Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sal Pal speculating Schotty will be fired

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4297360]I wouldn't say pure speculation but logical speculation. An educated guess, if you will[/QUOTE]

it's speculation based on nothing. and woody never said anything of the sort.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4297331]Rex....come on dude.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4297335]If that's how Rex really feels--and is running this team--he should get a boot out the door with Shoddy today.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SMC;4297340]Rex acts like he's watching another's teams' offense. It's freaking absurd.

The plays are being relayed through his headset. He can hear them all.[/QUOTE]
    Rex doesn't have the chops to ride Schotty's shoulder. He has to trust him; Rex has no feel for calling the offense. Do you think Jimmy Johnson told Norv Turner how to do his job.

You guys need to stop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4297364]it's speculation based on nothing. and woody never said anything of the sort.[/QUOTE]

I mean, it's speculation from reputable NFL insiders who have sources.

It's not just some fan blogging about how Woody must hate Schotty because we all do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4297371]I mean, it's speculation from reputable NFL insiders who have sources.

It's not just some fan blogging about how Woody must hate Schotty because we all do.[/QUOTE]

they didnt cite any source what so ever...they are speculating plain and simple.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4297373]they didnt cite any source what so ever...they are speculating plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

When you have sources inside organizations you don't "cite" them. If you did, you wouldn't have sources for very long.

I'm not saying they know for a fact Schotty is gone, I just think their knowledge of the situation is probably better than ours, and if they're willing to go out on enough of a limb to speculate he's gone, there's probably something more to it than their personal opinion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Zombo;4297242]If you have an offense the team already knows well, and the main gripe is poor playcalling, why not just promote a guy like Callahan to run the offense the way Rex wants it run? What would a new offense do besides stunt Sanchez's growth? Not much. Call more run plays, get rid of the stupid trickery, and the offense should be better.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!

I think the new OC's motto should be :

[b]"KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID!"[/b] :cool:

'cause really...that's all this offense needs. Nothing fancy, just pure plain run-of-the-mill playcalling :

Step 1.) Establish the run

Step 2.) If step 1 is successful, utilize the Playaction pass play

Step 3.) If step 2 is successful, run the ball again 'till they stop you.

No more Gadget plays
    No more Trick Plays
    [b]NO MORE WILDCAT!![/b] :mad:

Keep it simple.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4297379]When you have sources inside organizations you don't "cite" them. If you did, you wouldn't have sources for very long.

I'm not saying they know for a fact Schotty is gone, I just think their knowledge of the situation is probably better than ours, and if they're willing to go out on enough of a limb to speculate he's gone, there's probably something more to it than their personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

you'd like to think so...all im saying is the guy said "woody said schotty will be fired", which is not true...as the title of the thread itself says, it's speculation on all counts...its speculation i like, but its not fact.

in terms of citing sources...no you dont flat out name them but saying things like "sources indicate" or something of that nature is common practice.

in this case cimini actually said, "when the jets have had poor seasons woody has given someone the axe and this time it could be schotty" that's speculation by definition.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 12-28-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heart hopes it is true. Brain tells me it is false.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;4297298]Calling Schitty a "scapegoat" is like saying John Wilkes Booth was the scapegoat for the Lincoln assassination.[/QUOTE]

This. +10000

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets do not have a dominant defense as we had and do not have a great o-line and have a on again off again back in Greene. Ground and pound will not do it against good teams. In this day and age you need to at least be reasonable at passing the ball. If the Jets do not dramatically improve the passing offense and establish some deep threats teams will just load the box and poach all the short stuff.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GoBigGreen;4297243]Getting rid of Schotty isn't going to solve our ills if Rex is persistent on a conservative, take no chances offense.[/QUOTE]

agreed. And if we do become a strict GROUND & POUND team and fail to get the OL personnel to make it work, we will be wasting time marching in place. I think we need a whole new offense. Then Sanchez will have a new set of excuses afforded him by his worshipers! Oh he is learning a new offense! I can hear it now! lol I really do not care who goes or who stays! I just want a SUPER BOWL WIN soon!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;4297298]Calling Schitty a "scapegoat" is like saying John Wilkes Booth was the scapegoat for the Lincoln assassination.[/QUOTE]

bwahaha this going in my sig

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4297252]I don't think the team's offense is very good. I don't like the pass routes, I don't like the personnel packages, and the running plays are not early as successful as years past (where is the toss sweep?). A new coordinator, with an understanding of the team's QB's limitations and strengths can design something that will at least catch an opponent off guard.

How many times do the Jets roll out Sanchez with one WR in a route to that side? That's just one example of the stuff that drives me crazy, even something that is Sanchez' strength is not fully taken advantage of...Shotty has to go, along with his offense. Sanchez is a bright kid, he can learn a new offense, this is not rocket science.[/QUOTE]What has Sanchez ever done to prove he is a bright kid. It seems to me he is not smart enough to grasp the pro game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;4297245]Maybe it's me but I get the sense Rex has almost nothing to do with current offense.[/QUOTE]

then your sense is wrong. His hands are all over this. Just watch NFL films when Schotty ask him "u wanna pass here" ... or when Rex tells Schotty "ground and pound" ... his hands are ALL over the offense which is why its so bad. We need somebody who comes in and just runs his offense whichever way he wants. It can be 30 runs this week and 40 passes next week. It can be a "you never know" whats coming type of offense. We just need the personnel for that. Get more depth at receivers ... Add a vertical deep threat next year and maybe Braylon. Braylon, Holmes, Kerley, and a vertical threat ... should do it. Add another Tightend thats a receiving threat. Maybe Cumberland recovers or maybe we get Finley from the Packers. Who knows and who cares ..... but something has to be done. I think we should also consider getting a another running back to compliment Shonn Greene. Part ways with LT, keep Mcknight in that Sproles role and get an Amad Bradshaw or Felix jones kind of back to compliment Greene. Greene isn't a featured back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    broken record time. the same offensive plays will be there it's just a matter of when they're called and how the players are coached up. schitty does not know how to coach up his players. he expects them to learn the plays on their own and then gets upset when they fail. the players need to be taught how to execute. schitty would rather sit on his throne and watch film.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have Tom Moore call the plays ................. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4297252]I don't think the team's offense is very good. I don't like the pass routes, I don't like the personnel packages, and the running plays are not early as successful as years past (where is the toss sweep?). A new coordinator, with an understanding of the team's QB's limitations and strengths can design something that will at least catch an opponent off guard.

How many times do the Jets roll out Sanchez with one WR in a route to that side? That's just one example of the stuff that drives me crazy, even something that is Sanchez' strength is not fully taken advantage of...Shotty has to go, along with his offense. Sanchez is a bright kid, he can learn a new offense, this is not rocket science.[/QUOTE]

um...yes. That's an awesome amount of common sense for a mod.

:alien: :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A "scapegoat" when you have 40% of your offensive line in the Probowl, and you still rank 27th out of 32 teams in offense? Please........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=section314;4297513]A "scapegoat" when you have 40% of your offensive line in the Probowl, and you still rank 27th out of 32 teams in offense? Please........[/QUOTE]

Well our receivers are garbage half the time. The QB is very erratic and the RT is a disaster. The Jets should for sure get a new oc but that doesn't make the rest of the clown show any better.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

How many times do the Jets roll out Sanchez with one WR in a route to that side? That's just [B]one example of the stuff that drives me crazy,[/B] even something that is Sanchez' strength is not fully taken advantage of...Shotty has to go, along with his offense. Sanchez is a bright kid, he can learn a new offense, this is not rocket science.[/QUOTE]

+1 :yes:

I've seen Sanchez split out as an end more often than any other qb, ever! And I'm old!