Thread: Something to put the 68 dropbacks into perspective

Something to put the 68 dropbacks into perspective

The record for passing attempts is help by Drew Bledsoe with 70, only 2 rushing attempts and 0 sacks set in 1994.

6 of his attempts came in overtime, so he had a total of 66 dropbacks in regulation.

Brian Schottenheimer had Mark Sanchez drop back MORE TIMES THAN DREW BLEDSOE DID during regulation of the game with the most passing attempts by an NFL QB [B][COLOR="Red"]EVER[/COLOR][/B]. :eek:

How is this even possible? How has he not been fired on the spot. QBs in the NFL do not throw that much. I don't know where to find stats for dropbacks but we might have set the record for drop backs by a QB in regulation in any NFL game ever.

Source: Game VS Minn
    [url]http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbledsoe/2499683/gamelogs?season=1994[/url]

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296937]The record for passing attempts is help by Drew Bledsoe with 70, only 2 rushing attempts and 0 sacks set in 1994.

6 of his attempts came in overtime, so he had a total of 66 dropbacks in regulation.

Brian Schottenheimer had Mark Sanchez drop back MORE TIMES THAN DREW BLEDSOE DID during regulation of the game with the most passing attempts by an NFL QB [B][COLOR="Red"]EVER[/COLOR][/B]. :eek:

How is this even possible? How has he not been fired on the spot. QBs in the NFL do not throw that much. I don't know where to find stats for dropbacks but we might have set the record for drop backs by a QB in regulation in any NFL game ever.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbledsoe/2499683/gamelogs?season=1994[/url][/QUOTE]

WOW

how did Sanchez have 68 drop backs when he had 59 passing attempts?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4296960]how did Sanchez have 68 drop backs when he had 59 passing attempts?[/QUOTE]

I am assuming sacks, scrambles and INTs were accounted for.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4296960]how did Sanchez have 68 drop backs when he had 59 passing attempts?[/QUOTE]

Add in rushing attempts and sacks. Only one of Sanchez's rushing attempts that might have been planned was his bootleg and even that I'm unsure of being a pure designed run.

well either way... the amount of money Mark Sanchez makes, he should be expected to drop back 100 times a game. they are paying him all this money to hand the ball off? they could have kept Kellen Clemens for that job.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4296980]well either way... the amount of money Mark Sanchez makes, he should be expected to drop back 100 times a game. they are paying him all this money to hand the ball off? they could have kept Kellen Clemens for that job.[/QUOTE]
    Wow, you're so ridiculously off-base it's pathetic.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4296980]well either way... the amount of money Mark Sanchez makes, he should be expected to drop back 100 times a game. they are paying him all this money to hand the ball off? they could have kept Kellen Clemens for that job.[/QUOTE]

While I normally agree with you, this is just mindless.

So Peyton should drop back 90 times a game for the money he's making?

Same for Brady?

I don't even know what to think Palmer should do based on that trade! :eek:

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296997]While I normally agree with you, this is just mindless.

So Peyton should drop back 90 times a game for the money he's making?

Same for Brady?

I don't even know what to think Palmer should do based on that trade! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhh. Dont engage him with this stuff. He is just trolling with this stuff. Its the same stuff everyday with him. Ignore him.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296997]While I normally agree with you, this is just mindless.
    [/QUOTE]

im exaggerating.

but my question is why pay a dude 14 million dollars a year to coddle and protect him and complain that he is expected to pass too much? or that he can't pass more than 30x a game?

it's like complaining that Arod is expected to hit home runs. or that Amare is expected to hit jump shots.

damn right Sanchez is expected to complete passes. That's kinda what they pay him for. If he was Matt Moore and they paid him 600k i'd understand why they are gameplanning around him.

at a certain point he has to carry the team, or leave. Im tired of the bad manager routine.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4297007]im exaggerating.

but my question is why pay a dude 14 million dollars a year to coddle and protect him and complain that he is expected to pass too much? or that he can't pass more than 30x a game?

it's like complaining that Arod is expected to hit home runs. or that Amare is expected to hit jump shots.

damn right Sanchez is expected to complete passes. That's kinda what they pay him for. If he was Matt Moore and they paid him 600k i'd understand why they are gameplanning around him.

at a certain point he has to carry the team, or leave. Im tired of the bad manager routine.[/QUOTE]

Agree we shouldn't need to gameplay FOR him but having that little balance doesn't put him in a position to win.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296937]Brian Schottenheimer had Mark Sanchez drop back MORE TIMES THAN DREW BLEDSOE DID during regulation of the game with the most passing attempts by an NFL QB [B][COLOR="Red"]EVER[/COLOR][/B]. :eek:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/5/5/0/8/mother-god-meme.jpg[/IMG]

59 is the actual attempts, 5 sacks plus 4 scrambles = 68 called pass plays.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4297020]Agree we shouldn't need to gameplay FOR him but having that little balance doesn't put him in a position to win.[/QUOTE]

I think also what's getting overlooked about this game is that the few times the Jets ran - it WORKED and it worked well.

This was a one score game and the running game was working.

Why not run until they stop it?

What is the issue with you and what others make? My old man always told me, never look in someone's pocket, worry about you.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296937]The record for passing attempts is help by Drew Bledsoe with 70, only 2 rushing attempts and 0 sacks set in 1994.

[url]http://www.nfl.com/player/drewbledsoe/2499683/gamelogs?season=1994[/url][/QUOTE]

Simple math. All the incompletions, batted down balls, fumbles and other gaffes didn't take up much time.

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4296937]The record for passing attempts is help by Drew Bledsoe with 70, only 2 rushing attempts [B]and 0 sacks[/B] set in 1994.

70 dropbacks and ZERO sacks?!?!?!?!?!?!

And Bledsoe was the definition of statue. Who was on that offensive line? I hope they all got a bonus check for that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4296965]I am assuming sacks, scrambles and INTs were accounted for.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the OP and with your response as well.

If we factor all of which you suggest Sanchez was asked to drop back to practically [B][SIZE="3"]70 TIMES IN ONE GAME!!!!![/SIZE][/B]:eek::eek:

As I said the day it occured that you wouldn't and more importantly [B][SIZE="3"]COULDN'T[/SIZE][/B] play a game of Madden like that!!!!:rolleyes:

It is a DISGRACE!!!!:eek:

And for posters out here to somehow put this grotesque imbalance on Sanchez for [B][SIZE="3"]WHATEVER REASON[/SIZE][/B] is mindless and reeks of a pettiness beyond description...

Good Grief!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 12-28-2011 at 02:19 PM.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4297007]im exaggerating.

at a certain point he has to carry the team, or leave. Im tired of the bad manager routine.[/QUOTE]

There's a LONG way between 30 and 68.

The Packers, Saints, Patriots, and Colts (with Manning) don't throw the ball more than 40 times per game, on average. They have some of the greatest QBs of all-time and don't throw it 60 times.

Why? Because it's stupid. In the NFL, there has to be some semblance of balance in your offense, or you become too easy to defend, even if you have a historically great QB.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4297084]In the NFL, there has to be some semblance of balance in your offense, or you become too easy to defend, even if you have a historically great QB.[/QUOTE]

What if you drop back 68 times and 66 of them are designed to be under 20 yards?