Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal Pal speculating Schotty will be fired

Sal Pal speculating Schotty will be fired

from rotoworld:

Jets Offense - TM - Jets

NEWS: According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, the "expectation" in New York is that OC Brian Schottenheimer will be the "scapegoat" for the Jets' regression on offense this season.

ANALYSIS: Schottenheimer has been a head-coaching candidate in previous years, but his stock is tumbling after unsuccessful attempts to turn the Jets' offense into a pass-heavy unit. Sal Pal suggested OL coach Bill Callahan as Schottenheimer's replacement. Callahan wouldn't change the scheme much, and would figure to implement a more ground-oriented attack to appease Rex Ryan.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I want an entirely new offense, sorry that won't do it for me.

It's starting to become clear that Schotty is finally going to go.

Sal Pal calling it scapegoating though, like they're wrongly putting the blame on him. He's been the OC for 6 years and they have been an average to below average offense throughout his entire tenure.

It's time to move on.

All League
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4297235]I want an entirely new offense, sorry that won't do it for me.[/QUOTE]
    If you have an offense the team already knows well, and the main gripe is poor playcalling, why not just promote a guy like Callahan to run the offense the way Rex wants it run? What would a new offense do besides stunt Sanchez's growth? Not much. Call more run plays, get rid of the stupid trickery, and the offense should be better.

Veteran
    Getting rid of Schotty isn't going to solve our ills if Rex is persistent on a conservative, take no chances offense.

Thank the lord. Cavanaugh NEEDS to go as well.

[QUOTE=GoBigGreen;4297243]Getting rid of Schotty isn't going to solve our ills if Rex is persistent on a conservative, take no chances offense.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's me but I get the sense Rex has almost nothing to do with current offense.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Salz;4297233]from rotoworld:

Jets Offense - TM - Jets

NEWS: According to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, the "expectation" in New York is that OC Brian Schottenheimer will be the "scapegoat" for the Jets' regression on offense this season.

ANALYSIS: Schottenheimer has been a head-coaching candidate in previous years, but his stock is tumbling after unsuccessful attempts to turn the Jets' offense into a pass-heavy unit. Sal Pal suggested OL coach Bill Callahan as Schottenheimer's replacement. Callahan wouldn't change the scheme much, and [B]would figure to implement a more ground-oriented attack to appease Rex Ryan.[/B][/QUOTE]

Good luck with that, Ryan. It doesn't/won't work.

We are doomed with this garbage even when Schotty is gone.

[QUOTE=Salz;4297233]from rotoworld:

Jets Offense - TM - Jets

ANALYSIS: Schottenheimer has been a head-coaching candidate in previous years, but his stock is tumbling after unsuccessful attempts to turn the Jets' offense into a pass-heavy unit. Sal Pal suggested OL coach Bill Callahan as Schottenheimer's replacement. Callahan wouldn't change the scheme much, and would figure to implement a more ground-oriented attack to appease Rex Ryan.[/QUOTE]

Isn't this just what Cimini wrote about the other day...It's Woody's way of finding a scapegoat for a non-playoff team

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4297235]I want an entirely new offense, sorry that won't do it for me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Xmas is long gone...

All League
    [QUOTE=Zombo;4297242]If you have an offense the team already knows well, and the main gripe is poor playcalling, why not just promote a guy like Callahan to run the offense the way Rex wants it run? What would a new offense do besides stunt Sanchez's growth? Not much. Call more run plays, get rid of the stupid trickery, and the offense should be better.[/QUOTE]

I agree with JetsWin. We need someone with an outside perspective. Someone that will come in and critique the Jets Offensive [U]philosophy, design and personnel[/U].

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Zombo;4297242]If you have an offense the team already knows well, and the main gripe is poor playcalling, why not just promote a guy like Callahan to run the offense the way Rex wants it run? What would a new offense do besides stunt Sanchez's growth? Not much. Call more run plays, get rid of the stupid trickery, and the offense should be better.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the team's offense is very good. I don't like the pass routes, I don't like the personnel packages, and the running plays are not early as successful as years past (where is the toss sweep?). A new coordinator, with an understanding of the team's QB's limitations and strengths can design something that will at least catch an opponent off guard.

How many times do the Jets roll out Sanchez with one WR in a route to that side? That's just one example of the stuff that drives me crazy, even something that is Sanchez' strength is not fully taken advantage of...Shotty has to go, along with his offense. Sanchez is a bright kid, he can learn a new offense, this is not rocket science.

Hall Of Fame
    It seems like a certainty that Schitty's gone if the Jets miss the playoffs. I just don't know if he's guaranteed to stay if they somehow do get in.

It's almost a lose-lose situation.

Hall Of Fame
    Entire offensive staff needs to be cleansed. Schotty, Cally and Cavy.

Hall Of Fame
    Monday? The sooner the better. I just can't wait much longer than one day.

i agree....

i wouldnt mind callahan as long as he implements his own system or alters the current system significantly.

but if he is simply going to inherit the current system and simply call run more, then that solves absolutely nothing. if that be the case we might as well keep schotty and let callahan call the plays.

I don't mind Callahan.

The system is not the problem. The play calling and the adjustments are the problems with Schotty.

Plus Sal Pal "Suggested" that he would be instated. That doesn't mean its going to happen.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297287]I don't mind Callahan.

The system is not the problem. The play calling and the adjustments are the problems with Schotty.[/QUOTE]

what if the system is the short quick timing routes...it mean it seems systematic to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Calling Schitty a "scapegoat" is like saying John Wilkes Booth was the scapegoat for the Lincoln assassination.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4297289]what if the system is the short quick timing routes...it mean it seems systematic to me.[/QUOTE]

We have seen the offense click at times in the system. The inconsistency of the playcalling is the key. Throwing on 3rd and 1's, and getting away from the run was his problem.

Run more to set up play action (which Sanchez is very good at), roll him out a bit and use the slant pattern. Slants are short quick timing routes too, you know.