Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal Pal speculating Schotty will be fired

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297302]We have seen the offense click at times in the system. The inconsistency of the playcalling is the key. Throwing on 3rd and 1's, and getting away from the run was his problem.

Run more to set up play action (which Sanchez is very good at), roll him out a bit and use the slant pattern. Slants are short quick timing routes too, you know.[/QUOTE]

of course slants are quick timing routes.

i take issue to the entire system. it is playing tit for tat yardage and is way too small ball for my liking. i'm all for timing routes, but the system predicates the jets simply will throw short more often then not and it simply doesn't work. teams dont respect the jets deep and it takes away the short routes big time.

we have a philosophical offensive problem, in combination with horrific playcalling.

They've got the plays. They need someone with awareness and a feel for the game. The ability to adjustments midgame. The current OC has none.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jman21;4297312]They've got the plays. They need someone with awareness and a feel for the game. The ability to adjustments midgame. The current OC has none.[/QUOTE]

Routes run short of the first down marker, routes designed to have multiple receivers in the vicinity of each other, etc., are not good plays.

The entire offensive staff and scheme needs an overhaul.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4297310]of course slants are quick timing routes.

i take issue to the entire system. it is playing tit for tat yardage and is way too small ball for my liking. i'm all for timing routes, but the system predicates the jets simply will throw short more often then not and it simply doesn't work. teams dont respect the jets deep and it takes away the short routes big time.

we have a philosophical offensive problem, in combination with horrific playcalling.[/QUOTE]

Didnt another team play the same style of offense last year and won 14 games?

Rex Ryan says blame should be on him, not quarterback or offensive coordinator

The Jets' 29-14 loss to the Giants on Christmas Eve turned offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and quarterback Mark Sanchez as the likely scapegoats if the Jets do not make the playoffs. But Rex Ryan said strongly today that the blame needs to be put only on him, the head coach.

Asked if Schottenheimer is coaching for his job this week, Ryan said, "No."

He then laughed, and continued his answer.

"I know Brian takes a ton of the heat, he's taken heat. Sanchez has taken heat," Ryan said. "I'm taking heat, thatís fine. It should be on me. It shouldnít be on coaches, payers or whatever. I'm the guy that said we were the better team and we werenít that day, so that should fall on me, the criticism should be on me. And trust me, I know a bunch of it is, and rightfully so."

Schottenheimer has been criticized for the Jets throwing 59 times, and calling a total of 68 pass plays, in the loss to the Giants. Ryan has explained that the numbers are a bit misleading, because they include two-minute situations, but he also said that will never happen again.

"There is no way we are throwing it 60 times (this week)," Ryan said. "I donít see us throwing the ball 60 times ever again. I donít think any of us could believe we threw it that many times. I couldnít."

At times this season, Ryan has expressed regret over situations that have unfolded offensively: Saturday's pass attempts and becoming too "enamored" with the weapons in the passing game early on in the season. How does that happen?

"Thatís on my shoulders," Ryan said, pointing out again that the 59 passes is a misleading stat.

"But I've just got to be a little more mindful of it, thatís all. Because we were running the ball effectively, so I think thatís where ... and it's not a criticism of Brian. To be honest, if I had known, we would have sat there and I think Brian would have been the first to tell you that throwing the ball 60 times is too many."

Ryan said all the coaches have a say in the Jets' weekly game plan.

"Brian calls the plays on offense, he leans on guys as well, his coaches as well," Ryan said. "The defense, (Mike) Pettine is calling those things. Do I have more of a role in that? Yeah, there's times when ... but again, weíre together. There are times when we will lean on Dennis Thurman to, 'Hey, give us the coverage you like.' Thatís what happens in this game. I donít think you blame things on one guy. If you are going to blame it on one guy, it should be the head coach, and thatís what you get paid to do. I'm not ducking my responsibility. That was my responsibility to win that game, that didnít get done, and so the criticism should be placed on me. And you know what, I've got broad enough shoulders, I can take it."

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/rex_ryan_says_blame_should_be.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed[/URL]

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297317]Didnt another team play the same style of offense last year and won 14 games?[/QUOTE]

if you're referring to the patriots, it's not a fair comparison.

the patriots have a future HOF lock at QB and huge play TE's running up the seam. Also have a guy named Wes Welker.

the patriots systematically go vertical more then it seems, they just utilize the seam with their TE's...they stretch the field there.

the jets stretch the field nowhere, ever.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4297324]if you're referring to the patriots, it's not a fair comparison.

the patriots have a future HOF lock at QB and huge play TE's running up the seam. Also have a guy named Wes Welker.

the patriots systematically go vertical more then it seems, they just utilize the seam with their TE's...they stretch the field there.

the jets stretch the field nowhere, ever.[/QUOTE]

I meant last year. Gronkowski wasnt a big threat last year. Hernandez was a ok threat. People were complaining last year that the Pats needed a big Wide reciever on the outside or else people would play short and they wouldnt do much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE]
    "But I've just got to be a little more mindful of it, thatís all. Because we were running the ball effectively, so I think thatís where ... and it's not a criticism of Brian. To be honest, if I had known, we would have sat there and I think Brian would have been the first to tell you that throwing the ball 60 times is too many."[/QUOTE]

Rex....come on dude.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297328]I meant last year. Gronkowski wasnt a big threat last year. Hernandez was a ok threat. People were complaining last year that the Pats needed a big Wide reciever on the outside or else people would play short and they wouldnt do much.[/QUOTE]

frankly outside of the regular season they didnt do anything except one and done in the playoffs.

but again, tom brady is tom brady...he has proven year in and year out he can single handedly carry that team offensively.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4297331]Rex....come on dude.[/QUOTE]

If that's how Rex really feels--and is running this team--he should get a boot out the door with Shoddy today.

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4297335]If that's how Rex really feels--and is running this team--he should get a boot out the door with Shoddy today.[/QUOTE]

that's the point. its a public image. Don't believe everything he says

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4297331]Rex....come on dude.[/QUOTE]

Rex acts like he's watching another's teams' offense. It's freaking absurd.

The plays are being relayed through his headset. He can hear them all.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297338]that's the point. its a public image. Don't believe everything he says[/QUOTE]

His "public image" is to act like he's really not the HC of the team?

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297338]that's the point. its a public image. Don't believe everything he says[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SMC;4297340]Rex acts like he's watching another's teams' offense. It's freaking absurd.

The plays are being relayed through his headset. He can hear them all.[/QUOTE]

rex does this all the time...it is a public image but its a stupid one...when it comes to the offense he acts like he has little to no responsibility...when he claims responsibility his words are empty.

[QUOTE=SMC;4297344]His "public image" is to act like he's really not the HC of the team?[/QUOTE]

What I mean is its a facade. Never believe anything he says at pressers like this. Schotty will be fired as mentioned earlier by Woody Johnson.

Wasn't Weeb Ewbank kind of a figurehead only when it came to playcalling? Walt Michaels did alot of the playcalling with that team. At least that was the impression I got from the "America's Game" documentary
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 12-28-2011 at 04:49 PM.

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297347]What I mean is its a facade. Never believe anything he says at pressers like this. Schotty will be fired as mentioned earlier by Woody Johnson.[/QUOTE]

when did woody say he will be fired?

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297347]What I mean is its a facade. Never believe anything he says at pressers like this. Schotty will be fired as mentioned earlier by Woody Johnson.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! What? When did Woody say Schotty will be fired?

Cimini speculated Woody could look for a fall guy

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4297348]when did woody say he will be fired?[/QUOTE]

Cimini has said that in every losing/disappointing year with Woody Johnson at the helm, someone has gotten fired by Woody Johnson. Schotty is the logical scapegoat for this season.
    Clayton and Palotonio have also mentioned the fact that they believe Schotty will be fired

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297356]Cimini has said that in every losing/disappointing year with Woody Johnson at the helm, someone has gotten fired by Woody Johnson. Schotty is the logical scapegoat for this season.
    Clayton and Palotonio have also mentioned the fact that they believe Schotty will be fired[/QUOTE]

ok so woody never said that....it's pure speculation.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4297358]ok so woody never said that....it's pure speculation.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say pure speculation but logical speculation. An educated guess, if you will