Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sal Pal speculating Schotty will be fired

All League
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4298182]Is Norv really an option after the tiff he and Rex had earlier in the season? I would think if he has other options he would take that over the Jets[/QUOTE]

Personally I think the "tiff" was more the media trying to blow it up than anything. Rex publicly called Cromartie soft when he was in San Diego and we still got him

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4298174]lmao I forgot the smilie sorry

Callahan called the plays and they went to the Superbowl. O gets the square, and now you don't get to kiss juicy JP Morgan.

As a consolation prize, we do have some Jets rain boots that some actress refused to take home. :yes:[/QUOTE]

That's a relief. I was thinking that perhaps you were just having a bad day.

At this point anything would be an improvement over shotty. I think the Jets should just ask the good folks at EA sports to come up with a program to call the plays.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4298174]lmao I forgot the smilie sorry

Callahan called the plays and they went to the Superbowl. O gets the square, and now you don't get to kiss juicy JP Morgan.

As a consolation prize, we do have some Jets rain boots that some actress refused to take home. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Callahan's meticulous nature was not the lone factor in Al Davis's decision to hire him to replace Gruden. There were results behind the detail. In four years as Gruden's assistant -- as an offensive coordinator, an offensive line coach and a tight ends coach -- [B]Callahan had called the running plays every season.[/B]

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/10/sports/pro-football-a-quiet-man-now-coaches-the-raiders.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm[/url]

Not sure if "called" is the correct word..Perhaps developed? Similar to his role now with the Jets..

Callahan, who is the Jets' run game coordinator, also holds the title of assistant head coach.

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/02/jets_deny_titans_request_to_in.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4298192]Personally I think the "tiff" was more the media trying to blow it up than anything. Rex publicly called Cromartie soft when he was in San Diego and we still got him[/QUOTE]

I agree but sometimes ego plays a role in people's decision. I personally feel Norv woul be a good OC and NY is a great market for him.