Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan Conference on ESPN 2:15 EST

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's definitely thought provoking... I can't see them televising a regular Wednesday presser...

Where did you see/hear this announcement?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4296860]Exactly. Yea, Rex is good TV, but how often is he aired LIVE? They usually just take soundbytes from earlier on in the day.

Perhaps it's just the "fire schotty" trooper in me, but I think it could be some bigger news than just Rex's usual talk.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4296843]Ironically enough, his career so far with the Jets would actually prove that to be true, lol.[/QUOTE]
    Unfortunately, that bluster only works temporarily.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be something crazy like Holmes wants out or LT kicked Schotty in the nads. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=QBKilla52;4296861]It's definitely thought provoking... I can't see them televising a regular Wednesday presser...

Where did you see/hear this announcement?[/QUOTE]

It was announced on ESPN.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4296868]It was announced on ESPN.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I am watching ESPN2 and hadn't seen it...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=QBKilla52;4296871]Thanks! I am watching ESPN2 and hadn't seen it...[/QUOTE]

Oh you're watching The Skip Bayless Show...I mean First Take.

Seriously if they want him on so much, give him his own show.

I'm not supporting him by the way. I hate Bayless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They televised his Press conference last week.

I can still hope he's firing Schotty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4296857]Why is ESPN televising it though? They, to my knowledge, have not televised a Rex Ryan press conference before in the regular season.

Are they that desperate?[/QUOTE]

They are trying to create a story with Manning possibly coming to the Jets. They are going to ask Rex about Sanchez and if he thinks he is the long term solution. If you listened to Stephen A interview Rex yesterday you would see the direction they want to go. Also this morning on Mike and Mike they talked how Rex's comments were "controversial" because he commented on Manning.

Its all just a huge way to create a story where there isnt one. Its a slow week for ESPN with not a lot of story lines going into the last week of the regular season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296874]They televised his Press conference last week.

I can still hope he's firing Schotty.[/QUOTE]

I can understand them televising last week's because that was before a big game against the cross town rival and there was a lot at stake.

But this week? Not really.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4296880]They are trying to create a story with Manning possibly coming to the Jets. They are going to ask Rex about Sanchez and if he thinks he is the long term solution. If you listened to Stephen A interview Rex yesterday you would see the direction they want to go. Also this morning on Mike and Mike they talked how Rex's comments were "controversial" because he commented on Manning.

Its all just a huge way to create a story where there isnt one. Its a slow week for ESPN with not a lot of story lines going into the last week of the regular season.[/QUOTE]

A little Over the top isn't it to try and create a story?

It's only one week. If they do this in the offseason, it would make more sense.

But now? It doesn't make sense.

Plus there is no chance Manning goes to the Jets. The Jets have too many holes to fill right now. It's illogical. If this is true ESPN thinks we are idiots.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4296873]Oh you're watching The Skip Bayless Show...I mean First Take.

Seriously if they want him on so much, give him his own show.

I'm not supporting him by the way. I hate Bayless.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I am personally not a Skip guy...

I do like Stephen A though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296874]They televised his Press conference last week. I can still hope he's firing Schotty.[/QUOTE]

FWIW I'm hoping it's a really big announcement like "Brian Schottenheimer Is Leaving The New York Jets To Accept the Head Coaching Position of the Miami Dolphins. Effective Immediately."

That would mean the Jets would automatically win on Sunday & with a little help from Lady Luck the Titans, Bengals and all Raiders lose their respective games pushing the team into another post season run.

Either that or Cappy Tannenbaum got super drunk late last night & texted Braylon Edwards to stop by 1 JD today for a workout & a physical.

:sicko:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=QBKilla52;4296885]Agreed! I am personally not a Skip guy...

I do like Stephen A though.[/QUOTE]

The thing with Bayless is that he probably gets paid a ton for doing absolutely nothing. He doesnt write columns either online or in the paper anymore. He just expresses opinions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4296888]FWIW I'm hoping it's a really big announcement like "Brian Schottenheimer Is Leaving The New York Jets To Accept the Head Coaching Position of the Miami Dolphins. Effective Immediately."

That would mean the Jets would automatically win on Sunday & with a little help from Lady Luck the Titans, Bengals and all Raiders lose their respective games pushing the team into another post season run.

[B]Either that or Cappy Tannenbaum got super drunk late last night & texted Braylon Edwards to stop by 1 JD today for a workout & a physical.[/B]

:sicko:[/QUOTE]

That was another thought. Either they are firing Schotty or they signed Braylon Edwards back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4296883]A little Over the top isn't it to try and create a story?

It's only one week. If they do this in the offseason, it would make more sense.

But now? It doesn't make sense.[/QUOTE]

Watch, I guarantee the first 5 questions will be about Peyton Manning. Or at least the questions asked by the reporters covering the press conference for ESPN will be about Manning. Slow week, Jets struggling, Mark struggling, Rex willing to talk and say whats on his mind, perfect storm for the media to create something.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4296893]Watch, I guarantee the first 5 questions will be about Peyton Manning. Or at least the questions asked by the reporters covering the press conference for ESPN will be about Manning. Slow week, Jets struggling, Mark struggling, Rex willing to talk and say whats on his mind, perfect storm for the media to create something.[/QUOTE]

But for one week's worth? Again, if this took place in the offseason it would make more sense because you get slow news for a month or two.

It doesn't make logical sense to use those resources for such little output.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4296895]But for one week's worth? Again, if this took place in the offseason it would make more sense because you get slow news for a month or two.

It doesn't make logical sense to use those resources for such little output.[/QUOTE]

We will see shortly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4296892]That was another thought. Either they are firing Schotty or they signed Braylon Edwards back.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't think Woody would give the OK to "Fire Schotty" but letting him go for a HC position with Miami? Win-win for everybody there.

And if they re-signed Braylon, I'm going to get super drunk tonight and text my displeasure, yet I'll support the FO's decision in the hopes I am wrong about ole Produce-useless Edwards.

:D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;4296851]Presser about WHAT ???? STFU Rex, get yer arse in the film room and figure out a way to beat Miami !!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :steamin:[/QUOTE]

If you had any idea what you were talking about you'd realize how ridiculously stupid this was. Someone definitely needs to STFU though, you got that part right.