, all year. Dead last in the league. And I don't want to hear "our receivers don't get enough separation". I remember quite a few plays where we had a receiver deep, and open, just to have Sanchez over/under throw the pass. McKnight was the most recent example, this past Sunday. He had that LB beat and Mark clearly overthrew him.[/QUOTE]

That is some ugly stuff there for sure.....Maybe i am just a homer or eternal optimist but there is some good also.....

With all those ulgy numbers there are some key stats in my mind that gives me hope he can and will get better.....

Jets are tied in 8th place with the Eagles for most offensives TDS with 38

Sanchez is tied in 8th with Rivers with 24 TD passes

Sanchez is #6 in the league in total TDS with 30...

I mean the kid has to be doing something right....Imagine if he cuts down on the mistakes and gets a little better protection and hopefully a fresh start under a new OC....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;4297587]That is some ugly stuff there for sure.....Maybe i am just a homer or eternal optimist but there is some good also.....

With all those ulgy numbers there are some key stats in my mind that gives me hope he can and will get better.....

Jets are tied in 8th place with the Eagles for most offensives TDS with 38

Sanchez is tied in 8th with Rivers with 24 TD passes

Sanchez is #6 in the league in total TDS with 30...

I mean the kid has to be doing something right....Imagine if he cuts down on the mistakes and gets a little better protection and hopefully a fresh start under a new OC....[/QUOTE]

damn rite...great post nd stats