Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's not Sanchez or Shotty, We just don't have Big Play Makers.

it's just schitty. both holmes and plax have enough talent to beat most db's in the league. it's up to the play to be called and executed to get them the ball. schitty doesn't call plays to win.

consider this, the jets did pretty well with moss, coles, chrebet becht and just about anyone else under herm. are the current receivers better or worse? they are better. keller has better hands than becht. homes may not have the speed of moss but he has better size and hands and plax has size. but coles, moss and chrbet did better because they had more coaching under hackjob and herm than the current guys are getting.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4297463]it's just schitty. both holmes and plax have enough talent to beat most db's in the league. it's up to the play to be called and executed to get them the ball. schitty doesn't call plays to win.

consider this, the jets did pretty well with moss, coles, chrebet becht and just about anyone else under herm. are the current receivers better or worse? they are better. keller has better hands than becht. homes may not have the speed of moss but he has better size and hands and plax has size. but coles, moss and chrbet did better because they had more coaching under hackjob and herm than the current guys are getting.[/QUOTE]

Receivers, strangely enough, can't produce when they're all bunched up within 15 yards of the LoS. :mad:

Jets have too many possession Wr's. Tone, Burress, Kerley , Turner... No deepthreats. sign Braylon

Sanchez is what he is...a middle if the pack quarterback. Shotty has too many bad games and should be gone however, the biggest problem with this team is the offensive line. What used to be the strength if the team is now a potential weakness.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4296905]I agree in general that they need a deep threat. But look at that Cruz play, Eli made a fantastic throw from his own end zone, a half second before getting crushed. In other words if the QB executes at a higher rate than 56%, there will be big plays.[/QUOTE]

What I learned watching is that you cannot go with the published stats, QBs get hurt for perfect passes that are dropped and for intelligent throwaways when no one is open. As I posted, Sanchez's first half was at least 75% and more if you allow for the other things not his fault. People focus on the slightly long throw to Mcknight and call him a bum. What about the 10 perfect executions before and the rest after that?

Second, and this was my real point, Sanchez can drill them in like Eli did, and we have players that can catch them like Cruz did. What we don't have is someone that AFTER the catch can do the double triple fakes, including that unbelievable hop over the tackler while stradling the line, and go 99 yards.

Same with Jacobs. His big runs should have been stopped shortly after the line. Greene would have been (although Greene looks like he will get there in the not too distant future.) But Jacobs has that explosive ability to turn short yardage into long like it's magic.

Westoff said it perfectly when reporters were going on about Mcknight's great performance on special teams. Westoff gave his wry smile and just said:

"yeah, but he hasn't broken a single tackle yet."

[QUOTE=Jungle Shift Jet;4297460]
    EDIT: A charitable cause was involved.

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/09/mark_sanchez_donates_25000_to.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

I didn't know that, and that's a real nice thing to do. Honestly it pains me to bash Mark Sanchez, cause I like Mark Sanchez as a person. I openly root for him to succeed in life. It just might not be in as a quarterback in New York. He might need a sports psychologist more an offensive coordinator.

[QUOTE=quantum;4297514]Receivers, strangely enough, can't produce when they're all bunched up within 15 yards of the LoS. :mad:[/QUOTE]

Great point quantum! I originally started the NFL Rewind review to see if our WRs were "doggin it" as everyone assumes. Fact is Shotty has everyone running short almost all of the time.

Another thing I noticed is that Sanchez almost always goes to his primary. You rarely see him hanging back like the veteran QBs do, sort of bobbing and waiting for someone to get free.

Now acknowledgement that he doesn't have that luxury due to our OLine may be a reason for the quick throws, but it doesn't give any incentives for the WRs to give him targets he won't even see or use.

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4297529]Jets have too many possession Wr's. Tone, Burress, Kerley , Turner... No deepthreats. sign Braylon[/QUOTE]

That's all they really need to do to get this Passing game going again.

I know it sounds too simple but it has a trickle-down effect as we've seen last year when it opened up Holmes to make more plays without having 2 or 3 guys in his area.

Get Braylon back and our offense can once again become an offense again.