Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 batted down passes, 2 interceptions, 1 lost fumble, 1 safety

[QUOTE=Jordy;4297085]That's what happens when you constantly design pocket plays for a 6' 2" QB. Sanchez needs to roll out more.[/QUOTE]

He did roll out and had PTurner wide open for a 10 yard gain but he held onto the ball and took the sack...But let's never blame the QB.

when I think about Mark Sanchez, i don't remember what he does well.

All League
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=fidelioion;4297220]Agree 100%.

The Giants did not play well. The Jets offense is just so entirely inept at this point, the offense the Jets showed the past two weeks is as bad as I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

You can say this about a number of games this year.

Denver, Balt, and the 2nd NE game come to mind.

Hell I'd even throw the Jags game in there. Lots of FGs and short drives. I think we had only about 275 total yards of offense that day and were pitiful on 3rd down conversions.

[QUOTE=Chupa;4297225]lucky? they were pretty obvious calls, nothing lucky about it. Eli was 9/27. Is that what you expect from a 32 year old "franchise" qb?[/QUOTE]

The tuck rule is the worst rule in football, everyone knows that. Sanchez was waving the ball around like a chicken with his head cut off and Tuck stripped him clean. It was a bad play by Mark and he was absolutely bailed out by the refs. But it was indicative of his play the entire 2nd half. Just absolutely clueless and a turnover waiting to happen.

Eli was also playing one of the top pass defenses in the league, Mark was facing the 30th ranked pass D. But Mark set the standard for playing poorly against a very low ranked pass D as evidenced by his mediocre efforts against the Pats (twice).

You can defend him all you want, but opposing QBs have torched the Giants and Pats pass Ds all season long. Sanchez had 3 tries and was unable to do it. He didn't even come close. That's not good, but keep spinning

Veteran
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4297295]when I think about Mark Sanchez, i don't remember what he does well.[/QUOTE]

At least you're honest about your lack of mental functioning.

[b]6 batted down passes, 2 interceptions, 1 lost fumble, 1 safety[/b]

[b]AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE!![/b]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4297292]He did roll out and had PTurner wide open for a 10 yard gain but he held onto the ball and took the sack...But let's never blame the QB.[/QUOTE]
    1 roll out out of 68 passing plays? And was it a rollout play or did he scramble out of the pocket? I don't recall.

Either way, 1 play is hardly a good argument to defend the crappy OC work.

When the wr is wide open and the ball gets tipped, thats annoying as heck. SIX in one game is[B] r e d i c u l o u s[/B]!!! that was crazy... ONE GAME!:steamin: