Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan Conference on ESPN 2:15 EST

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4296902]I honestly don't think Woody would give the OK to "Fire Schotty" but letting him go for a HC position with Miami? Win-win for everybody there.

And if they re-signed Braylon, I'm going to get super drunk tonight and text my displeasure, yet I'll support the FO's decision in the hopes I am wrong about ole Produce-useless Edwards.

:D[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't he have to interview with Miami first? If he did, that would be all over the news

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4296883]A little Over the top isn't it to try and create a story?

It's only one week. If they do this in the offseason, it would make more sense.

But now? It doesn't make sense.

Plus there is no chance Manning goes to the Jets. The Jets have too many holes to fill right now. It's illogical. If this is true ESPN thinks we are idiots.[/QUOTE]

Nothing is over the top for ESPN. There is an agenda for EVERYTHING they do, even the seemingly most insignificant things like televising a press conference.

ESPN picks and chooses the stories they want to make big, then they make them bigger.

I'm with sec.101row23 on this one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4296816]I agree. Want to televise him eating crow.

It is fun to speculate. Maybe they he is stepping down and Woody is announcing a 10 year extension with Schotty.[/QUOTE]

And bringing in Marty as Asst. HC.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex opens presser proclaiming that the Jets are early favorites to win Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans next year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4296816]I agree. Want to televise him eating crow.

It is fun to speculate. Maybe they he is stepping down and Woody is announcing a 10 year extension with Schotty.[/QUOTE]

LOL The tristate area will be a lot less crowed with all the mass suicides.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex says offseason priority number 1 is to extend Bart Scott's contract again for at least 3 more additional seasons.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4296926]Rex opens presser proclaiming that the Jets are early favorites to win Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans next year.[/QUOTE]

Then outlines a plan where a custom-built display case at MetLife will house holograms of the Lombardi Trophies he guaranteed with the Jets, and would have won with the Chargers, if given the opportunity and their talent.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex says "we need more slow, overachieving safties that can't cover and stuff like that."

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex says "I don't care what anybody says, I believe that we are the best football team in Morris County right now."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=aagarcia;4296741]fyi -televised. Don't know why or what about.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't he pretty much have one every day?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4296888]FWIW I'm hoping it's a really big announcement like "Brian Schottenheimer Is Leaving The New York Jets To Accept the Head Coaching Position of the Miami Dolphins. Effective Immediately."

That would mean the Jets would automatically win on Sunday & with a little help from Lady Luck the Titans, Bengals and all Raiders lose their respective games pushing the team into another post season run.

Either that or Cappy Tannenbaum got super drunk late last night & texted Braylon Edwards to stop by 1 JD today for a workout & a physical.

:sicko:[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't that be the other way around, considering Braylon's love for the almighty drink? ;)

I doubt it's to announce Braylon being signed or anything that crazy....but it would be nice... :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4296757]"If you were to give a letter grade to the job that offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer has done this season, what would it be?"[/QUOTE]

D-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sal Pal has been at Florham Park all day and just reported that Schitty is expected to be the scapegoat for the Jets' struggles.
    [QUOTE]
    According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, the "expectation" in New York is that OC Brian Schottenheimer will be the "scapegoat" for the Jets' regression on offense this season.

Schottenheimer has been a head-coaching candidate in previous years, but his stock is tumbling after unsuccessful attempts to turn the Jets' offense into a pass-heavy unit. Sal Pal suggested OL coach Bill Callahan as Schottenheimer's replacement. Callahan wouldn't change the scheme much, and would figure to implement a more ground-oriented attack to appease Rex Ryan. [/QUOTE]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Rex says, "My philosophy is that if you take out one of our guys, we're going to talk about taking out three of yours. And stuff like that."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont expect anything major here....

he could be coming out and saying he is sticking w his QB or just going to talk shop vs miami.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4296948]Sal Pal has been at Florham Park all day and just reported that Schitty is expected to be the scapegoat for the Jets' struggles.[/QUOTE]

this should of been done weeks ago, it may have salvaged our season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4296948]Sal Pal has been at Florham Park all day and just reported that Schitty is expected to be the scapegoat for the Jets' struggles.[/QUOTE]

A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4296860]Exactly. Yea, Rex is good TV, but how often is he aired LIVE? They usually just take soundbytes from earlier on in the day.

Perhaps it's just the "fire schotty" trooper in me, but I think it could be some bigger news than just Rex's usual talk.

Also, let's not forget that this is ESPN, AKA the Tebow Network. Why would they give Rex Ryan LIVE air-time when they could be discussing Tebow?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if the Jets asked them to televise it they would want to know why and I am sure ESPN would be speculating all over the place already. I am sure it is nothing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4296954]this should of been done weeks ago, it may have salvaged our season.[/QUOTE]

Weeks? WEEKS??

[B]THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE 2 YEARS AGO WHEN REX WAS HIRED!![/b]

He should've fired Schitty's ass then and brought in someone who knew what they were doing as OC.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Promote Callahan

Draft Trent Richardson/Michael Floyd

Fix the OL