Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Rex Ryan Conference on ESPN 2:15 EST

[QUOTE=McGinley;4297327]No.[/QUOTE]

Alrighty then. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Vin;4297362]Alrighty then. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4297359]Only thing that makes me feel ok about the Rex positive comments about Schotty is that he's the same guy who constantly praised Gholston, right up until about the time he was let go.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Why would anyone care if Rex is saying positive things about Schotty? Rex says positive things about literally anyone with any association to the color green.

He was giving that dog Gholston game balls while writing about how he was a gutless fraud in his book.

He knows what he's doing.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4297327]No.[/QUOTE]

Lol. No

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Schotty's last stand is this week.

Ain't no team gonna fire their OC, DC or HC with one game left to play. If they tank and don't make the playoffs, you can bet the presser next week will be different.

;)

[QUOTE=KR;4297158]Wow. Read this whole topic. What a bunch of terrible fans the Jets have.

Two AFC championship games last two years, Most Winning Coach in Jet History, and still may make the playoffs this season. And his own fans are making these comments? You guys should go be browns fans

....[/QUOTE]

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=anscochrome;4297622]Hey! I resemble that remark![/QUOTE]
    Welcome aboard!

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;4297624]Welcome aboard![/QUOTE]

Thank you kind sir! I am a friend of GoBigGreen's, and have been sharing his Jets misery for two years. Reading the rage here does take my mind off the wonderful soon to be 4-12 Browns:)

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=anscochrome;4297632]Thank you kind sir! I am a friend of GoBigGreen's, and have been sharing his Jets misery for two years. Reading the rage here does take my mind off the wonderful soon to be 4-12 Browns:)[/QUOTE]

Such a shame. I'm an old school guy, I remember Paul Warfield playing for Cleveland and Leroy Kelly too. Such a great and storied franchise to have been wallowing in the cellar of their division. I feel your pain.

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4296910]If you had any idea what you were talking about you'd realize how ridiculously stupid this was. Someone definitely needs to STFU though, you got that part right.[/QUOTE]

Wow dude. Sorry about that. :eek:

[QUOTE=chesapeakejet;4297636]Such a shame. I'm an old school guy, I remember Paul Warfield playing for Cleveland and Leroy Kelly too. Such a great and storied franchise to have been wallowing in the cellar of their division. I feel your pain.[/QUOTE]

Thank you again for the commiseration. I await what Holmgren will do, if anything, to clean up the horrible mess that is the Cleveland Browns. We have a sophomore quarterback (now IR) running for his life, with no OT, no backfield, and no receiving core. We can kick filed goals like it is nobodies business. Absolutely NO free agents moves made this year-none. And unlike Rex, a coach who is completely, for better or worse, anonymous.

We also had,IMO, one of the easiest, if not the softest schedule in the NFL this year, and will end up 4-12. Simply amazing. Yet-I will be back next year, with high hopes again. I have felt the close but no cigar pain you guys are experiencing now, in 2008 when the Browns had a 10-6, only to watch Tony Dungy totally tank the last game at the RCA Dome vs the Titans (you old namesake) right in front of the Colts fans (and thus keeping the Browns out of the playoffs) If I believed in Karma, I'd say the Colts are getting some Browns pain payback for that performance:)
    Last edited by anscochrome; 12-28-2011 at 10:00 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;4297624]Welcome aboard![/QUOTE]

Woah, a Ches sighting! Happy Holidays my friend!

[QUOTE=McGinley;4297107]Reporter: Is Brian's job security on the line against Miami?

Rex: No.

**** you, Rex.[/QUOTE]

All that means is that he has decided to fire him already. His job is not on the line because he lost it last week.

I can understand Rex defending his staff, no one wants a boss who throws people under the bus. But at this point there is absolutely no accountability! If the guy running the Offense and calling all the shots on Offense isn't accountable for the absolutely terrible Offensive play then who exactly is? He has never had a successful Offense and never designs plays around the players strengths, so what are we looking at here? Common sense would say that this should be Schotty's last season calling the shots on Offense but unfortunately with this management I fear that Schotty will never be shown the door and only leave when he is ready to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetrider;4297210]Was hoping for some major news myself - no idea what.

[B]Hate seeing Rex look so defeated[/B].

He'd rather blame himself than fire someone, so it might not ever happen.[/QUOTE]
    Yes but his unshaven wattle looked fabulous, didn't it?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4298065]Yes but his unshaven wattle looked fabulous, didn't it?[/QUOTE]

He should get that thing tucked.

I also think he has hit a plateau with the lap band.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=thebigragu;4297602]Lol. No[/QUOTE]
    Looked what the cat dragged in.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=hatnlvr;4298056]I can understand Rex defending his staff, no one wants a boss who throws people under the bus. But at this point there is absolutely no accountability! If the guy running the Offense and calling all the shots on Offense isn't accountable for the absolutely terrible Offensive play then who exactly is? He has never had a successful Offense and never designs plays around the players strengths, so what are we looking at here? Common sense would say that this should be Schotty's last season calling the shots on Offense but unfortunately with this management I fear that Schotty will never be shown the door and only leave when he is ready to go.[/QUOTE]
    It's also a poor reflection on Rex Ryan when he says how surprised he was at how many pass plays there were. Uh, Rex? Are you not the HEAD COACH!? Isn't the HEAD COACH ultimately responsible for what's being called on both sides of the ball?

That right there my friends illustrates how bad of a HEAD COACH Rex Ryan has been this year. If he can't resurrect himself from the pile of manure that he has fallen into, he may be the next guy to go (or at least should be).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=KR;4297158]Wow. Read this whole topic. What a bunch of terrible fans the Jets have.

Two AFC championship games last two years, Most Winning Coach in Jet History, and still may make the playoffs this season. And his own fans are making these comments? You guys should go be browns fans

Btw Rex will rarely if ever criticize or ever put down his players or coaches in the media. Its one of the reasons he was voted as one of the coaches players would love to play for. If you dont know this already(expecting him to criticize Schotty) you have not been paying attention the last few years. And that doesn't mean Schotty wont be fired this off season....[/QUOTE]

Oh please. The Christmas Eve Debacle was one of the worst regular season losses for the Jets in the last 5 years. It was a complete humiliation, culminating a series of embarrassments this year.

This week isn't about perspective. It's about venting.

So thanks, but no thanks.